• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A good round today. -1 at Maxwell. I was still crushing my drives, but I missed some easier putts and shanked a couple of ups (both of which typically happen to me). Had a blast since my girlfriend tagged along and played today.

+1 during my lunch round at Woodlands. Birdie on 6 was nice.

Vallarta-Ast...aka Token Creek and a really nice straightforward 48 on the white placements from the girls tees. Made all the 18' footers. Which was the goal. Nice weather, no bugs...the only hint of trouble was the lone zombie who threw on us while we were putting on #9.

I pretended it didn't happen and my partner...lol....commented on my restraint as we walked to the 10th tee. I'm working on my putting and not throwing discs that are thrown in my direction into the deepest schule available from that lie. My partner is a lawyer and he's been counseling me on my DG etiquette.

So the 10th tee the zombie walks up and is apologetic and explaining that he was on his phone and lost track of us. I suggested that he doesn't text and drive. He totally missed that. We let him play thru and enjoyed the back nine zombie free.

-1 at the Willows. Great warm, breezy day to throw discs.

Westside Warship, Vibram Ibex, and Lat 64 Fuse are awesome mids - got me my birdies with them today.

I played some mediocre golf today, but the cool part was all the critters. I saw a turtle, a butt load of ants, bunches of squirrels, and two decent sized black snakes. It was a fun way to start the day.

I played....lol. played a new course today in grand rapids. Erle brewer park. Played both courses. Shot -4 on the north course and -3 on the south. On the north course my dx glo rocs were money. On the south course it was windy so the firebird and sidewinder/beat teebird parked me a few times. Considering I don't play but once a month id say,of was a good day.

played hyland and bryant today, tried to replicate lines i had taken before and was punished in the wind. gotta learn to read the conditions first, and call on previous experience second.

Got out for 36 this morning at Miller Creek. Played 2 regular rounds then went safari crazy for the other 18.
Hit some good lines, and surprised myself on some of the safari holes as most of them were a bit longer than the regular holes.

Played 9 holes shot a -5. I have been doing a lot of Buzzz work. I took the bag with today. Form felt great.

Shot 8 down with a putter only!!!! A borrowed putter at that!!!! Stop by the course no discs!!! Hooked up with someone and asked to borrow putter!!!

played hyland and bryant today, tried to replicate lines i had taken before and was punished in the wind. gotta learn to read the conditions first, and call on previous experience second.

Shot +5 (all par 3) at Hyland today. First round out there this year. Left my bag in my other buddies car yesterday so I played with what used to be my putter, a backup backup z buzz, a champ teebird and a really overstable z nuke which I drove with on 2 and then carried the rest of the round. Borrowed my buddies semi-gummy star destroyer and was loving it. Bogey on 5,6,10,11,12,14,17 Birdies on 13,15,16. Had 2 or 3 putts off the cage. My playing partner was even, but missed his 20 foot comebacker on 18. I don't think I'll be playing Bryant for awhile, felt good to get away from what seems like crowds out there recently.

Funny you mention the wind. My drive on 18 with that destroyer anny-ed literally all the way from the left side of the hill all the way to shorter basket placement on 12. She just didn't want to fade.

Played 27 holes at Mound Creek in SW Minnesota tonight. -5 (22), -3 (24), -4 (23). I've been really frustrated the past month, however, as I am either Jekyl or Hyde on the course.

Like my first round. Missed a 45-footer on Hole 1, but otherwise it was park the tee shot, drop in for deuce on the next four holes. Effortless...just absolutely owning it. Then I get to Holes 6-7 and I can't hit the side of a barn. Barely crawl away with par. Then put my tee shot on Hole 8 (by far the toughest hole on the course for a LHBH player) about 12 feet right of the basket for deuce. Then I get to 9, an EASY deuce, and I leave it 40+ feet short/right. A tee shot I should park with my eyes closed. And chunk the putt.

It's exciting and very frustrating at the same time. Exciting, because I can throw "surgical strikes" around the tee and basket that I couldn't even fathom 3-4 years ago. Frustrating because I know how to do it, know I can do it, and I'll have "brain farts" or terrible form/execution about 1/4 to 1/3 of the holes.

Any ideas for how I can get more consistent and/or mentally tougher?! Besides quitting my job/family/responsibilities and playing 24/7? :)

I played like complete butthole tonight in bag tag leagues. Were getting ready for a tournament this weekend, so pretty much all the pin positions are in the most difficult spots possible.. and all par 3.. but I got a +15. Terrible terrible terrible. After the round I wanted to burn my bag and have a bond fire. I did win an Innova Roc dri-fit in CTP afterwards.. and I beat the club president in a game of putting HORSE.. so those things made me feel a little better.. but still. I wanted to cry.

Well last weekend we took a road trip to Louisville and played Ottercreek. First two holes I bogeyed with my youngest son taking pars and my oldest son a bogey and par. The next few holes We all had pars and then i went on a birdie run. I think I had about 3 birdies in a row and one par. I then bogeyed the next hole and from then parred until we hit 17. 17 is 297 with the basket in the woods to the left of a wide open fairway. I picked up my trusty volt and parked the hole which I think made me 1 under at the time. Then we go to 18 and i was bragging how I was whipping up on the boys, which was pay back for the first 3 holes because they were ripping me on how bad I was playing, ended up taking a 4 which made me even for the day. That was not bad considering I had never played the course before. I will say I have been doing the mark Ellis confidence putting program and it has made a world of difference on my putting.

Birdies on 13,15,16. I don't think I'll be playing Bryant for awhile, felt good to get away from what seems like crowds out there recently.

playin hyland as all par 3's? that could be rough.

nice birdies on those holes, i hit trees on all of those.. and yeah its super nice getting away from the Bryant crowds, i only play there (happily) before 10am.

and yeahhh hole 18 was an enormous pain in the ass today.

Another good round today at the local club's $5 Friday event. Took back to back 5s on 13 and 14 but righted the ship and ended up winning. I was still crushing my drives and I putted well enough.

So far all Ive done is fieldwork. I think I lost the momentum of progress I was a week or so ago after taking a few days off due to an injury. Maybe it just wasnt a good day today. I may play glow dubs league tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.