• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sweet Roc & Wizard Throws (For real this time!)

OP

What type of wizards do you like to throw? (plastics)

What is the best wizard per shot? ( Tee, upshots, putts)

OP

What type of wizards do you like to throw? (plastics)

What is the best wizard per shot? ( Tee, upshots, putts)

My favorite driving one is the yellow evo Wizard in that video that is like FLX. I also have a real worn orange Supersoft I love for more touch drives that you'll see in my next video. I have a few black softs that have good grip but aren't floppy, those are nice for drives too. Prefer the driving ones around 170g, they glide out a bit better than the 175's.

For putts I like organics in the mid 160's that feel nice and grippy but don't have much flex in the flight plate. Again you'll see that in the next video, switched back to it after playing around with that black putter for a few rounds.

Thanks for posting.
I'm excited for the next video!

me too, can't wait to see it put together. It's a small, fairly technical 10 hole course. Shot real well. Switched back to my lighter putting Wizard and practiced putts for 5 minutes before I played and the difference was night and day. It's a fun video because I show off some of the alternate routes you can take on the holes.

me too, can't wait to see it put together. It's a small, fairly technical 10 hole course. Shot real well. Switched back to my lighter putting Wizard and practiced putts for 5 minutes before I played and the difference was night and day. It's a fun video because I show off some of the alternate routes you can take on the holes.

I've come to realize how much this actually helps... I hate playing even a casual round without practice putting first now.

My favorite driving one is the yellow evo Wizard in that video that is like FLX. I also have a real worn orange Supersoft I love for more touch drives that you'll see in my next video. I have a few black softs that have good grip but aren't floppy, those are nice for drives too. Prefer the driving ones around 170g, they glide out a bit better than the 175's.

For putts I like organics in the mid 160's that feel nice and grippy but don't have much flex in the flight plate. Again you'll see that in the next video, switched back to it after playing around with that black putter for a few rounds.

Thanks. I have a SSS and it takes on damge easily. I just picked up a soft and organic. I will have to get an evo.

Ever throw an ion? Mine goes a good distance, comparable to my wizard. ( thinking of dropping and sticking to wizards)

180g pumpkin roc is the ****. Mine took some serious damage :(

I basically only use putters, rocs, and an occasional leopard /firebird.

Last edited:
When I had the Buzz in my bag I pretty much played with my putting and driving wizard + OLF's. Now that I'm throwing Rocs I'm using mids a lot more...I think the Roc just fits me better.

Ions are really nice. I could drive mine about as far as my Wizards, it just wasn't quite as wind resistant and consistent overall when going for drives + Wizard is available in grippier plastics. Granted I'm 100x more used to throwing Wizards so I'm biased, even so if Wizards didn't exist I'd probably be throwing Ions. I think I have a video of me tossing one across a football field on my youtube.

Psst...new vid coming tonight.