• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threw alright :)

yayyyy chip. hope it stuck.

i played with a girl from work after our shift. it was her first time out and she did well, lots of pars, no lost discs. i strung together a bunch of birds to save face.
was nice to play with just a vector and ion, nothin else i really need.

finished 3 down at trinity for the day/for the win at the third trinity point series...i should be leading in points in adv by now. lookin forward to the ratings??? not. maybe.

Eh - not all that great. Been having trouble clicking with the Underworlds lately, and with drivers in general. Not putting all that great, either. I'm basically in a slump, which happens, especially when I focus more on practicing than playing rounds, as I've been doing lately. Something about being in analytical mode about my playing that keeps me from hitting my A game.

Did a bit of nice fieldwork with the Tangent and Tensor today, though; I was easily clearing 275' with them, which is good for me. It was my first time out with the Tensor; I'm undecided on it, but I like it thus far. Nice to have an OS mid back in the bag.

Won random doubles, it was a new course.

Kept making some nice 50- 80ft birdies"

It was a fun round.

SUCKED... but only been at this a month. Now its time to get jacked up on MT DEW and Ibuprofen, and wait for the fireworks tonight

Would have been so much worse if my driving was as bad as my.putting.

Not too bad. My putting was off a little. Left at least 4 shots on the course and shot 3 over. Won by 2.

BRP is still in the Majestic layout, so I get one last crack at it to prove that I could have played better during that tournament. Two weeks ago I carded a 90 in Intermediate; not lights out, but good enough to raise me from 35th to 11th out of 90 people.

The issue is that at the beginning of the year I was a decent player but could never string together enough good shots or rounds to be competitive in Advanced. I signed up for Intermediate in several tournaments so I can place well and often be carded with competitive people. I suddenly went on a tear and played close to the golf I envisioned I am capable of, and I put together several great finishes and even two victories. I was going to make the Majestic my last intermediate tournament since my rating is now sitting at 933.

The problem is is that Kaposia, my first round, absolutely destroyed me. I know what I am doing, I know what I am talking about, but occasionally I just cannot execute. That was the case at Kaposia, or at least was some of the blame along with the worse streak of bad luck that has ever befallen any player. I had a decent round at HSSA to pull me from 49th to 35th. To finish well I needed an awesome round combined with some others falling down. At BRP I played about three throws worse than what I would consider my average, and I carded a 90. Well, it was good enough to move from 35th to 11th.

Today I nailed several more shots, approached tremendously better, and overall played closer to what I envisioned I am capable of playing. I still left one drive, one approach, and two putts on the course, but my 85 felt tremendously better than the 90 I had during the tournament.

Had a few runs at a July 4th ace and absolutely killed the putts today. Played doubles at two courses and had a great time, can't ask for much else on a day off.

BRP is still in the Majestic layout, so I get one last crack at it to prove that I could have played better during that tournament. Two weeks ago I carded a 90 in Intermediate; not lights out, but good enough to raise me from 35th to 11th out of 90 people.

The issue is that at the beginning of the year I was a decent player but could never string together enough good shots or rounds to be competitive in Advanced. I signed up for Intermediate in several tournaments so I can place well and often be carded with competitive people. I suddenly went on a tear and played close to the golf I envisioned I am capable of, and I put together several great finishes and even two victories. I was going to make the Majestic my last intermediate tournament since my rating is now sitting at 933.

The problem is is that Kaposia, my first round, absolutely destroyed me. I know what I am doing, I know what I am talking about, but occasionally I just cannot execute. That was the case at Kaposia, or at least was some of the blame along with the worse streak of bad luck that has ever befallen any player. I had a decent round at HSSA to pull me from 49th to 35th. To finish well I needed an awesome round combined with some others falling down. At BRP I played about three throws worse than what I would consider my average, and I carded a 90. Well, it was good enough to move from 35th to 11th.

Today I nailed several more shots, approached tremendously better, and overall played closer to what I envisioned I am capable of playing. I still left one drive, one approach, and two putts on the course, but my 85 felt tremendously better than the 90 I had during the tournament.

God dammit, do I miss Kaposia Park. My old 'home course'. Best score was two down. Good times.

Squeezed in 27 holes at Seneca Creek this morning before spending the day with visitors. Lotsa pars with a few birdies and bogies mixed in.

Almost had a Tangent skip ace on #3, a tight downhill hole by the creek, but the most entertaining hole was #4. I hyzer-flipped a Star Mamba but it didn't quite hold the turn long enough. As it started to fade it perfectly matched the angle of the sideways-sloping hill, skimming the slope all the way to the next tee.

Saved the par despite throwing 330' on a 265' hole. :D

I hadn't played for about a month so I went out to my home course Buffalo Ridge and played 27. I went +2 for the day and I was pretty happy with that because I hit some really nice putts and my drives were pretty decent all around.

I played Mooreman Park in Quincy again today. +6 a personal best.

On a side note: I went to Quincy because Someone found my Katana and turned it in to the lost and found. They called me with the phone # I put on the bottom of the disk. I was skeptical that it would do any good to do that but I am plesantly surprised in the people who play this sport. Thanks to whomever turned it in, I hope to be able to return the favor someday!

went on an ace run at the new hyland 9, didnt sink anything but birdied errthang. ate lunch at Morty's, the all american hoagie is the biz. then trekked down to Kenwood Trails because i havent played there in a year. hit basket for birdie on the first 9 holes.. sank a few. then started messing around for the rest because it obviously wasnt happening today.

i played forehand only for like 10 years, and this year started throwing all backhand all the time. been an extremely hard transition and ive seriously practiced daily to get back on track score wise. now im seeing tons of opportunities for forehand shots and im constantly tempted. im really NOT a fan of flicking golf discs just because i think it looks stupid, but i might have to put in some practice time. if i could forehand as well as i backhand my scores would drop drastically, but i really have no respect for good forehand shots... seems like the easy way out every time. something ill probably have to get over.

Status
Not open for further replies.