• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

SoCal DGCR Meet-Up

How confident are you in attending?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Skyline has camping but it's kinda limited....
I've sent out an email to find out the full story on camping there. :D

Skyline is enjoyable, hard, but enjoyable. If we are able to get ahold of the right people we might be able to get to play Napa's secret course, The Arm Farm. I met people that will be able to get us in when I was playing the Vintage Cup this year. I'll try to get ahold of them at the next Vintage Cup if we decide that we are going to do this trip there.

This sounds like much fun and I'd love to be there, though I've not played any tourney's. I think the addition of a night roung should also be explored.:thmbup::popcorn:

Just a warning - if you want a friendly, casual round with buddies Stafford may not be a great option. You hike a mountain and it takes HOURS. Also there's not really anything close to it course-wise. It's a good hour out of SF (and 45 min from Skyline I believe).

I know I suggested Santa Cruz (read: DeLa) which takes hours, but DeLa is more fun IMO.

Either way if I'm free that weekend count me in - I'll go where there's a crowd :)

This sounds like much fun and I'd love to be there, though I've not played any tourney's. I think the addition of a night roung should also be explored.:thmbup::popcorn:

This isn't really going to be a tourney.... more just a meet up centered around disc golf, beer, and debauchery. Although we could organize a super informal tourney type scenario.

It will be about fun, nothing else!

Just a warning - if you want a friendly, casual round with buddies Stafford may not be a great option. You hike a mountain and it takes HOURS. Also there's not really anything close to it course-wise. It's a good hour out of SF (and 45 min from Skyline I believe).

I know I suggested Santa Cruz (read: DeLa) which takes hours, but DeLa is more fun IMO.

Either way if I'm free that weekend count me in - I'll go where there's a crowd :)

Sweet, thanks for your enthusiasm! :hfive:

This isn't really going to be a tourney.... more just a meet up centered around disc golf, beer, and debauchery. Although we could organize a super informal tourney type scenario.

It will be about fun, nothing else!

Heck yeah! I am glad we are on the same page. :hfive:

I am from NORCAL and my parent are from SOCAL and I KNOW how big cali truly is. I am watching this thread to see if my dad and I can make it (he is still in NORCAL) somewhere decent to get to and epic to throw at (its 18 hours to humboldt and 22 or so to SLO area)......

Cali meetup or splitup?

What say you?

In my opinion, I think doing one in NorCal and another in SoCal would be ideal. Two meetups is a chance to get to meet more people who are not make it to one or the other. Which would further build acquaintences and friendships. Also, you would be playing more courses that you may or may not be used to playing.

didn't seem too decided to me. Hence the poll. Either way, I'm cool. I didn't vote...

Latest posts