• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Best disc no one throws

I don't hear of many people throwing a Gateway Element. I think its a great understable mid.

That is one thing I forgot to add that they are definitely one of my favorite discs to use in the wind. Thamks for picking up were I slacked.
:hfive:

How are those glo champ gazelles btw? Ive really been thinking about picking one up?

They are fantastic. I'm using $12 glow x-outs I got at @ disc golf values. If I put too much snap on a DX they flip, but my champs are straight as a beat teebird.

I think I've ordered 8 or so this summer. Trying different weights because I'm too impatient to break them in. :)

Another vote for anything Discmania, mostly because you really have to know where to get them or have a disc nerd in your local shop who orders them.

I have a buddy who's last name is Beaver who throws a putter called the Beaver...

They are fantastic. I'm using $12 glow x-outs I got at @ disc golf values. If I put too much snap on a DX they flip, but my champs are straight as a beat teebird.

I think I've ordered 8 or so this summer. Trying different weights because I'm too impatient to break them in. :)

Happens to me too when I put too much snap. Bc those damn dx break in so easy. Nail a tree and they can taco especially the newer dx. I still like them alot though fot the grip and glide. I guess this is an excuse though to buy more discs now. I need me some champ gazelles:D

Tabatha Simon is the only person I know that throws an APX.
Bet she sinks putts!

How many of you out there throw a JLS. A great disc lost in the maze of drivers available today.
Love 'em - two in my bag. A new one for straight shots, and an flippier one for hyzer flips and turnovers.

Last edited:
I don't hear of many people throwing a Gateway Element. I think its a great understable mid.

My girlfriend throws an Element and Magic combo for her bag. She almost got her first ace at Wingfoot State Park with the Element last time we played :D

The Groove.

NObody throws it, so it has to be the best disc nobody throws. :|

Other than discs I throw that are just out of production (X-Clone and Cyclone 2), what about the cobra? I can throw it straight for 300+ feet with zero fade or take a little off and still keep it straight for an approach. I have never seen anyone with a cobra even in their bag, but maybe its just because most of the people I see on the course carry one disc and its a candy driver they can't even identify =P

I always carry a Cobra in my bag. I still see other folks with them from time to time but it's getting more infrequent.

I love my Cobra so much that I'm looking for one in either champ, pro, or glow. I'm willing to pay up to $15 and would like the weight in b/w 167g to 174g range.