• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sugaree-Phase 2

At this point, not getting enough traffic to justify the maintenance on 30 acres,so we are eliminating holes 3-9.
You will now follow arrows from 2 to 10.

Last edited:
Athough the course has not been weed-eated since June, the entire course is in very good shape including holes 3-9. Old hole #1 (the most difficult hole on the course) has been split into two really good par 3's. Old 2 and old 3 are combined for a par 5,so the original signage stays on track on holes 4-25. If you are a glutton for punishment, you can still play old #1 in the original form.

Last edited:
Sugaree!

Mando, we played your course a couple of weeks ago with Darrell. All I can say is Wow what a course. Try to make it to my course when you come to Nashville. Holler at Darrell and he will get you my number. Go to YouTube see Eggland discgolf for drone footage of the course.

Thanks Greg,Sunday looks like my best chance. I will be in touch.
Upon further review, we are leaving old 2 and 3 separate and retaining 17 for non-event rounds.
Course is currently 26 holes. For shorter 19 hole loop,follow orange flag from 3rd hole to #10.

Sugaree Jubilee

On October 8/9, the Jubilee returns for the first time since 2010. On Saturday you will get to enjoy the fun,good-natured side of Sugaree with a 26 hole singles tourney with tee time followed by a 9 hole one disc event.
On Sunday you will get a chance to play Sugaree in her foulest mood, the rarely seen supercourse layout in either a doubles or triples format. 18 holes with many holes combined for the ultimate woods golf challenge.
On site camping encouraged.

On October 8/9, the Jubilee returns for the first time since 2010. On Saturday you will get to enjoy the fun,good-natured side of Sugaree with a 26 hole singles tourney with tee time followed by a 9 hole one disc event.
On Sunday you will get a chance to play Sugaree in her foulest mood, the rarely seen supercourse layout in either a doubles or triples format. 18 holes with many holes combined for the ultimate woods golf challenge.
On site camping encouraged.

I'm jelly. Wish I could play this supercourse!

Glorious weather at Sugaree this weekend. On Friday, Mike Sale who is on a cross country disc golf trip stopped in for a round about the time Will Moody from Asheville drove up.
Mike left with the new 26 hole course record at 77 (-5) and Will shot 79 (-3).
Amazingly, Will's round included a triple bogey on 10 and a double on 23.
Liking the new layout !

What happened with the course page? All of the sudden the rating was lowered last night and this morning it was labeled extinct. Hacked?

Mando decided to deface his own page because I wouldn't remove reviews he disagreed with. He also updated his review to give his own course a zero. I filled in some of the information he removed (city, etc.) from an old backup just for archival purposes (I didn't feel like downloading the one from a couple nights ago) although I didn't bother retrieving the hole information as it's with the complete backup that I'd have to grab (kind of a pain in the butt to do).

After all that, I thought it was best to retire the course since that seems to be what he was going for.

Actually tim and i were having a reasonable discussion about what constitutes a redesign until he quit returning my emails. So,.i made the rash decision to bring the course info back to its condition in 2008 just to get a response. 18 holes 5000 feet hanging baskets,guide required.
His response was to rip the course,Not mine.

I responded within a week (life happens) and then happened to check the course again mid-reply to remember the course we were talking about. I noticed you removed all the information for the course (city, location, designer, etc.), marked it as temporary so it couldn't be found with a default search and changed your review to a zero. Logic dictates you wanted it removed so I obliged.

My wife hates it when i assume what she is thinking, so i try not to do it...I'm usually wrong anyway.

For the record, i changed my rating to zero simply to highlight the fact that the cons in 2008-2010 are no longer cons.

I'm going to try and clear a few things up;
#1 Sugaree is not extinct or RIP. In fact, the course has never been better.
#2 If you need to reach me, my email is [email protected]. Do not send me a PM on this site. I will not be logging in.
#3 I've been diligent about updating course conditions, but I'm blocked from doing so...email me for course conditions.

I have no idea what's going on but if you want your course page turned back on let me know.

Glorious weather at Sugaree this weekend. On Friday, Mike Sale who is on a cross country disc golf trip stopped in for a round about the time Will Moody from Asheville drove up.
Mike left with the new 26 hole course record at 77 (-5) and Will shot 79 (-3).
Amazingly, Will's round included a triple bogey on 10 and a double on 23.
Liking the new layout !

Had a great time Rich, left a lot of shots out there, course was incredible!!