• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
AHHHHAHAHA! I played like SLUFF! First night of a new League in some nasty, cold rain. Did not properly waterproof or insulate and forgot my rainfly at the office. Bad combo. Still had a great time and met some good people, but I shot a +14. FOURTEEN! That's the worst round I've thrown in over a year. At least I wasn't DFL. :D Rough time with the grip in the trees, though. A cardmate kept thanking me for showing him every line NOT to take so he can avoid trees. Oh well, next week, I'll just have to crush it all the more. Coming from a +14 and getting back to Even (which is pretty easy on this course) would still bring me way up the line and get a little respect back. Still got a CTP win, though.

Lowlight; 20' putt catches the front of the cage and rolls 30' down the SLIGHTEST GRADED HILL EVER and goes OB. We just stood there laughing. It was unbelievable. Missed my comebacker, too. It sucked to take a 5 instead of the 2, but we just laughed. Good people and good attitudes make rounds so much better!

Distance is improving (+60 feet to last year's throws both rounds on the latter par-4), even found OB-long with my backhand on one hole, close on another, scores are going down too, started the summer layout at +7 on this course, now on the third visit, down to +2, with my alltime best being -1.

Downside is that summer is coming, which means the casual hordes. Two rounds that normally take 2.5 hours took 4.5h today :gross: .

I decided to play a round by myself today, since I have not done that in awhile. Chose Bassett Creek. Decided to be backpack man, travelled light, 8 discs, grabbed things that I thought could use some more beating in, besides my Aviar which goes everywhere I do, unless cones are involved hahaha. Bagged Star Aviar, Big Z Buzzz, Champion Leopard3, Champion TeeBird, Champion Beast, Champion Beast-X, Big Z Crank, and Z Crank. Apparently, being alone is really good for my game haha. Deuced 1, 2, 6, 7, 10, 13 and 15. Hit the pole about a foot below the cage on 10 with the Z Crank on a forehand bomb haha, I was really excited on that one. Also, it is a sign that the Z Crank is finally starting to soften up. Only blemish was a 4 on hole 14 thanks to a terrible second shot that got hung up on the big dirt/rock mountain that now blocks the road, had to fight hard for that 4 hahahaha. I finished with a 39, which was really good considering the unseasoned discs and shifty wind. A few strokes below what I typically get. Long story short, I think I need to play alone more often hahahaha.

Day of black and white, awesome drives, while upshots were mostly "holy crap, not there!". On the way back, counted eight best-ever drives for that course, including a best-ever on #3 on the first round, only to somehow top it on the second round, as well as another metal hit off the tee (but of course not going in). #17 I've never even been circle's edge short, today, I was outside the circle long :eek: , not problems I'm used to having.

Despite two best-ever drives, a good one and an okay one (though still on the fairway), I was +3 after four holes on the first round, upshots were just hideous. Putter was working on and off, did manage to play holes 5 and 6 one under both, #5 in particular has a death-putt pretty much from all directions, as shown by my friend hitting the front rim and somehow rolling behind the basket 40+ feet.

Overall I think the feeling was positive, unusual to step to any teeshot and feel like, yep, I got this, even on a course as wooded as the one we played. Sadly, stepping up to any upshot, the feeling wasn't the same :doh: .

Played a new course, Sugar Camp, had fun, played with a friend, shot +1 and +3. The wind was killing me, I was making bad decisions in 30 mph+ gusts.

Then went down to Almon Park and threw two rounds there, shot even and -2. Putting was really clicking and helped me alot in that last round despite having a double bogey and single bogeys.

All together 72 baskets played today, no complaining about that :)

Got up early and traveled an hour away to a course I thought was having a league event only to realize it's actually next weekend. I felt dumb. Still, the course was a nice change of scenery and much more tranquil than the one I normally throw. Most of the day was spent pitting what already works for each specific hole against an A1 that's still pretty new to my bag. Learning the secrets of an unfamiliar disc is always so entertaining.

Didn't play today...did some preliminary planning and surveying of a park property on which sits 28 largely unplayable and unplayed, professionally, but piss poorly designed and more crappily constructed holes and talked to park management about fixing it to make a good 18 hole layout.

Played awful after weeks off. Only redemption was a drained fifty footer for a duece on a hole I hit rarely. Of course, the place was packed, but nobody saw my nice shot. Typical.
Took me about 24 holes on two different courses to warm up, but then, for 3 holes, I was el fuego.

Bagged four new courses, throwing ninety holes. I'd say I enjoyed the pitch & putt opportunities with fifty deuces! Well, somebody's gotta play em all...

Had the best score in the group, but won zero skins. Twice I missed putts in the circle for 5+ skins. youch. Still had a blast though.

Garbage. Even drives that were working yesterday, were gone, apart from maybe three teeshots, one of which did go into the best-ever category, running the semi-island green and making it. Upshots continued their horrible touch, while putting from 15ft was a 50-50, still soft and center, anything else is coming out. Like #12 on the first round, putting for birdie from about 20ft, card a double bogey after a branch + rollaway. Did keep the birdie streak alive, guess that's something. Improved forehand distance seems to have affected backhand distance and shots in general.

I played a quick round today pn the brand new Holmenkollen discgolfpark. I scored mostly bogeys, even threw a Teebird into the lake. Oh well

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Played at quick round at one of the course I have played a lot at (Young's Run), rather uneventful round besides the fact I got my second ever ACE, on hole 13. It might of only been 108 ft. but an Ace is an ace in my book. Shot -4 overall

Played doubles round and a second nine after.

Doubles round. First nine I was on fire. Putting with a replacement putter I was hitting everything I set my eye on. Second nine got into trouble. My partner is new to the sport and the back nine is a little tougher.

Nine holes after I met up with the guy and worked on a few things with him. 50 feet added to his drive and better percentage of hitting the fairway.

All and all not a bad day I would say.

Played my home course (Pier Park) this morning. Stuck at +4, which has been my score at this course for the last 9 months. I don't make the same errors each time so I just need to work on overall consistency. Had some great putts, mids and drives but only one birdie. I know I'm getting better but to be stuck at literally the same score for this long is very frustrating.

Played my best round ever today! 8 pars, 2 double bogeys, and the rest bogeys. 12 over! Putted well; practicing with my basket in the backyard has made a huge improvement in my confidence and putting form. Some good drives, some bad, but good upshots to get out of trouble, including one tomahawk from about 50 feet through the trees that I parked 4 feet from the basket for an easy par putt. Great day!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts