• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

SoCal DGCR Meet-Up

How confident are you in attending?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If everything works out and when we do meet up I think we should have some kind of tourney. Maybe just 1 round and then we could have a trophy that must be brought to the next meeting and passed on and so on.

If everything works out and when we do meet up I think we should have some kind of tourney. Maybe just 1 round and then we could have a trophy that must be brought to the next meeting and passed on and so on.

A fun way to do some informal competition is to do a singles round for bragging rights, then use the scores of that round to seed doubles partners (best score with worst, second best with second worst etc.), ends up making some even doubles competition in most cases.

Peterb, don't be oppressed by anyone. Exercise your right to vote!

No kidding right?

The thing is, it's not like soCal golfers couldn't come to a norCal meet. I'd imagine that vice versa is true as well. But the state is large enough to make it geographically undesirable for people like humChris to get to SoCal. We'll be able to get enough people for a weekend or two either way IMO.

time for a poll...

Ok, let's say I create a poll and De La is picked. Now let's say about 30-40 heads are gonna show up. Where will they stay?
Let me continue with some research before I start a poll...
I'm trying to find a centrally located course that has either camping on site or super nearby that will fun for everyone, including beginners.

Dude that's even better:thmbup:

It'll be about the lulz, and the glory!

Great idea! As long as we keep it informal and no pressure, it should work. I'll be contacting all the major disc companies and retailers to see if they can donate/sell for cheap some plastic for ace awards, etc.

A fun way to do some informal competition is to do a singles round for bragging rights, then use the scores of that round to seed doubles partners (best score with worst, second best with second worst etc.), ends up making some even doubles competition in most cases.

Another great idea!

The problem is logistics:

Let's say De La gets picked. Now we have to find reasonably close camping for a large group of people. Then I have to start collecting money from peeps. Reservations and inquiries must be made.

The most ideal thing would be to find a private course, which CA has, that could accommodate us all and not be too expensive. Unfortunately the courses that fit the bill are way north, killing the idea of having it in a central location.

The idea of having two meets is appealing... are you suggesting having them the same time, or two different times of the year? And if we did two, who gets theirs first, North or South?

The questions, they are endless..... :doh:

just got an email from the owner of Browns and Bows. Open for play Nov 19-21. If any Nor Cal guy want to come to "The Happy Place" check it out while you can. I really think this is the most ideal place for the meeting. Secluded,private,2courses(both very unique)camping,fishing, food/market/beer 1 mile away.

Let's all go bowling.

8bit_lebowski01.jpg

What we need is a fricking motor home that we can all pile into and tour the whole state, playing every course we can get our hands on, for about a month!

Dream on, baz, dream on ...

Bakersfield has two severely underrated courses on the same property.....its very central too (to so cal and the bay area, sorry to all 3 of you DGCR'rs north of that)......just sayin.....

Hart friggin Park.

If you like long as hell courses, you will probably enjoy the park course. The mountain course is great and has undertones of Diamond X and Lake Casitas.

By the way 'Hart' and 'Park' link to the two courses. Camping is not onsite but I believe there is some very nearby, in addition to 29-49 dollar hotel rooms in Bakersfield. I believe this would TRULY be the most central location with 2 high level courses. Santa Cruz is cool and all but its kind of a bitch to get to from So Cal. Its almost easier just to drive to San Francisco.

I would love to make it, but don't think I'll be in town. If my situation changes I'll let you know. Looks like you are going to have one fine sausage fest on your hands. My van is in need of a road trip, it's sitting parked while I am abroad.

The idea of having two meets is appealing... are you suggesting having them the same time, or two different times of the year? And if we did two, who gets theirs first, North or South?

The questions, they are endless..... :doh:

I recommend two different times a year. Maybe 6 moths apart, or only 1-2 months. Whatever is viable. As for who gets theirs first. It doesn't matter, we're not playing favorites. To me the logical choice would be SoCal first, since the time of year we have been discussing so far, is barely out of Winter, and it will be damn cold at night.

The questions maybe endless, but so are the possibilities of answers.

Lets see, Camping at Casitas (a Plus) 18 hole epic Course at Casitas (a Plus) Having a guide to move around pin locations on a daily basis at Casitas (a Plus) Libations aloud while Discin at Casitas (a Plus)..................the list goes on and on........Lets Do it!!!

My vote is obviously Coyote Point (Casitas)

Last edited:
Lets see, Camping at Casitas (a Plus) 18 hole epic Course at Casitas (a Plus) Having a guide to move around pin locations on a daily basis at Casitas (a Plus) Libations aloud while Discin at Casitas (a Plus)..................the list goes on and on........Lets Do it!!!

My vote is obviously Coyote Point (Casitas)

Last edited:

Latest posts