• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot a -7 yesterday! (9 hole course).

Never mind that it was on a pitch-n-putt, with all the holes less than 150'...

I just got back from a 9 hole Pitch and Putt earlier and shot 6 under par. :thmbup:

The longest hole is 280ft

I just got back from a 9 hole Pitch and Putt earlier and shot 6 under par. :thmbup:

The longest hole is 280ft

:hfive:

Its just plain fun to throw a short course once in awhile. Almost feel guilty doing it!

Not good. Wet out, long holes, bad releases, soggy towels. Just not a great combination. It was still kinda fun.

Except an ant bit my ankle :c

Friend of a friend I was supposed to play with really screwed me, I ended up only playing one hole.

However, that feeling when you change something in your throw and see immediate improvement is awesome. I realized my finger placement was wrong, and I was over snapping my wrist. I've seen an immediate increase in distance and accuracy. I've also been only using 168 Buzzz D, a 180 Stingray, and a 150 polecat. I've had good luck with the Stingray though.

... basically a lot better than yesterday: 890 rounds to 930+ rounds

Played 90 holes today!!! Played 36 at Whittier Narrows and 54 at La Mirada. It was a great day. Had all 3 boys out, they had a great time too.

Wow. I am pretty confident that I will never win in MA1 as long as I live. Feels pretty good, huh?

Even better considering I came back from third card! Only 3 pars on the round to go with 3 bogeys and 13 birdies.

Shot a lovely -7 in 17 holes during a quick lunch break round. Probably would have bogeyed 18, but as I was walking down the fairway I noticed I had to get back to work so I picked up my poor drive and called it.

Played an all-day team matchplay event at Seneca Creek - what a blast! In five matches I played lousy - good - fair - fantastic - good. I had my best drives ever on a few holes, and played one string of five holes about as well as I can play.

Can't wait to play again next year. And, um, our team of old guys beat Austin and the youngsters . . . :D

Hit the water 4 times at BRP yesterday in the final round of the Majestic. Scored by almost 20 strokes worse than I think I have ever scored there. Got my disc back 3 of the 4 water shots, left the last one as the water was so deep I don't think I could have touched bottom to try and feel for it.

Still had a good time, a day spent DGing is better than a day not spent on the course.

Played in a small local tourney yesterday up near Lake Tahoe in Truckee CA. I led my card (and division) for the first 13 holes and then gave 2 strokes back with 2-3 missed birdies and 2 bogeys. Poor drives followed up by too aggressive upshots. Ah well, finished tied for 3rd and took home the #9 tag for our club! Great day in the woods and a real fun group to play with.

Even par for 21 holes at Dela. First birdie ever on hole 22. Wish I had time to play all 28 today, since my record is -1. But work is work and play is play they say...

I'm beginning to wonder if this addiction is good for me or not...I just realized that I'm on track to play 1000 holes this month. I work in the schools, and am temporarily an 'empty nester', so I go out daily.
Today, I drove two holes I've never reached before, and waited out a downpour to finish a wet round this afternoon. The payoff? I've played 34 different courses since May 1st and got 23 personal course-best rounds in that span. A couple of casual players asked how I learned to tee off like that (which isn't that impressive compared to open players), & I said, I'm an addict. :eek:

Finally hit double digits at verdugo hills.

-10 With a missed Ace hitting chains.

About Freaking time, I was always close with many -9's before.

I was Proud of myself:)

Now time for that -15 Goal.

played bryant as all par 3's with a homie, handful of birdies and a ton of boring textbook pars. people insisted on throwing discs at us while we were putting after hole 5, which screwed up the momentum we had going. bryant can be a real terror this time of year, everything off the fairways is knee high grass or dense woods on cliffs, but we escaped with almost all our discs. i also found a vibram mini in the weeds, been wanting one for awhile.. it seems i only find stuff i like these days. my friend bombed a glow champ roc on hole 16 and hit chains, but it spit out, thats the rock hole and if you've played it you know the basket is well guarded.

probably going to hit up hyland tomorrow morning for the tan/ exercise if nothing else, might even one disc it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts