• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

Jeckyl and Hyde today big time.

On the positive side through 2 rounds I scored above average on my home course and I picked up birdies on 3 hole/tee combos that I've never birdied before.

Buuuut....my drivers were going everywhere. About 50% good or better, 25% workable, then 25% OMG WTF?!?!?! I just blew up on a few holes including a 7 on a par 4. I also managed to lose 3 discs. First time I've ever lost more than 1 in a day. 2 are in some brush that I should've been able to find em (and looked for a long time) and 1 is in Lake Ontario and may be saveable on a cleaner water day. The worst is that one of those was my 2nd ace disc. I'm definitely glad I retired my 1st ace disc...

Good putting always makes my rounds fun, no matter how bad my drives and approches are. There is something so cool about making long putts like it was nothing. Bonus : when your friends just look at you like you were an alian cause you just won't miss!
However, just in case you didn't know, be careful about jump putting within 10 meter (about 33 feet) as it is not permitted in the Rule Book.

Oh yeah i know of the rule. It was definitely over that; i have NO idea why i said 20+ feet - I only jump putt if its obvious that im far away enough. I wrote that post while being extremely tired.

Had a great time this morning. Randomly ran into another dgcr member from Utah at my home course today and threw a round with him. It was great fun. I really hope we can meet up again for rounds before he goes home.

Played Torch Lake DGC at Lake Linden today. First 9 was decent, second 9 was full of griplocks and horrific aim :doh: Going back in the morning to redeem myself with a better round :p

Throwing farther than ever, putting pretty damn well inside the circle, getting good park jobs. still not making the scores go down much. Consistency, consistency, consistency. Need it, need it, need it. Started -5 through 6 holes at Lakewood hills today and ended at even after getting 7 birdies. Same story with acorn. Just went on a tear through the front 9 for -6 and kicked myself in the nuts for the rest of the round. I stopped keeping track of my score because I was so furious. I'm just too damn hot/cold to be a good player yet. I need to figure out why I cannot be consistent.

Last edited:
met some new homies out on the course. threw more than one round in the same day today for the first time in forever. actually played 3 rounds. sunk a 75 foot flick with my putter around some trees. then 2 holes later i did a huge anny swing shot and hit chains from 100ft+ with my putter as well. felt good. stupid luck like that made me happy to stay with the game. i was about to sell all my discs.

however i didnt participate in a nonsanctioned tourny this week or an ace race next week so i can save money and buy some recording equipment for the songs ive been writing!! pretty stoked

We stopped by Patapsco to play a couple rounds on the way to Merriweather to see Phish. Played some pretty good golf but lost my favorite Sword in the thick stuff on 18. If any of you locals find a orange VIP Sword keep it and treat her right.

Went to my home course this morning and played meh. Was more concerned with picking up all the butts around the teepads and the other trash I was finding. Our park department does an absolutely amazing job at our course, but they can't be out 24/7 365. I really wish people would realize that cig butts are litter. Even when I smoked I took them out with me.

I went out and played for the first time in a while this morning. A lot going on in my personal life but now I'm just trying to get things back to normal. Played the Sartell MN course and was ok for not playing for about the last 2 weeks. Had some horrible drives but a few of my second shots where very nice recovery shots.

4 rounds in at 2 courses prepping for a tourney next weekend. Driving pretty well, approaches off a bit, putting was so-so. Ended up just about average for those courses. Meh.

Only good thing is I figured out a few better ways to play a few holes - so that helps.

Had my best round ever at -2 at my favorite local course, Oak Park. Its been a long time coming, but it felt good. And feels better to know that i see where i can improve that score. Switching to Trilogy has dramatically imoroved the quality of my disc selection, and ive done nothing but improve since. Shot selection and putting are on me though and ive got a long wwy to go.

Played 2 rounds at Plantation Heritage in Plantation Fl from the whites today. Had a -2 going through 15. Finished at par. 2'nd round was +3. Took a +2 yesterday.

That plus 2 rounds at par at Easterlin last weekend took my rating from 891 to 898:clap:

Closing in on 900:thmbup:

played Rollin' Ridge today..and every time a good shot came out of my hand, it would barely clip a tree and turn into something less that great. Felt like I threw well, and even with it being crazy windy, puttd like a champ.

The putting is just top notch lately. If I'm in the circle, I'm surprised when it doesn't go in. It's a damn nice feeling to have.

I decided to do something that I don't normally do: play for par. Shot -4 to win my league today at acorn. One bogey and two missed deuce putts.

i have to add that it increased the pressure on me tenfold. because now instead of parking all the holes i can and getting like 8 birdies but screwing up bad on some drives, all my drives were good and i had to make sure i landed inside of 20' or i likely would muff my putt. even 10 footers felt like 30 footers. it changes your perspective completely. i felt satisfied with my score but disappointed at the same time because i wanted more . . . but i know if i went for more i would have done worse. i dunno. it was different.

This weekend I played my 2 favorite courses (so far) on consecutive days, and I shot my personal best on both. +32 at Munson Park in Denison (for the Trilogy Challenge so it was with unfamiliar discs) and +9 at Audobon Park in Garland. Plus, on the longest hole at each course, where my previous best score was a 7, I got a 5 (par) on both. So, the last 2 days were pretty good.

Played the SFDGC Sunday weekly yesterday. It was a crazy safari layout, almost all temp tees, a couple temp baskets, lots of cross overs, but overall quite a bit shorter than the normal course layout. Got 3 birdies & 3 bogeys for my first ever even par round at any 18 hole disc golf course. Woohoo!

Played the Indiana state championship at Rogers Lakewood yesterday. The toughest course ive ever played. Just wow. I played poorly as usual and got my butt beat. oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.