• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Understable midrange needed

If you're not playing in tournaments or for money or anything, I'd just force your Roc to hold that line for now and let it beat in naturally. If you need something in the meantime there have been a lot of great suggestions. I wouldn't artificially beat in the Roc unless you want to do it as an experiment and are willing to risk ruining a disc.

DX Ontario Roc. Flat topped as you can find. give it about 1 month. most beautiful gradual gliding turnovers you'll ever see. I've beat in 3 of them now. same thing every time

I have a Champ Panther that works great for understable duty. I also have a beat to death XD that is basically a boomerang. The beat roc, ontario roc and stingray-as mentioned-all work great.

I got a buttload of DX Cobras.

$6 shipped, have a chick tourney stamp but you can draw a weiner on her or something if it makes you feel better.

I think it will be a great disc for you, beaded stringray...nice flight, ask Zenny, he has like 8 that he got from me now.

I give this post five stars.

Stingray for sure, you just have to be technically sound to not totally flip it. I think the Meat-ier (Meteor) is better for noobs, cuz (most, not all) they have been screwed into throwing overstable stuff when they began playin

Stingray for sure, you just have to be technically sound to not totally flip it. I think the Meat-ier (Meteor) is better for noobs, cuz (most, not all) they have been screwed into throwing overstable stuff when they began playin

I would agree. I had a Stingray as my first mid-range after my starter kit. By the time I started turning it consistently over I was ready for some more stable discs.

Ugh. I've been in the same spot for awhile.

Need a disc that will stay turned over. Nice and controlled from beginning to end. My Meteor needs some speed to achieve that. I'm looking for a 100-200 nice steady turnover. At that range my Meteor will fade back at the end. I really don't play enough to beat it into submission quickly.

Didn't care for the feel of a Comet, maybe I'll try a Fuse...

Need a disc that will stay turned over. Nice and controlled from beginning to end. My Meteor needs some speed to achieve that. I'm looking for a 100-200 nice steady turnover. At that range my Meteor will fade back at the end. I really don't play enough to beat it into submission quickly.

What kind of putter are you throwing? 100-200 feet is putter range for me. 200 may be pushing it, but 100 feet out, I'm throwing a Wizard almost 100% of the time, with the exception being when I need a real meathook.

What kind of putter are you throwing? 100-200 feet is putter range for me. 200 may be pushing it, but 100 feet out, I'm throwing a Wizard almost 100% of the time, with the exception being when I need a real meathook.
Yeah, at 100'-200' most mids will still fade. You'll have much better luck getting a putter to hold that line than a mid.

You could try an XD at that range. My Stingray also wil fall fairly straight or fade left at that distance.

My suggestion for an understable disc is a Panther or Stingray for shorter throws and a Cobra for longer ones.

Yeah, at 100'-200' most mids will still fade. You'll have much better luck getting a putter to hold that line than a mid.

You could try an XD at that range. My Stingray also wil fall fairly straight or fade left at that distance.

I HATE putters. I HATE the feeling. I just can't deal with them.

I am actually using my old XD in that slot right now with limited results. I just really really really need to learn a forehand.

Latest posts