• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] teebird t3

I'm loving the G star, wish it looked just like it does but was stiffer though. Even in 90 degree weather it was money recently here in CA

I'm assuming champ well be released shortly after the fort steilacoom open...I'll be sure to let everyone know, as I will be loading up on these at the tourney ;):clap::p

The reduction of glide definitely showed today. The Fury and Roadrunner I was throwing against it on a wooded hole easily outdistanced the T3. To be fair, though, due the different stabilities of the three discs, I was not throwing them identically. Yet the T3 routinely came up shorter. That was not necessarily a bad thing because placement on this hole is a million times more important than distance. While the T3 never took a run at the basket (it needed a slight right turn right at the end) and the Roadrunner ran it twice, all times the T3 was in a position for a long 2 or an easy 3 while the Roadrunner often found itself deep in the woods way beyond the basket.

While the lack of glide is apparent, hitting the lines I put it on and getting there quickly was easy to do. It did not turn and did not fade; it simply went on the line I put it on until it died on the ground.

Basically: workhorse, yes; flashy ace runner, no.

Champ please! Cant get a consistent release on gstar and I'm afraid of loosing my 11x teebirds. Hopefully once they start making them it will be a suitable replacement.

I wonder if champ T3s will decrease the value of 11x teebirds. Hopefully not :\

less glide right?

It could be a product of the ever so slightly speed increase over traditional TeeBirds that deceptively makes it look like less glide, or it could be a combination of a touch more speed AND a touch less glide that definitely makes it look like there is a noticeable reduction in glide.

I have yet to throw my GStar TeeBird3s side by side with a regular TeeBird, but on a particular hole around here where I test controlled distance (which I find way more important than just open field bombing) against my Swords, Trespasses, Valkyries, Furys, and Roadrunners, the TeeBird3s held their own. They did not get as much distance, but they were always in a position where it was still an easy up for par.

For reference, this is a 440 foot hole with mature trees directly in the line of sight of the basket. Forehanders and a lefties will have to run a low tunnel and will likely settle for a laser shot to 300-350 if they do not hit a tree first. RHBH have a window to sling out a hyzer shot. The only danger here is that there are a few mature trees on the right and deep right that will snag anything that goes too far out. However, it is a very fair fairway and I routinely land in the open spot about 370-400 feet away. If there could be such a thing, an appropriate par would be 3.5. 2s definitely feel like Eagles, 3s almost feel like birdies, but still a 4 has that bogey feel to it.

This disc almost flies like a mid. It is a very straight flyer but it feels like a neutered Teebird to me. I just don't have room for it in my bag right now but I can see how some will love it and some will hate it.

This disc almost flies like a mid. It is a very straight flyer but it feels like a neutered Teebird to me. I just don't have room for it in my bag right now but I can see how some will love it and some will hate it.

Time will tell, but from limited throws I think it will be very useful in my bag. I already have three perfectly seasoned Swords which are essentially my longer TeeBirds. I have a Gazelle which is essentially a shorter TeeBird, if the T3 can fall right in between it will work perfectly. Right now there is a little overlap with the Sword and regular TeeBird.

I've been using a JL Champ Teebird3 and I'm surprised with how straight they fly. I can't get them figured out though, it's either too much power and it flies dead straight like an arrow, or too little power and it fades out relatively quickly

I've been using a JL Champ Teebird3 and I'm surprised with how straight they fly. I can't get them figured out though, it's either too much power and it flies dead straight like an arrow, or too little power and it fades out relatively quickly

I agree with you on the "Odd" flight. I simply didnt like the one I bagged. On throws where I would expect a normal TB to start its fade, the T3 would just push straight. And if I powered it down some to bring the fade in, it would just dump.

My normal TBs have a more direct relationship with power input and fade. No biggie to me, I have plenty of normal TBs to last my lifetime =-)

In general though, I found the T3 to pretty useless. I'd rather throw F2 or F3, and I REALLY don't care for those molds :sick:

I do really like the TL3 though, reminds me of a 1st/2nd run CE Teebird (L)

I was disappointed in my JL T3 too, but, I got a 166g Pro World's Glow T3 and love that thing. It didn't have the weird flashing that my JL one did and it seems to have a very slight dome, almost the exact same shape as my favorite 11x TB. And, even at lower weight, it is more OS than the JL birds from the factory store. I am liking it so far.

Really?!? My JL T3 is beefy OS. But mine is from the first run FSO CFR run. Now my G* is a different story. Not nearly as OS. Furthermore (I LOVE using that word!), I have a new Brinster Bird; I was surprised at how neutral the flight was on it. My seasoned Cal-tooled Glow Teeb (non +mold) is more OS than the Brinster. And, after a few throws, I am regretting the "smoke" color choice...

I agree with you on the "Odd" flight. I simply didnt like the one I bagged. On throws where I would expect a normal TB to start its fade, the T3 would just push straight. And if I powered it down some to bring the fade in, it would just dump.

My normal TBs have a more direct relationship with power input and fade. No biggie to me, I have plenty of normal TBs to last my lifetime =-)

In general though, I found the T3 to pretty useless. I'd rather throw F2 or F3, and I REALLY don't care for those molds :sick:

I do really like the TL3 though, reminds me of a 1st/2nd run CE Teebird (L)

I love cal TLs from 2004. This sounds like a perfect replacement. I may be able to sell my CE TL stock off. Has anyone thrown the Glow T3 and also can compare them to normal JL T3s?

Anyone know when the production-run T3s will be out in Jolly Launcher plastic? Maybe I missed the boat on this one, but the only place I've found them is at the Innova Pro Shop...

I assume that is it for now. They seem to have been a bit of a flop in the long run. I bought a stack of steilacooms and two of the proshop artsy ones mainly to collect for long-term, but I did try one out in the bag for a while, as well as a g*. The G* is a 166 and ended up being a great flick disc to replace a worn out old 150 eagle x I used to throw for stand-still flicks. The JL T3 at 175 wasn't any more stable than 175 champ 11 and 12x TBs I have. I still reach for my brinster or this beefcake 12x champ I have when the wind is bad enough, but for the most part a 168 teebird in champ or G* is still my favorite TB ever.

I don't think they were meant to have a bigger fade. They are flat and have less lift/glide to them, also less skip. I get more pure D out of my 11x CA. tooled but lose something in accuracy. The 175g Champ I have is very controllable and good in the wind, my GS T3 is weird and flies terribly for me.

I have 2 of the pro shop artist Champs and they both have almost zero high speed turn and an accurate 2 fade rating. Love these discs and it's a shame they had the proto runs in Gstar.

I traded for a relatively new G* T3 yesterday and I was wondering what people think about theirs as the G*s have worn in over time???