• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Gospel of the PD

My flat GLs have the same glide as my flat optos, my domey optos have more glide than the flat optos and GLs.

Also, the Protos don't fly that drasticly different than the Production runs. However, they feel totally different in the hand. If the production PD has a Spirit top, the the proto PD has a Blurr top.

I have been throwing a s pd for the last few weeks and absolutley love it. It flies 310-330 on a straight line with very little fade when released with a touch of hyzer. I just received a p pd and a c pd in the mail yesterday and haven't had a chance to throw them. What can I expect stability wise in relation to the s pd? By the way the champion plastic feels amazing!

ppd is less hss than the spd. It'll break into a nice flyer though. The cpd is more hss than the spd. Works great in headwinds or when you want a good predictble hyzer . The cpds lack the glide a spd has because of the lack of dome but most of the times that I use my cpd,i don't need it to go too far. I keep all three in my bag and love em.

oblivion said:
Can it be said that a cpd is comparable to a seasoned z pred?

It's been said on page 48 (likely elsewhere in this thread as well).

discspeed said:
booter said:
get an s pd . theyre a bit more stable than the p. the cpds are like predz

A new Z Predator is quite a bit more overstable than a C-PD. A C-PD is like a Z Pred with a year of heavy use, but the PD still has more foreward glide and a more Teebirdesque flight pattern.

Point taken! Great news though since seasoned z preds are sick, they just take forever to get there. I am officially a pd convert, and hope to replace three molds in my bag with just one. Stalker's, pd's, and destroyers are now theoretically all the drivers I should need

What would be a better combination:

1) PD and RoadRunner/Stalker/Leopard/Cyclone/Gazelle etc. Basically something straight to understable

2) CD and Firebird/ Predator/ XXX etc. something straight to overstable

FYI, I'm currently throwing the second category. I like the fact that the CD is not as overstable which makes it better (imo) on long holes where I don't need it to fade early (straight finish). It seems that the CD is able to work more lines than the PD, not necessarily better than the PD on hyzer. I feel that the second category is advantageous for me, however I'm curious to know if it would be better if I opted for the first category.

XXX/PD/CD. The CD is more of a specialty disc for me, since I would rather throw a stable disc on an anhyzer with a little torque to have it move right, but when I need a hyzer to flip and go over, I'll grab the CD.

The XXX is just sick. I love that disc the more and more I throw it.

sunspot said:
What would be a better combination:

1) PD and RoadRunner/Stalker/Leopard/Cyclone/Gazelle etc. Basically something straight to understable

2) CD and Firebird/ Predator/ XXX etc. something straight to overstable

FYI, I'm currently throwing the second category. I like the fact that the CD is not as overstable which makes it better (imo) on long holes where I don't need it to fade early (straight finish). It seems that the CD is able to work more lines than the PD, not necessarily better than the PD on hyzer. I feel that the second category is advantageous for me, however I'm curious to know if it would be better if I opted for the first category.

I think the CD may be more workable brand new, but I think the PD has it beat in workability and consistency when broken in. My P-PD is flippy enough to imitate a CD I imagine, but I haven't thrown the CD (all we got in were the first runs). I do look forward to trying a new CD though, because I don't have a PD in my rotation that is like a new CD right now. Basically I want a low ceiling laser that flies 360-390' without much turn or fade. I can do this with my P-PD, but I have to use more hyzer than I would like. My newer P-PD is getting there. I'm hoping that some day my S-PD will break into that disc and hold there for a while.

So CDGS FINALLY got in the PDs I've been pining for. I was initially disappointed that we were only getting S PDs, but now that I've thrown all three plastics, I think S has the potential to be the most versatile for my go-to driver. The Champs are very stable, and the pros beat in too fast imo when you are using them as workhorses (and consistently hitting trees and landing on pavement). Also, now I have unlimited access to free S-PDs and I have to order an pay for the other two types. :wink:

Anyway, I was very pleased pawing through our new stack of S-PDs. Curiously, they are all the original PD stamp rather than the Freak stamp (thank god!). I like my PDs close to max weight, 173-175g. The only colors that we got in these weights were light/swirly blue and sort of champy/star red. Seeing the red ones made my eyes bug out of my head. I love the red champy/star, and these feel and look A LOT like red SB Orcs. They are not as clear as some red champy/star, but I think this is partly due to having more plastic in the flight plate than wider rimmed drivers. The Blues were on the heavy side of 175, so I went with the reds and bought 3 175s. The clearest red one was 170.

The only other S-PDs I have are orange FR, max weight, super domey, and stiff/slick star plastic. They are quite overstable new, and do not lose much of their fade as they lose their HSS. These ones fly fast and get good D, but they do lack some glide. Despite losing some of its initial HSS, my seasoned orange one still needs to be powered to fly correctly and does not respond well to powering down. I think this is due to the lack of float/glide compared to the Champ and Pro.

My new red ones fly considerably different from my FR oranges. They feel different as well. The reds are moderately domed, a little softer (just not as stiff/slick as my FRs), and much grippier. I could tell before I threw it that it was going to glide better. I deflashed them and got to the course to see how they compared to my other PDs. I was very pleased with the flight of the reds. They fly the same as my seasoned FR in terms of HSS, but seem to fade a bit more. They are probably just pulling out of the high speed turn a bit earlier, which will change with seasoning. They also glide much better. This makes them more workable to start, better at varying throwing speeds, and much better candidates at breaking in to fly more like a P-PD. I really prefer the feel of these over my FR S-PDs and I will probably be using these as my go-to PDs for stable drives.

discspeed said:
Curiously, they are all the original PD stamp rather than the Freak stamp (thank god!).
Yeah, my guess is that they made more with the original stamp as they were doing the Jesse Heinonen pro model (original stamp with Jesse's signature) anyway.

I like both stamps and can't decide which looks better. They're both good in completely different ways. =/

Incidentally, a Craze with a hologram stamp looks awesome spinning.

discspeed said:
Paragraphs of PD orgasming

How do the red ones fly compared to a new P PD? I looked over the whole stack a week ago but didn't buy any since they all seemed to be fairly domey and I was hoping to buy one like that blue S PD I had which molded up exactly like a P PD.

Latest posts