• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My son and I went to the park yesterday and I got 15 holes in before playground time. 9 on oakland top, and 6 on the back. Did ok, I'm definitely inconsistent but comets and pds are still money. I was -2 on the top 9 and -1 after the 6 on the back. I'm obviously not going to be lighting it up anymore because I hardly play but I still have fun when I get out which is most important!

:thmbup:

Now that the snow has melted, and the mud dried out, things are looking up! Casual rounds are back, and so am I! Metal on 18 at Valmont with a LHFH Flick (that's the mold, not a redundancy!). Park job on eleven (299 feet per the sign), CTP at glow last night. Lots of OB, and two trips to the water with a retriever. I'll keep tuning up with a goal of hitting 7 under this Saturday at the Junkyard Shootout.

I played pretty badly for my first time out this year. Super windy, boots sank into the mud about 1-2" each step, and I yanked a disc over the road. Luckily I was by myself, the sun was shining, and I still had fun for the most part.

Finally got out, first rounds since Halloween weekend, man I was sick of winter... Got out to Highbridge and man it was beautiful! Lots of mushy areas and mud, but that was to be expected. Played 18 on Blueberry and 18 on Granite. Played decent for not playing for 4.5 months, used an all par 3 scoring system because I was lazy, got a 14 over on Blueberry, and a 21 over on Granite. Had the typical stupid throw that should've never been made, but I'm feeling extremely confident in my drives now and had a lot of nice ones. My highlights for the day were: only going double bogey on Blueberry's hole 8 (got a 7 when it's a par 5, didn't use it in my par 3 scoring but still), got par (for the course - 4) on that difficult hole 9 on Granite, and I almost aced hole 16 on Granite, as you will see in the picture. Overall awesome day, glad to get out there so early, I recommend anyone that can get out there soon to do it, just be prepared for some wet feet, it's worth it though :D

Attachments

• hh6.jpg
    hh6.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 14
  • hh5.jpg
    hh5.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 14
  • hh4.jpg
    hh4.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 12
More pics from Highbridge today

Attachments

• hh3.jpg
    hh3.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 8
  • hh2.jpg
    hh2.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 8
  • hh1.jpg
    hh1.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 8
New course, new friends, good times. Lost two discs. It was well worth it.

Hit the chastity belt off the tee on hole 1, first time playing with my new league. Shot a REALLY solid -5 and didn't lose any discs (better than can be said for half the league tonight with the river being so high)

Didn't drive all that well, but some of that was the wind. Putting was on point though...was almost automatic within the circle. Felt great!

Played my first round since busting my ankle at the end of January.

Not too good from a results pov, +5 on a course I usually do -2, but I played, and I didn't aggravate anything, so it was a success in that regard.

After implementing a new throwing form managed a -2 with 4 birdies and a bogey. Not great but with a completely different form not bad either.

It was almost 100F today! But had a good time out in So Cal. Played with some guys I used to play with back in the early 90s, haven't seen them in years. The Whittier Narrows course is rather difficult, I think I had a 7 over.

I played very solid golf... and was just 4 putts away from playing great, and setting a new course record from the Red tees on KMDGC!

But, unfortunately, those 4 putts didn't fall in. I totally airmailed one, but the other three were all obstructed so I really can't complain.

Maybe next time!

Not so great. Think I let the wind get the better of me by making rash decisions and loss of concentration.

Played the first tournament of the season yesterday. First season in the pro division. Missed cashing by one stroke. Got beaten up by the baskets the first round. Had four solid putts slip through the chains in the first round. One player asked if I he should call the police, cause I was getting straight up robbed. Made me laugh. Also...parked a 495 ft. hole...literally 2 inches from the pole. Had that aced...I might have had to retire from the sport.

I'm attributing it all to having warmer weather (less layers) and less snow (sneakers not boots)....but after a long string of turning in crappy rounds in winter league dubs, my partner and I killed it yesterday. Shot 8 down (9 birds, 1 bogie) to take the last week of winter dubs and beat my best score of the winter by 4 strokes. Now if only I can repeat that in 2 weeks at the year end.

I'm attributing it all to having warmer weather (less layers) and less snow (sneakers not boots)....but after a long string of turning in crappy rounds in winter league dubs, my partner and I killed it yesterday. Shot 8 down (9 birds, 1 bogie) to take the last week of winter dubs and beat my best score of the winter by 4 strokes. Now if only I can repeat that in 2 weeks at the year end.

Nice work, Timeetyo. Always feels better playing in fewer layers and 'sneakers'. Feel so much more nimble.

I just picked up a Neutron Envy yesterday and wanted to see how it flew so today was a putter only round. Had 15 - 20 mph winds the whole round, so even though the course was set shorter it was still a little tough. Finished at +2 for the round using just the Envy, and if I hadn't taken a 6 on the highest consequence (RHFH, RHBH turnover or LHBH Hyzer are only options, and if you hyzer out [RHBH] you're head 150ft downhill toward a river) I'd have been under par. Overall, the Envy just earned its spot in my bag for stable/overstable shots and approaches out to 275'.

How about this weather? In Charlotte anyway...

I played my first EVER even round. Was 3 down at one point, then followed that up with several stupid bogies. Finished on hole 18 with a nice putt for bird.

All of this was at Bailey, which is a short/easier course, but still a good milestone for my golf game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts