• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I return from not playing for three years in November and today was the first truly nice day, 70 near Chicago. Wow temperature and air affect distance made for a great round even if I didn't score superbly

After several months off due to the winter season, today was my first day back out there! Played Freedom Park in Canton, MI since I have moved from the UP. Needless to say, I definitely sucked. I did get a birdie on hole 5. Was only five or so feet away from the basket for an ace. Shanked two or three drives into the woods for a couple double bogeys along the way. Oh well...it just feels SO GOOD to be back!

Played Winstrom Preserve in Holland today for the first time. Heard bad things about the course, (unkept, overgrown) well I'm sure winter played a role but it seemed fine to me. Looks like work is being done to clean things up. I shot well, mostly pars and a few birdies thanks to shots that amazingly missed trees. I recommend it for some fast pace golfing fun. Only complaint I had was the tees were not very well marked. Hopefully this will change by spring.

Played a round with 3 random guys on a wide open course while visiting Denver. -1 with only 2 brand new discs -- Destiny and Pure. Great way to end the day with a quintessential Dg round.

Played the valley and played pretty well. Made some good putts, mostly from the circle's edge. Had some deuces that are what you'd normally consider a bonus bird. Missed a couple easy ones. All in all, it was great. No jacket necessary in March? Heck yeah...

I hope you guys at least had fun.

I always have fun at Iron Hill. That is one course that always shows me what part of my game I need work on the most. And last Sunday showed me that my entire game needs a major overhaul. By the middle of the round I couldn't get off the tee to save my life. I felt like I was hitting every tree in the park. I want my revenge!!

I missed out on the registration for this weekend's tournament. Have fun Jimmy.

I got to play NorthRidge Church in Plymouth, MI for the first time this evening. I got one stroke over my personal best on the 18-hole course. I was able to get five pars too, which is another personal best for myself. I could have had more, if I executed my mid-range shots more properly. This is only my second time playing this season, so I'm still getting back into the swing of things. Looking forward to playing more courses in the metro Detroit area!

Got a couple in before dark. Big bombs with my FR lace, near ace with a jo rock, and been using a voodoo a bit with great results.

Took four discs out to the home course: Prodigy PA4, M3, F3, H4. Shot +5, which was stunningly good considering these were discs I almost never use and were the only four discs I had.

Hmmm....

-3 and 0 scores. First round started off hot, back to back birdies, including a pole hit off the tee that didn't skip anywhere. Sadly, failed to maintain momentum, I think missing a shorty for birdie on #5 really hurt, could've still gotten back into the groove making that one. Was feeling confident with my comebacks for par at least, so could try and run those birdies more aggressively. Double-skip off the island and into OB kinda sealed the fate of the round as far as PBs were concerned.

Second round could not find a birdie until #7, but managed to sneak in a couple of more soon after as well as a solid par save. Made the island, barely inbounds, but the putt was length-wise along the island, not a death putt, sunk that one. But with no PB on the cards and day's "championship" over my friend in the bag, lost focus on the final hole to drop to even par.

Biggest plus was getting drop-ins on a hole throwing my Legend Hunter off the tee both rounds. I really don't throw putters much at all, since my backhand is by far the weaker side and haven't even dared to try crank them with my forehand OAT. Disc took a slightly different route both rounds, but the spots where it landed were probably less than five inches away from one another :hfive: .

I played Cass Benton in Northville, MI for the first time this morning. My score would say that I played horrendous, but I felt confident after playing that round. Course is heavily wooded and extremely hilly, and I was able to manage four pars on the 18-hole course. This is average for me. I shanked a couple discs into the woods, but that's normal. Maybe an amazing 10 to 15 foot putt behind a tree on hole 14. I started playing more with my new Vibram X-Link Lace, and I enjoy playing with that specific disc on the wooded holes. When the disc did hit a tree, it didn't go nearly as far as some of my other plastics. The bonus of throwing rubber, I guess! :)

Played Oakboro for the first time in a long time and threw even par from the short Tees. That's about my average for the course so I was pretty happy. Couldn't a have asked for any better weather either... about 70*, sunny and a light breeze.:cool:

Had a great day at the valley. Mobbed it up with 7 others the first round and then had a regular 4some for round two.

Also met the most colossal cunt I've ever seen in my life, but we didn't let him spoil our round. :DToo nice for that crap.

Tried to talk myself into getting some much needed yard work done after my morning round at Oakboro but just couldn't get into it. This weather is much too nice to waste the day mowing grass, pulling weeds and trimming bushes so I ducked out for another quick round at Mint Hill.

This must have been "par day" because like Oakboro I threw another par round at Mint Hill. Which is actually a little disappointing because IMO the course is over rated (most holes listed as par 4s when I think they should be 3s) and I generally throw -4 or better on this course. Maybe I was warn out from thinking about all the yard work I should have been doing. ;) If we get many more weekends like this my yard is going to look like heck. But on the bright side maybe my DG game will improve. ;)

Played Verdugo Hills and just couldn't do work with my drives like I normally do. Played solid overall and finished -3 but left a ton of strokes out there for sure.

Did a couple of test rounds, didn't do so well TBH. First round, only threw my SR Outlaw off the tee, wanted to see how flippy it actually has become, answer being helluva flippy, I'd probably trust a Patriot at this point to go straighter more often my with forehand than the Outlaw. Snuck a birdie on the first hole with a wormburner that kept skipping off the hard snow and parked it, but after that it was mostly downhill. Of course, throwing no less than five OH shots probably contributed, man, I just can't get OHs to go anywhere in terms of distance and at times direction. Did manage to card a couple of birdies on holes I've been struggling, but failed on easier holes due to its flippiness. If it starts going left at all, it'll go left all the way, nary flatten or having any fade. Hasn't lost any of its glide, likely goes the furthest of all my Outlaws, if only it would do that while going straighter.

Second round, only threw my Ghosts off the tee. Should've done more backhand early, maybe wouldn't have gone +3 over first three holes, never really recovered from the bad start. Backhand was working reasonably well, given it's my weaker side and mids can't seem to get a handle on. Did get past a mando which was shocking and then parked another hole, while getting a birdie look on #17. Did worse than last time I threw only Ghosts off the tee, but that +3 for first three holes kinda played a big part, I think I was one under or even par last time after three.

Good day! Put a new course--and a new state!--on the course tracker. Also had an ace run bounce off the cage...quite exciting. Looking forward to more new courses and a new state in the next few days!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts