• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

so then Climo says...

Violets caddy

Double Eagle Member
Paul Ulibarri asked a question on Facebook regarding Climo winning 9 straight worlds and what exactly made him better than the competition. After several responses basically saying his competition wasn't very good and that's why he won Climo chimed in with this:

"I'd like to see all of those aforementioned STARS of today deal with a 30 MPH headwind while having to throw an understable stratus or cobra type disc. I've still got a 1037 rating am I dead and gone now PFFFFFT. The thing that has changed the most is the ridiculous course designs we see these days with O.B. everywhere. The game should be about making shots not being worried about barely missing them. We had plenty of GREAT players in my STREAK era. How many A tier, NT , Majors has Mr. DOSS won in total? Less than 15 I'll bet and all you newbies think he is better than sliced bread.. HAHA"

Personally I found the ego and slamming of doss to be great :D
Just wondering what every else's opinions on the subject were?

haha i read that too and thought it was awesome that climo chimed in. he deserves to be seen as a legend. i still would rather meet him any time over any other pro out there today.not sayin the pros today arent **** but lets face it, half the people that play now dont even know who climo,ron russell,schultz,wisecup,headrick, greenwell, or any players before 2004 pretty much. its sad but it is what it is. i dont see anyone coming close to climos track record anytime soon .

Last edited:
I hate that athletes always praise their competition when we know Damn well they see them as inferior. It's refreshing to see some honesty.

Climo would still be known as a god to the younger generation if only he had a cartoon doppelganger like Doss...:)

Climo is a one time DG'er and no one will ever and could ever do what he has done for DG....he is like the "egg mcmuffin of disc golf." I would love to get my 8x Rocs signed and take a picture with him and my two sons...it's on the bucket list of things to do..

F the egg Mcmuffin; Climo is the Michael Jordan of disc golf. I think a lot of the new generation of DG'ers don't realize how much harder it was to be that good back then. Not that he's lost his edge or anything. I still think he's the best.

But, yeah, there's a lot of "novelty" and asinine course layout anymore.

Interesting that his home course (Cliff Stephens) features a ton of OB. I think he likes that course.

F the egg Mcmuffin; Climo is the Michael Jordan of disc golf. I think a lot of the new generation of DG'ers don't realize how much harder it was to be that good back then. Not that he's lost his edge or anything. I still think he's the best.

But, yeah, there's a lot of "novelty" and asinine course layout anymore.

I agree with your comparison of Climo to Jordan but i was trying to be funny..I know this is a very touchy subject for some and I wanted to lighten the mood a bit...:doh:

Climo says "I always leave my upshots on the uphill side of the basket" (or maybe it was up-wind). And Brian McRee (I think it was) said "If I was good enough to choose what side of the basket to land on, I would chose to leave my upshots under the basket."

Unfortunately you have to be a lot better than that to be able to put them under the basket every time. Picking a side to land on is a lot easier than actually placing it inside a 10ft circle :)

I hate that people always compare Ken Climo to God.

I mean, he's awesome and everything, but...he's no Ken Climo.

I personally think there is a point to what ulliberri is sayin. The game has got harder and there is a much larger player field then back then. Not trying to take away from what he did but he acts like there is a big diff between throwing a cobra 350ft down a tiny gap and throwing a 500ft bomb with O.B. on both sides. It is really apples and oranges,but just as we seen in ball golf, the more players u introduce to the sport u get a better possibility for more of a competitive playing field. Which makes it tougher to dominate.
I think my respect fo klimo comes from the fact that he adapted to the "new era" of disc golf. He has skills and thats why he is still hella good.

picture.php

Still haven't washed that hand ... :D