• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Understable midrange needed

discddwn

Double Eagle Member
Ok. So I've been working on beating a DX Roc in for about a month now. It's 180g. Do I need to get a lighter Roc for turnover shots or just keep working this one? I can throw it about 250-285 but it just stays straight with a little left fade at the end. How about an Ontario Roc? I hear it's less stable. What I want to do is have it go straight for about 100 feet then start turning right til it hits the ground. I'm a RHBH dominant player but I can forehand. I just wanna do this shot cuz I've seen it done and it was sick. Any other discs that are roc like? (similar profile)

Ontario Roc, Comet, or a lighter, beat in DX Rancho Roc. Maybe a Qms, they're kind of a beadless Roc.

Comet is Roclike in the feel but I would also suggest a Meteor and maybe a Buzzz if you are looking for something you can turn yourself.

The Kite. It's super glidey, but will practically never fade left even brand new. Or you can keep beating the Roc. One of my KC Pro's (180) does exactly what you're after, it sounds like, so just stick with it, it should be faster occurring on a DX.

I rather like an X Buzzz or Core and wouldnt be to upset if I had to use my Comet and work it over myself or if I use something understable, I have liked Stingrays more than most. Kite I had was realllly flippy and was a smaller diameter than the Stingray which I think caused that.

The shot you described could be done with most understable discs thrown with a bit of hyzer. The disc should barrel roll (for lack of a better term) and then begin its decent to the right.

I don't throw a Roc personally but I do know that people like beating them in until they're as understable as you need to be. I don't have the patience and prefer my Star Stingray or DX Cobra.

Most of the people who posted above me know way more about this stuff than I do. Scoot_er's, like, a pro or something. :)

Keep beating on your Roc, it'll get there. In the meantime, a Stingray will do this.

I guess I'm just being impatient. I'll stick to beating this roc a while longer. Is it true that throwing rollers in a parking lot or road will beat a disc in faster? Don't wanna destroy a disc to try if it doesn't work.

I guess I'm just being impatient. I'll stick to beating this roc a while longer. Is it true that throwing rollers in a parking lot or road will beat a disc in faster? Don't wanna destroy a disc to try if it doesn't work.

You could do that or you could throw some thumbers into the ground. A little bit easier on the discs.

I remember seeing Chris Lee(CLEE or *Lee) get a new dx roc, wrap it in the towel, and proceeded to beat the stability out against a tree(or bench).

Personal preference. I'd take the Impact over the Mako. The impact will hold the line better whereas (in my experience) the Mako is just too touchy either way

QMS is a great mid... you can do that shot the day you get it. I also use it for slow 50-100 foot anhyzer (big anhyzer) approaches around trees that save me a lot of shots. Make sure you get it in quantum (QMS) or sirius plastic (Aurora MS) because you don't want it to get beat in. The millennium plastic feels really good, but I'd have to buy 3 a year because they just aren't "right" when they're beat in.

I got a buttload of DX Cobras.

$6 shipped, have a chick tourney stamp but you can draw a weiner on her or something if it makes you feel better.

I think it will be a great disc for you, beaded stringray...nice flight, ask Zenny, he has like 8 that he got from me now.

Latest posts