• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Four dueces in a row. Many more, on a heavily wooded course I usually throw only a couple in a round.
New long drives on two holes as well.
The only problem is when its this easy I'm not motivated to come back. :(

I sandwiched five over in between holes 8-12 at Borderland whites, but I was even after the first 7 (bogey 3, birdied 6) and even the last 6 (bogey 15, 55 ft. jump putt on the fast green at 16) to finish five up.

Sounds like I'm ready to crush rec at the tourneys I have coming up...:(

Absolutely awesome. 2 rounds (white & blue) at shore winds blue - and beat my personal best by each. Managed to snag birdies on 2 holes I've never hit. One was off a reasonable drive but canned a nice 35' putt. The other was on 18. 560' par 4 from the white. Wide open but the pin is on a large mound. I'm normally down on the right putting up and praying for the best but haven't stuck it. Last time I was here I doinked my approach off the top of the mound....kicked up....rolled 40' away. Today I had a solid drive and then absolutely parked a laserbeam teebird shot right up top for an easy putt and birdie 3.

Overall pretty solid driving day. Missed 1 putt I regret. Made 4 from the edge of the circle....so great putting day overall.

Tore it up at Vollrath leagues. Birdied the last three holes to win Ams by 1, and -10 was the best score on the day, including Open. Nice, real nice.

Had a couple sh!t storm holes but also hit some longer putts. Putting is my weakness (probably the worst weakness to have) so hitting 20-25 footers consistently for me is a good day. All in all I ended up shooting par at 57. Played mostly B holes at Crane Hill up until the last 5 or 6 holes where I play some shorter A holes due to day light

Played scrappy today compared to yesterday. Was crushing drives I usually miss yesterday, not so much today. Caught the flu or something and it has knocked my energy way back which sucks since the wind calmed down today.

Had a fairly good day--was the first time throwing after having major abdominal surgery 12 days ago. My distance was challenged but I played a very control game (only two putts were from more than 15 ft.). No bogies and one birdie (1 under) at Plantation Ruins, which in tournament play would be about a 930 rated round.

Pretty well today. Posted a personal second best at my home course. Hit my lines and avoided trouble on two holes that usually hurt my round. Plus hit a 50' birdie putt on 16. :thmbup:

Dubs league tonight and played excellent partner golf. Only a few mistakes. Nailed some nice shots and managed to win. Sweet!

After a few days in a row of excellent golf, it all came crashing down. Spraying drives everywhere, no idea what happened. Ugh. For perspective, 2 days ago I shot -3. Today...started with a double bogie and it didn't get better for a long time. I was at +10 after 13 before it slightly turned around and I snagged 3 birdies and the rest par from 14 through 18. Ended at +7....10 strokes worse than 2 days ago. Argh.

Never left the fairway on my home course yesterday. That is a definite first on any course for me. I enjoyed not being in the weeds and woods for a change.

Argh. Another 2 rounds at my home course that were below average. Argh. Some silly mistakes costing me strokes and putting was a bit off as well. A few positives - just missed an ace (got the 2) and then on a par 5 put my thunderbird off the top of the basket on what would have been a huge eagle. Stupid thing skipped 35' off and I missed the putt and ended up with a par. GAH.

Also on 18 which I've never birdied from the blues I had 2 very nice drives leaving me at 40' out with an elevated tee. I figured I'd go for it since I've never hit the 3 on it and thought I had it. Center cage, 1" low. So close. That would have been a highlight to end the round.

Got in about 20 minutes of rainy putting practice taking a break on the road.. My DGA Mach Lite is eating up my stack of soft and medium Bt Harps. Perhaps more so than when pro-d magnets were my staple stack. ( no issues 'premium' plastic really, but I like them a bit scratchy )
.... Thinking about a portable basket DIY project.. Maybe like a Bullseye with a heavy nylon rope outer ring.
Love my Machlite, I deploy and return it to garrison in the back of my van with speed and grace. I should film this efficient and descisive display of highly functional motionry.

^^^ Rain, in Iowa, played Dubuque Vets Memorial Park. Just happy to get out despite the rain after 8+ of financial statement analysis classroom training. Didn't keep score, just enoyed the fresh air.

Did pretty solid, personal best -8 at at Oregon Park. Good day overall, could have been s bit sharper, but the putting was good.

Really digging my Harps, they are killing it for approaches and short drives.

Warmed up great for a casual round, then the thunder rolled * light rain started. Wait it out? Nope, got heavier & heavier, so had to bail. Oh well. Tourney tomorrow!

Beyond satisfactory. My score wasn't great but that's not what mattered to me. Got out to Highbridge and played two full rounds on Blueberry. First round didn't keep score, second shot a 64. Not a great final score by any means but MAAAAN did I still play that course the best I ever have.

The first nine I threw even, a birdie on 1, bogey on 4 (and only cause of a stupid missed putt, I had a beautiful anhyzer drive, and a sweet laser approach), and the best part of it all is I parred that monster number 8 for the first time ever! So stoked!!!!

Even though my back nine fell apart, I was so pumped to par 13, had a great needle-thread drive to the bottom of the hill, played aggressively and shot blindly over that big pond, and parked it for a 3.

Epic day, can't wait to play again next weekend at Highbridge!!!

2 rounds today to practice for a tourney next week. Personal best on this course was a 55 and was hoping to shoot around a 57. First round I had a few mistakes but cashed in on a decent amount of birdies as well and ended at 55. Sweet.

The second round....wow. Bogie free (not often I get to say that). Managed to cash in on most of the birdie holes and a few I didn't get. Put an ace run off the basket on #3. Then on #6 (a 637' par 4) on my second shot I skipped and went off basket again. Not that I'll complain about a drop in birdie on that one, but to almost skip in a ~275' fairway shot. So close. I also am starting to get closer on a few that are typically out of range and had some long looks that I didn't cash in on...but still nice to have a clean 40' option instead of laying up from 80. Ended up with a new personal best 52 and my highest ever scorebook rated round (1010). If only those 2 off the cage went in. :)

Now to hope to repeat that next saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts