• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played 9, shot 1 over. Had a breakdown hole at number 5, resulting in a double boyey, then a bogey on 6. Had two nice birds though and played with my wife so its all good.

Played like crap at Rock Spring today. Except for this drive and the drive on 13, which was parked as well.

Attachments

• WP_20160415_10_21_54_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160415_10_21_54_Pro.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 17
  • WP_20160415_10_21_05_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160415_10_21_05_Pro.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 17
  • WP_20160415_10_23_41_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160415_10_23_41_Pro.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 16
i had an extremely fun day yesterday, and i'm about to again.

i threw pretty poorly at oakwood, finishing with a 55 which isn't so bad when you consider i took three 4s, a 5 and a 6 (!!!!). aside from the two major mishaps, i was doing okay and really knocking down the birds when i could.

at kaposia, i didn't really keep score. just threw with some friends and did pretty alright.

gonna take it to the valley today and bask in this glorious sun!

I dunno wtf is going on with my throwing but I seem to be slamming my elbow open painfully a lot, and also really snapping my middle finger off release to the point where I've bruised the tip of it. It's very tender.

HOWEVER.

Even when you're having a frustrating round out here in the wind, shots like this make it worthwhile. Hole 16 at the valley.

IMAG1031_zpszxtwq7zx.jpg

Summer layouts are beginning to pop up, even though a couple of the teepads were still covered in snow/ice, other sixteen were solid. There is still water to be found in quite a few places, so actually had to hit the stores to grab some new shoes prior to the round, having noticed a tiny cut in my previous shoes after yesterday's dog-walking trip.

Having thrown most of the winter standstill, need to re-work my timing back to throwing at speed, windy conditions weren't all that helpful either, found some extra OBs that I wasn't anticipating. No birdies on the first round, but solid putting otherwise. One stupid hole gave a center chains chain-out both rounds, however, managed to scrounge up a couple of birdies, one 15-footer, the other 50-footer on the second round, which also saw two nasty rollaways from perfect teeshot positions to far less than desirable spots amidst trees. And the weather which started off sunny but warm, went cloudy and rainy toward the end of round one, we almost didn't continue for round two, but rain let up.

Really need to start seeing other courses crack open their summer layouts, this one was BUSY already this early in the "summer" (spring still really).

I have played two courses this weekend so far that I haven't played yet. On Friday, I played Rolling Hills County Park in Ypsilanti, MI. My score would have definitely said I sucked, but I was happy with the two pars and a birdie I shot. It was a beautiful course, and I have been pleasantly surprised in myself how much I have improved with my mid-range and putting shots! Now, if only I could do better with my driver shots... I played with my boyfriend's Discraft Surge SS, and I fell in love with overstable drivers. I thought the Surge was too overstable for my shot, but I bought a Mantis instead.

Yesterday, I played Stony Creek's Buckhorn South course for the first time. Only got one par, and I left with a sour taste in my mouth since I lost one of my favorite discs that the boyfriend bought me for Christmas this past year (Vibram Lace). I had a great time, nevertheless, though. My putts and a majority of my mid-range shots were spectacular!

63 from long tees at Harry Myers. My previous best was 69. Didn't worry much about distance, just hitting my lines and staying clean. Makes a world of difference.

I had a rough time. Back was really sore, but got out for 2 at the valley. I had 4-5 putts that should have been in jump back out or cut through, which was amazing. I am not putting any differently, not super hard. Just one of those days. My putts were almost all on target and I don't consider myself to have missed any that I shouldn't have - spitouts and bounces happen.

Highlights of the day included parking 16 again, somehow I've got that one dialed in, as well as 15 on a big sky turnover with a beat dx gazelle.

Unfortunately that was the difference between a 51 and a 56. I can't complain about a 56, given the wind, but at the same time I can...

Great weekend of disc! 70's and sunny! Played with a group of guys from MN Friday on Woodland at Highbridge. Didnt keep score just had fun.

Then Saturday morning, I played a round on Blueberry, hit the pole on hole 1 off the tee using my pink Truth, scored +4 using posted pars, getting closer to that even par on that course!

Then went with my wife to Sandy Point and played all 27 holes, short positions. Hit the damn cage on hole 21 off the tee with my Truth again! If I ever get an ace in my lifetime, it's looking like it'll be that disc haha. Shot 6 over using all par 3's, which I am very happy with at that course.

My wife is starting to get her form down too, I had her watch Will Schusterick's driving tips video, and like me, it really helped, she made tons of pars and almost had a two on one hole.

Also got a nice Prodigy sticker for my truck, I love dg stickers :) what an awesome weekend

Absolutely perfect day for frisbees yesterday. Played decent in a tournament. 5th out of 27 in Int, shot 908/921. Just didn't FEEL good, though. Old, crappy baskets with rusty chains are not conducive to my flat putting style. 8 full on center chain hit spit-outs over two rounds. I may possibly be putting too hard these days...I dunno.

Perfect weather, imperfect throwing. Played Angry Squirrel at Albion. Double circle 8 on 990' hole, and missed 4 or 5 really short putts first round. Then 6 OBs second round. Closer to last than first. Albion is a punishing course if you don't avoid the water/other OBs.

Played decent all day.

84 from token longs to white, including 2 great par saves. One from 70 or so and one from about 140.

Then 77 from shorts. Just couldn't putt the second round. Too tired and hungry I think.

Played 27 holes at a new (to me) course, walked in about 6 inches of water. Does not help having soggy shoes and feet. Only two tee shots were memorable. I feel I can play that course a lot better. Looking to practice and play there again.

I met one Mr. Randy French of Portlandia randomly today on the course and showed him around. I don't play so well when I'm being such a Chatty Cathy , but I was able to potentially pass some of my local course knowledge to a visitor. :thmbup:

Second place again in league doubles!! So pumped. Was tied for 1st, but we both missed a 12 footer (doh!) to keep the playoff going, while the opposing team made a sick 40 foot jumper.

Props to my teamate who held me up through an 8 hole slump mid round, not sure what happened, but we both at least made great recoveries from any of our bad shots. Not one bogey from either of us. Started off strong with a near ace, and finished strong with a 10 foot away park and putt for bird. Great night!

Finally a good weekend of golf. Two rounds over 900, and a solid mid 800 rated round. Progress!

Practice putting 10x more than I had been and the results are clear. More confidence, more makes

Status
Not open for further replies.