• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played rather well. But I can't get over shanking the last hole of the tournament, losing an Ace Wizard in the drink, taking a circle-6 and then looking at the board afterward and realizing that those 3 strokes cost me the win. ;_; I still got third, but smarter golf would've put me in a play off that I could have won.

On the other side, 280' field ace with Roc and a metal hit off the tee.

We played our first tourney in our summer series we call the West Sound Challenge. This was a PDGA C tier, "Discing at the Depot" at NAD Park. I was 3 behind the leader(in my division) after the first round, with a 58, pins in "B" position (par 54). Came back with a 55 in the 2nd round to win the division (Grandmasters). I was pretty happy with the win and that 2nd round as I knew I had to scramble to make up the strokes. I just tried to keep my mistakes to a minimum, which I did. I left a few strokes out there, but so did everyone else.

Played in our club doubles today and was lucky enough to partner up with HOF disc golfer Johnny Sias. He may be near 60 years old...but he is still a great player......carried us to the win. oh....shot a -1 par.

Played kind of crappy but had some good moments. I had a laser straight shot at the basket with my Buzzz on the last hole. It would have been a fairway ace, which I've actually done before with my Buzzz on this hole, but my Buzzz dropped out of the air just before getting there. Still, it felt good after a very up and down round. It was also my only shot with the Buzzz that round.

i will say that despite my huge breakdown later on in the round, i had near-aces on holes 1, 2, and 3.

hole 1 was mesmerizing. my wizard was just floating through the air so straight that i actually lost my depth perception and couldn't tell how far it had traveled. zero lateral movement whatsoever. it was trippy.

Not a good day of golf but for as hungover as I was I can't complain.

OG -3
Verdugo Hills -6 & -4

One of the worst games I have played. Sore elbow, sore shoulder. Weather alternated from rain snow and hail. Went +14.. Also I played my upshot on hole 1 out of a garbage can due to a crap drive.

Pretty good today. Shot a 66 from the ADV version of the course (NPC) and went from tag 92 down to tag 72.

I did ok. Definitely some throws I wish I could do over. It was my first tournament and I played in the AM Rec division. I ended up coming in second! So I got tat going for me.

Fantastic. Played a very windy Lincoln Ridge. Missed far too many birdie putts. Three-putted my way to 3 double bogeys. Finished 5 over. But, I put my first shot of the day into the basket. I went 8 seasons without acing a hole, with many near misses. Finally getting my first ace may be the highlight of my year.

Shot pretty well today...and my Lizard Wizard has broken into that perfectly straight spot. It's a wonderful thing.

shot +11 first round then a +8 at maiden shade.

funny cuz i was at +2 going to hole 14 then i hopped on the bogey train. (there is 21 holes there)

i took one bogey, two triple bogey, but snuck a birdie in there. just awful. the wind picked up and made driving and putting just a chore to do.

very windy and sleet at the end of our round. still a great day of dg

eeeh.

went to BRP, had a good time. lost a dx teebird, my favorite one. lame. today the wind was pretty bad.

my first round was 101 (ouch) with terrible driving and missed putts. took a 3 on hole 4 though. my second round was actually pretty good with the exception of four holes - 4 (took a 7), 23 (took a 5), went OB on 26 and 27 (WTF). i wound up shooting a 93 even with those breakdowns and a few missed putts inside 20'. in this wind, i'll take it.

eeeh.

went to BRP, had a good time. lost a dx teebird, my favorite one. lame. today the wind was pretty bad.

my first round was 101 (ouch) with terrible driving and missed putts. took a 3 on hole 4 though. my second round was actually pretty good with the exception of four holes - 4 (took a 7), 23 (took a 5), went OB on 26 and 27 (WTF). i wound up shooting a 93 even with those breakdowns and a few missed putts inside 20'. in this wind, i'll take it.

i will also say that i'm proud of a couple holes i took 2's on: especially hole 8 (gstar teebird) and hole 20 (dx teebird). big moments for me in that round especially on 8 after that nasty hole 4 debacle.

Totally random day today. Played both short and mid tees at my home course again and had a bizarre split on those rounds (played at the same time).

For my mid tee round I was 4 shots worse than last week's pretty solid outing. Those 4 shots (and then some) were mostly missed putts that were just oh so close. Especially painful was hole 1 (never birdied) and it chained out left on a 40' putt. Gah! Many shots off the basket / belt but very few that stuck. On a positive note was a 35' bird that I did stick on 18. That felt good.

My short tee round - OMG I was on fire. I beat my personal best by 5 shots!!! Drained quite a few long putts and managed to birdie 2 holes that I've never birdied before (only 2 to go). 1 was an absolutely parked tee shot the other was a nice 25' putt. Just an absolutely sweet round.

Status
Not open for further replies.