• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played the ace race today. No aces for this guy but three of the guys on my card did, including the youngest guy on the card. Pretty cool to see. I also found out that I can throw a thumber pretty darn good. Surprised the heck out of myself. Playing a real round I woulda been parked on a hole that I never ever park. Made me very happy to discover I have this skill as I have never even tried before.

+6 at my home course Mt Sunapee yesterday (personal best here!) and a +7 at the Pinnacle a couple days before. These damned trees are making me a better player! Near perfect weather for New England DG!

Using only Roc3 and Classic Aviar

In North Carolina on business this weekend and had the chance to sneak off and play a round at Creekside Park in Archdale.

First time I've played there. Really nice course, just challenging enough for a noob like me. Being the first time, I allowed myself some Mulligans but I still got a couple of honest birdies.

Played the Battle of the Berg (at Williamsberg, OH) today. We had 10-12 guys with ratings hovering around 875-890 wanting to play Intermediate, Adv Masters and Adv Grandmasters (me & one other guy), but I told the TD to put me in any reasonable group, so I 'moved down' (?) to Adv Masters.

We had 1.5 inches of rain overnight on a course with ravines, creeks and a 150' muddy hill. I blew up on a couple of holes in the muddy footing, and carded a 59 for the first round, leaving me 4th of 5 and on the 2nd card, six strokes out.

Came back and shot a single bogie 50 the second round to squeak into first the first time I've ever played in the division. Wish me luck in tomorrow's tourney at Mt. Airy! :p

drilled the side of a brick wall with my flx buzz on a lazer shot. that plastic is durable to say the least

Highland Park Ace Race... two metals. Good enough for a tie for 3rd if they kept score that way. Was pretty happy with how I took to the disc, both RHBH (my normal throw) and RHFH (out of necessity for the course layout).

Then afterwards played a solo round to -3 and a group round after the race to -2 in spite of a serious downpour on holes #5-9. Good time.

Oh, and I won one of three Rings of Fire. That was especially cool because I always question my putting skills. So winning a putting contest was especially sweet for me. :clap:

Played Rec in a local C tier today. Shot a decent, smart round (59) on the first course and that was good enough to be 4th on the lead card. Came out super hot and had reeled in everyone in front of me during the front nine but ended up giving all the strokes back on the final nine. Ended up taking third on my card but there were a couple of hot rounds on the chase card. Not sure what I finished because I rolled about before awards to get back to town and spend time with my nephew.

I'm disappointed because I lost and had some rough holes. But all in all I shot two decent rounds, played my game, and had some fantastic shots. My tee game was solid and I was crushing my Valkyries today. My approach game was solid, especially my flicks. I didn't putt well but I didn't putt terrible and I was hitting all the putts I should make by the end of the day. Got a nice, flat Star Firebird for my player pack and picked up a beautiful Metal Flake Champ Gator. Plus, the sun was shining on a beautiful, mid sixties September day.

All in all, a wonderful day, even without the results I wanted.

All in all, a wonderful day, even without the results I wanted.

winning isnt everything. i placed second at the last tourny i went to and to be honest i didnt even have fun. this guy that had a hot first 2 rounds (it was a 2 day tourny with 4 rounds total, 2 diff courses) started to eat a fat thick one on day 2 and started calling BS foot faults on me cuz i was tearing it up. he was up 10 strokes after the first day and lost his lead. i over passed him, and his jimmies were really starting to get rustled which lead to the foot faults. by the way this was rec and only 4 of us. and i mean its rec come on its more so just for fun.

anyways his bad game lead him to try to bring mine down, but he couldnt break my spirit but he was annoying the **** out of me. it was at that point i realized that tournys arent for me. i would rather be discing with my friends or girlfriend because i had way more fun just having a good time with them. all i could think about is how stupid this was and i wanted to be anywhere but there. i knew i was close for the lead but i wanted to not come back after the lunch break, i just wasnt having a good time. i mean i did and won second, lost by two strokes, got my little funny money which was cool but it was the last tourny for a very long time. im also not nearly as competitive as everyone else.

both days were perfect weather and everything was right, i just wasnt with the right people.

Played 36 holes yesterday and shot pretty well. Still working out the kinks in my form, but since I picked up the magical PA4, my putting has been on like Donkey Kong.

Hoping to get at least 27 more in today.

Went out on my home course today. It is a 9 hole par 35. Played two times through for a total score of 62. 8 under for the day. I am so happy with that result. After playing like poo in the ace race yesterday, I really needed a confidence booster. By the way the ace race disc has made the bag. It is a wonderful disc. It really helped my score today. I drove with it all day. This is coming from a guy who really does not care for to many Discraft discs.

Played 2 rounds of flip dubs at bluegill yesterday. Scored poorly but had a lot of good shots. Only lost one disc :D ace run on hole #11 went long into the 3rd pond

Played with my 12yo son and his friend for a morning round. The kids started rough, but I coached em up, and by the end they were putting 3's on 200'+ holes. We weren't really keeping score all that closely, bu I probably came in around -7 or so. Couple nice drives within 3'.

Like crap. Seemed like if there was a tree, I was hitting it. A few good drives but my putting is what rescued my doubles. Knocked in 4 birdies so that felt awesome.

Played my first league Sunday at Oakwood Hills in Cottage Grove,, MN. Shot 8 over which I was happy with since I never have played in a league as well as not really played with very many other people. I would of had better score if my eight on the first hole we played would of been lower. During my warm up my putting was right on but during the match the putter failed me.

I busted out possibly my best round ever shooting a -8. Never thought I'd shoot a 49 at buckhorn from the blues :)

Status
Not open for further replies.