• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Two new courses in Carmel, IN this summer!

Well....

If only we could get some on the South side of town...

There are some decent courses on the south side of Indy. I'd say the best one is at Blue Herron Park in Franklin. A nice 18-hole course with plenty of challenge and fun. The course at Mt. Gilead Church in Moresville is also a decent 9-hole round of dgolf.

But on the growth side, both Southeastway Park and Southwestway Park have plenty of suitable and available land. Southeastway would be 18-holes, pretty similar to Brookside or Wasington parks, but with more land. Southwestway has lots of woods, some hefty terrain and even a little water, it would make a very nice 18-hole course. All that is needed is political willpower and then funding. :popcorn:

Southeastway would be perfect for me since it is 5 minutes from my house. I haven't made it to the course in Franklin yet. It takes me as long or longer to get there as it does to the north side of town so I haven't made it out there yet.

Another step forward....

Met today with the Carmel Parks department manager and crew leader who are in charge of the crews doing the clearing for both parks. Work should begin at Lawrence Inlow in the near future and it looks good for a late May opening. Hazel Landing is a bit more of a challenge from the clearing standpoint and it is still a work in progress. The course could open in June, maybe July. :thmbup:

I've played Hillcrest, Dillon and Northview, all 3 courses you've designed MacDaddy, I guess my question is will these two courses be par 3 courses like the ones i've played or will par vary somewhat?

Well....

I've played Hillcrest, Dillon and Northview, all 3 courses you've designed MacDaddy, I guess my question is will these two courses be par 3 courses like the ones i've played or will par vary somewhat?

The course at Lawrence Inlow is designed to be a rec course, good for kids, beginners, even folks with ADA issues. More experienced players should actually make most (if not all) of these holes in 2 shots.

The Hazel Landing design is very different. At over 7,000' from the Blue tees and lots and lots of trees factoring into most holes, it will be quite a bit harder. In fact, there will be some holes that you would be very proud to get a 3 on, but most likely will not. That said, they will all be par 3's. Scoring is all realtive anyway, so if you shoot parr at Dillon, you may shoot +10 at Hazel Landing. Changing the par to "63" or whatever, won't change that. Just the warm fuzzies that people get by shooting "par". Leaving it at 54 allows casual players to more easily keep score in the head. :)

I'm going to say it's safe to assume DisCatchers on the courses like all of your other courses? also can't wait until the rumored Ace Race on Inolw

yep

I'm going to say it's safe to assume DisCatchers on the courses like all of your other courses? also can't wait until the rumored Ace Race on Inolw

Lawrence Inlow will have the 'traditional" Innova DISCatcher Pro baskets. Hazel Landing will have the new DISCatcher Pro "28" targets.

Ace Race at Inlow.... maybe! :D

Lawrence Inlow will have the 'traditional" Innova DISCatcher Pro baskets. Hazel Landing will have the new DISCatcher Pro "28" targets.

Ace Race at Inlow.... maybe! :D

Hmm, I saw ace race at inlow on the HDGU FB page, but saw at Dillon on the HDGU website, either way, i'm in.

Its official, we will have a Discraft Ace Race. I just updated both, the site & f.b. The day and time had to be moved. We are going to try to have it at the new Inlow. But, If we are gonna have more than 36 players it will have be moved to Dillon. Check out the site for more info.

Its official, we will have a Discraft Ace Race. I just updated both, the site & f.b. The day and time had to be moved. We are going to try to have it at the new Inlow. But, If we are gonna have more than 36 players it will have be moved to Dillon. Check out the site for more info.

I've been looking forward to this since i heard about ace races last year! Can't wait!!

If you're going to get a bunch more players and you still want to use the new course, just do a flex start. A couple I've played had open start times from 9-2, sending out groups whenever there were 3-5 players ready.

why do these things always have to be on the same weekend as near by A tiers??? Same weekend as the BHMO...

just wanted to keep you guys posted, this is the latest on projected openings, all seems to be going as scheduled, "Lawrence Inlow in May. Hazel Landing June/July" is the latest from the HDGU facebook page. I can't wait!

If you're going to get a bunch more players and you still want to use the new course, just do a flex start. A couple I've played had open start times from 9-2, sending out groups whenever there were 3-5 players ready.

Great idea, thanks mashnut. I just may do this, if we have more than 36 players. I hope we do. I'm making this a fundraising event for Hamilton county Humane Society.

Getting close!

All clearing is done at Lawrence Inlow Park and the land is looking great! Also, the baskets will be ordered this week. Should be here in 1-2 weeks. It won't be long now! :thmbup:

Hazel Landing and Lawrence Inlow update

The course at Hazel Landing is being delayed a bit as the Carmel Parks Dept had $2.5% million taken out of its' budget last week to help pay for the citys' Palladium operating expenses! They are juggling some budgets around and hopefully it won't be too long until we get it done! :popcorn:

The baskets for Lawrence Inlow have been ordered and should be here in maybe a week or so. Installation in early June. :thmbup: