• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hit a lot of trees at kenwood today, definitely hard to score from the rough at that place...

after throwing strictly backhand for 2 years straight, ive been incorporating some sidearm back into my game. i sidearmed everything since i was 12, quit cold turkey, and learned how to the throw the disc like a real man. now im finding it to take a ton of pressure off on a variety of shots, and i dont have to carry anything too understable.

anyways i played too aggressively today and ran everything, which resulted in a lot of bogies. sometimes you just gotta go for it though, even if its the wrong thing to do.

:eek: :eek: :D

Welcome (back) ......to the dock side

Eh... had a decent first round, threw multiple shots again, didn't keep score. Found an unmarked Star Wraith so that was awesome. Went out to see my fiance at the restaurant she works at and got a drink and a bite to eat, and when I got back to the course, the winds were gusting like a hurricane. Every putt, even from 10 feet or less sailed away about 30 some feet, it was so frustrating. Lost my Prodigy even though I snapped it perfectly it somehow disappeared and I couldn't find it even when I looked for a half hour. Found a Nate Doss Buzz with a name on it, so I got that back to the owner so that was nice but not the best day of golf :/

Played in a 100 hole unsanctioned tourney yesterday. Shot a +13 the first round (19 holes... Ouch), a +7 the 2nd round (30 holes... Still ouch), -1 the 3rd round (30 holes), and -1 the final round (21 holes). Didn't play that good but glad I improved as the day went, survived the 100 holes just fine, and wasn't DFL.

53 at my home course. Kinda lackluster. Putted decently and birdied the 18th which is always a nice feeling :D

I don't get it.

I sucked up my round big-time, then won our league distance contest with a 500' drive and won the putting contest For my division too. I can't put a good round together, but I can throw far and I putt well in practice.

At least I put some cash back in my pocket. Now if I could just do both of those things in one round.

Played at Lakewood Hills yesterday, two rounds. It may be a long time before I can get out for such a day again. School starts up tomorrow, and while I have been teaching for a while, it is my first day in an actual large school district. It is going to be hectic. Thankfully there are several courses within minutes of both my classrooms, but to get out and not care about time is going to be a luxury I will not have.

First round I carded a 57. It would have been better but I did not realize they put an OB line on the left side of Hole 7's fairway. I understand why, but I like going big and swinging it out left and crash back in right. I was in the perfect position to do so, but thanks to the OB line which I discovered after the fact, I was OB by three feet and had to come back over 100 feet down the fairway. I turned what would have been a long 3/ easy 4 into a circle 6. Otherwise, the rest of the round was simply taking care of business. I did not get as many birdies as I normally get, but Hole 7 was my only true mistake.

Second round we played best shot doubles and we carded a 55, for a three throw win. My partner had a monster long putt on Hole 4 but otherwise we took most of my shots. Our two big mistakes was both of us failing to get up the hill on Hole 16, which I normally make with ease, and both us missing a 15 foot putt to save par on Hole 18, which I normally birdie. It was another round of just getting it done without anything really flashy happening.

I did overshoot Hole 15's basket, an incredibly tight corridor where the basket sits 330 feet away. Normally I clobber a tree 75 to 150 feet out, giving me some work to do in order to save par, but this time I cleared everything and had given it a little too much in anticipation of hitting something. Unfortunately the back side is blocked with a row of shrubbery, giving us the only option of going over and hoping it sits down for a tap in par. I got to try out a turbo jump putt for placement and almost had it in, settling for a four foot putt for par.

If there was a highlight, it came from a different team. The headwind was definitely up and in an attempt to get around a tree on Hole 5, he flexed an anhyzer into the wind which in turn immediately knocked it down and turned it into a roller. Some how it curled back up the hill toward the basket and found the only stretch between the retaining wall rocks, a three foot gap at most. It rolled under the basket for a tap in birdie.

Last edited:
I just finished up a tournament yesterday and 3 out of the 4 rounds were some of my best rated ever in a tournament. I started the tournament with some players that were at the top of the next division up and by the time it was over they came up to me and said if I tightened up a few small things I would have matched them score wise on the round. Considering it was an 8 stroke difference in scores and nearly a 100 point difference in rating that made me feel pretty good about where I'm at and where my game is going. Ended up finishing tied for 4th, and only 4 strokes out of 1st. I'm probably only going to play in another 2-4 tournaments this year, so I'm going to practice a lot more with a lot more focus to try and bring my game up a level by the end of the season. Then it will be all about serious putting practice during the winter.

Played a round with Tyler Horne today at the Twilight Zone. Beat him down. 'course me and a partner played best shot against him throwing singles! He turned around and spanked all of us on the Pee Wee layout where we all played singles.

Had a great day today playing two different courses. I was even after one, which is great for me. Second one was a different story but I had a great time.

I had the best day disc golfing this past Sunday (was my birthday). I played Stafford Lake in Novato (my all time favorite course) with a couple good friends, hit three birdies (which is great for me) and threw the longest, most accurate bomb of my life from the alternate, top of the world tee on #6. I also birdied the same hole from the regular tee with a similar bomb (the two best shots of my life thrown back to back). Best day ever...

Played ok. Just a fun casual round. I may actually play for real one of these days. Or not. I don't really care enough, nor do I want to become one of the serious don't know what fun is crowd.

Played ok. Just a fun casual round. I may actually play for real one of these days. Or not. I don't really care enough, nor do I want to become one of the serious don't know what fun is crowd.

Your time will come, young padawan. Strong the darkside is, in this we call Disc Golf.

21 holes, outside of 2 birdies and some cool putter drives not an impressive round. Really need to start playing with better players. Planned an ace race in three weeks and first tourney in four weeks,,,,puuuuuuuuuuting practice.
G$

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts