• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Day

Good day. I shot a round each at Beaver Island and Como Lake. I hit 110 combined. SSE is 104.7, so I am happy. I've only been back in the game for 3 months, so I am happy the way my game has come back.

I've broken in my Vibram Lace right into that sweet spot and am starting to get some good results from it.

Played like poo. Bagged a new course Friends of Punderson while up by Cleveland. What a tough course. My upshots were good. I did par and have a look at birdie on 15 but 25 ft putt bounced off the top.

Played West Park in Joliet today. Was testing some drivers, so my round could have been better. However, I aced Hole 16! Made my week! My only other ace came 13 yrs ago. I'm just starting back up after a ten year hiatus, and this was quite the welcome back for me!!

Played West Park in Joliet today. Was testing some drivers, so my round could have been better. However, I aced Hole 16! Made my week! My only other ace came 13 yrs ago. I'm just starting back up after a ten year hiatus, and this was quite the welcome back for me!!

Awesome! I still have yet to ace, although I've hit chains once. Welcome back to the sport!

Shot one over par for my lowest score ever of 55. Did this while taking a circle 7 on one hole

Very happy today. Shot 2 under par 52 at Como Lake Park from the whites. Missed some easy putts but made some difficult ones so it balanced out.

Another very subpar round. This season, so far, has been the worst disc I've played since I first started. I've even been putting in the time on the practice basket and in the field. I don't know... Distance is down, putting is inconsistent, my scoring hasn't improved despite adding a good forehand, up shots are off... Frustrating.

2 rounds today at my home course. From the mid tees I played an above average round, 2 off my best. Very solid.

From the longs though - I managed to put up a new personal best by 1 stroke and end under par for the first time. Felt awesome. Some highlights: Snagged a fairly rare deuce on 7 with a perfectly threaded drive an drop in. Hole 6 was great...and almost awesome. Its a par 5 with a huge OB section in the middle (and along left). Usually from the longs I have to drive, layup before the lake, then go for the pin....and miss a putt. I've 5'd this many times, never 4'd from the longs. Managed to crush my drive and leave it in a good spot to try and clear the lake in 2 without laying up. Figured it was the best i've ever driven so it was worth it....and WOW....in bounds by 2". Whew. So now I've got a flick approach and put it off the cage, off chains....and it fell out. GAH. Bittersweet. The drop in 4 was still my best ever score for that hole.....but if it didn't chain out that would have been an eagle. Oh well. So close.

Best weekend weather of the year. Absolutely gorgeous! Got sick as the proverbial canine on Friday and been in bed ever since. Just shoot me.

Agree on the weather. Went to my favorite course (Lincoln Ridge) and threw a personal best (bogey-free, 8 deuces). Can't think of more than one better way to spend a Sunday afternoon! :p

I had one of these moments today.
Giving two newbs some tips on how to throw, I pointed to the closest basket, about 150' away, said I'd try to show them how to do it. My throw hit center chains and sat in the basket. :thmbup:

Scored 55 both rounds at Chili DGC today. A few mistakes but overall good play. Spring is here and it's only going to get better!

Played four courses with my dad and niece Saturday. She hit 6 pars in all playing from the short tees. I struggled to keep up with her on her first disc golf experience. I did make a few birdies and some of the longest tee shots I've ever made.

My dad and I both lost a Leopard at North Asheboro. He uses my discs and I am now out of Leopards :doh:.

Played Barber and North Asheboro again yesterday. I noticed I was +8 on the open holes at Barber and even on the wooded ones. At North Asheboro, I was -1 on the wooded holes and +7 on the open holes. While the open holes were generally longer, I think there is something psychological happening for me when there are no trees.

Riggs Park, 4 over the first 9, 3 over the second 9. Talked to a park employee that had some discs for sale cheap and talked to another lady about disc golf. Only one on the course, lots of throws and putting practice. Weather was nice with typical Kansas wind. Pretty good day.

Well, it wasn't today but it was this past weekend. My wife and I hooked up with Old Bassman and Jim Ferrara for a round at Mt. Airy. My wife and I, being relative newbies (8 months) were nervous about playing with more experienced players. We really didn't learn until a couple of holes into the round we were playing with a Pro (Jim) and OB (Who is pro caliber in my book) and Steve from Texas who is an 850+ player. I can't say enough of how considerate and friendly they were of us newbies. This is a wonderful sport, made better with high class people like Steve, Jim, and OB.

Status
Not open for further replies.