• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:clap:

That's how I felt today lugging my Grip bag around and getting looks while I grip locked EVERYTHING.

Dude, you and I need to get together for a round sometime soon. Maybe meet up at Rollin Ridge or something.

Agreed. I'd really like to get back to Crystal Lake and see if I've improved as much as I'd like to think I have. Riverside in West Bend is supposedly very nice now, too. All concrete teepads and huge signage. I liked that course before...I think I'd really like it now.

Not to shabby. Shot -3 on the back at La Mirada.. just trying to get ready for my first rec division tourney.

Played the Breeze thru the Trees yesterday. First time playing in Advanced Masters. finished 3rd...out of 3. i shot 6 up. i couldn't keep the disc down under the low canopy on a few holes. putting was better. then went and played a casual round at Forrest park and shot 2 down.

Had some fun today. Played two rounds, one at Crestmont Park, and the other at Karst Farm Park. Shot a +7 at Karst, still having trouble breaking that +5/6/7 barrier. It's def the more technical of the two. Shot a +1 at Karst. It's more wide open, but pretty long for me. Used my new Atlas, and damn, is that thing deadly. Really liking that disc.

Two of us old bastids came in 3rd at Ann Mo doubles with a -8: winner was -13. A buddy who got a public drunk charge[walking home from a party rather than driving] Thurs and whose dog got popped by a porcupine Sat. nite won the $1300 ace pot. Good karma. :thmbup:

... Played some dubs today. Other group was a couple of guys; both older than me and my partner put together ... both of their age is probably how much distance both me and my partner have on them off the tee ... they won by 2 ... :wall::doh::thmbdown:

I was pretty pleased though. We tied for 2nd, but lost in a playoff.

Agreed. I'd really like to get back to Crystal Lake and see if I've improved as much as I'd like to think I have. Riverside in West Bend is supposedly very nice now, too. All concrete teepads and huge signage. I liked that course before...I think I'd really like it now.

Crystal Lake is nice. Holes are short, but it's nice.

West Bend has become a very nice course. Good mix of open and wooded and almost every hole presents its own challenge.

Let me know if you're heading to the area. I'll make time to play.

Probably no bears this time, too! :D

Two of us old bastids came in 3rd at Ann Mo doubles with a -8: winner was -13. A buddy who got a public drunk charge[walking home from a party rather than driving] Thurs and whose dog got popped by a porcupine Sat. nite won the $1300 ace pot. Good karma. :thmbup:

This line is my favorite part of the day. :thmbup:

In other news...

After the rain passed this afternoon I hit up the local 9 holer and played the first round like I had never thrown a disc before and then chilled out the second round to pull a -6 over 18 total holes.

Also, I realize more and more that I have much love for the Prodigy D3.

Big ups, and whatever else we said in the 90's.

OMG, I played so badly, but my score was inexplicably typical for me. I hit every tree and missed every putt, some of them twice! How is it possible I got my usual score?

Last edited:
Played well all weekend at Justin Trails Open in Sparta WI, including during the rain this morning on Big Brother, came home with my first ever tourny win and a coveted Black Disc to hang on the wall. I even managed to beat all but 2 of the open players! :D

Played well all weekend at Justin Trails Open in Sparta WI, including during the rain this morning on Big Brother, came home with my first ever tourny win and a coveted Black Disc to hang on the wall. I even managed to beat all but 2 of the open players! :D

:clap:

Nice work! I can't wait to play that course.

Thanks!! just stepped up to adv this year, glad i didnt embarrass myself :p and i can pretty much promise that you will LOVE that place! Camp if you can, its beautiful and you will want to rest up after all that climbing on Big Brother!

garbage.

shot +10 my first round and then + 6 my second. all my drives have been off lately. my approaches and putts were pretty good today. i know it sounds silly, but i think it might be because i had to stop wearing my vibram five fingers. i hardly even know how to walk in anything else, now. and just the fact that only my drives (walking x-step) were off . . . wearing hiking boots just changes how everything feels. i don't feel like i'm on the ground anymore. : \ gonna save up and hopefully get some flat hiking shoes (new balance) in a couple weeks.

Thanks!! just stepped up to adv this year, glad i didnt embarrass myself :p and i can pretty much promise that you will LOVE that place! Camp if you can, its beautiful and you will want to rest up after all that climbing on Big Brother!

Thanks for the tip! I would rather camp, but I have a couple of Sally's that want to spend the money for the cabins... We'll see. :doh:

It was my first round in over two weeks, and I threw a few strokes better than my average. Been trying to focus on my horribly inconsistent backhand, so I didn't flick anything off the tee. It was a bit windy, but that didn't seem to affect me at all. Looking forward to hitting another course this afternoon.

Played my second ever weekly tournament in GG Park yesterday. Shot a 66, after shooting an 89 the previous week. Wooohooo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts