• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Truly unique molds

Nova is a great disc but not necessarily unique. Rival is one of the best discs in my bag

Nova is a great disc but not necessarily unique. Rival is one of the best discs in my bag

Yes they are if you look at how Innova does its over-molding process compared to the rest having it a different way, underside is where you can tell the difference. Those discs are a PTA to run according to Dave Dunpace but they are popular enough with Sponsored pro's using those discs and with regular players that the Molds will not be discontinued.

Of what's in my bag - Unique discs are the RDG Serpent and Element Iridium - Thick groove-top putters - haven't seen anything like them (Scale, Serpent, Iridium, Plutonium - all unique in that sense) Then I'd say the Alias as its not quite as fast as other mids nowadays but has a unique flight in that its perfectly straight - feels a little different than most mids

Ching juju putter.

ching-g-gjuju.gif

TOBU Discs, they have electronics inside for lighting, noises or to track with a phone app as well as 3 different textures inside the rim so that you can choose from smooth to gritty on your grip.

The Wham-O Maxflight. It is a Two piece that has more a disc golf disc shape toy Frisbee size but is more a putter then a driver as the page states. https://www.amazon.com/Wham-Flight-...id=1524293203&sr=1-25&refinements=p_89:Wham-O

A friend had one before they were PDGA approved, at the time in late 1990's discs for Disc Golf Discs had to be one piece molded disc. We used it more as a toss disc . For Disc Golf the disc was not as good as it flew as if one were to make a Large diameter beveled edge putter then a true Disc Golf Disc. Eventually this disc held the world record flight.

A friend had one before they were PDGA approved, at the time in late 1990's discs for Disc Golf Discs had to be one piece molded disc. We used it more as a toss disc . For Disc Golf the disc was not as good as it flew as if one were to make a Large diameter beveled edge odd two piers plastic putter then a true Disc Golf Disc. Eventually this disc held the world record throw run and catch.

Fixed both mistakes on the old post :wall:

Of what's in my bag - Unique discs are the RDG Serpent and Element Iridium - Thick groove-top putters - haven't seen anything like them (Scale, Serpent, Iridium, Plutonium - all unique in that sense) Then I'd say the Alias as its not quite as fast as other mids nowadays but has a unique flight in that its perfectly straight - feels a little different than most mids

Iridum is unique and makes me wonder how comfortable that disc is to hold. Such a hefty rim to a disc.

Proxy always astonishes me on how a disc that is so resistant to turn can have so little fade. I can throw it soft or really lay into it and it just goes straight

Somebody left a max flight on the course. I gave it as soft a throw as I could and it flipped over upside down in 60 feet