• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] THEORY Midrange by Axiom Discs

What Trilogy plastics are the Plasma, Proton, and Neutron plastics from Axiom equivalent to as far as grip and softness is concerned? Really like a plastic that has great grip but a firm feel.

I was thinking of trying the Theory as a replacement for my Westside Tursas but am not familiar with the feel of the Axiom plastics.

Thank you!

TripleB

Just get a plasma theory you should be happy.

Just get a plasma theory you should be happy.

If you're really gonna get a Theory then 1 vote more for plasma plastic, great combination of grip/aesthetics/flight, good for us noodles.

Thanks for the input...I was worried the Plasma might be G-Star floppy and that would be an immediate no way I'd play with it...but if you guys say that's the way I should go I'll take your word for it. I think this is the disc I'm going to purchase to try and find some consistency in my understable mid spot.

I appreciate your help!

TripleB

Thanks for the input...I was worried the Plasma might be G-Star floppy and that would be an immediate no way I'd play with it...but if you guys say that's the way I should go I'll take your word for it. I think this is the disc I'm going to purchase to try and find some consistency in my understable mid spot.

I appreciate your help!

TripleB

No I dont think you will find plasma too soft.
Btw Theory(like all MVP gyro) requires decent spin to work well I feel like, dont give up if it wont do the trick right away.

Two questions -

Why was the Theory taken out of production?

What's a current MVP equivalent - Paradox and Uplink look way more understable. My theory has that perfect Comet or beat Roc flight, where it drifts right instead of turning right.

Two questions -

Why was the Theory taken out of production?

What's a current MVP equivalent - Paradox and Uplink look way more understable. My theory has that perfect Comet or beat Roc flight, where it drifts right instead of turning right.

Something about the new molding machines, I miss the tangent.

IME the soft neutron uplink is pretty close, I've been rocking 180's, maybe a little hyzer adjustment but it pays off in height holding glide and weight carry. Neutrons are flippier.

The hex is almost there, if you beat the heck out of a hex it's a fresh theory. I haven't tried the light Fission though, or any fission haha.

Last edited:
Something about the new molding machines, I miss the tangent.

IME the soft neutron uplink is pretty close, I've been rocking 180's, maybe a little hyzer adjustment but it pays off in height holding glide and weight carry. Neutrons are flippier.

The hex is almost there, if you beat the heck out of a hex it's a fresh theory. I haven't tried the light Fission though, or any fission haha.

^^^ This.

I have a 171g Theory that I've been trying to match. You can come at it from either side: finding/tuning the Hex to be less stable, or finding the most stable Uplink.

My MVP fizzy Hexes (158 and 164) aren't noticeably less stable than my 169 Neutron - at least initially.

I've had more success with 180ish Uplinks (and be ready to throw increased hyzer in any amount of headwind).

I find the gap between the Hex and the Uplink to be pretty massive, but I haven't tried the Echo, maybe that's the solution. I definitely think that's a gap they could fill with a new mold though, with similar shape/feeling as the Reactor/Hex/Uplink. I have a beat Neutron Hex that fills that slot but it took a year to get there.

I find the gap between the Hex and the Uplink to be pretty massive, but I haven't tried the Echo, maybe that's the solution. I definitely think that's a gap they could fill with a new mold though, with similar shape/feeling as the Reactor/Hex/Uplink. I have a beat Neutron Hex that fills that slot but it took a year to get there.

Not MVP but manufactured by MVP, I hear really good things about the TSA Mana.

Latest posts