• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

But what are they? Medium? Firm? I love the old half and halfs for putters.

All medium. Its last years stamp meaning the medium/firm is wrong.

To me, the new granite falls perfectly in line with glow. Has almost the exact same feel so a little softer than regular medium but still harder than softs.

All medium. Its last years stamp meaning the medium/firm is wrong.

To me, the new granite falls perfectly in line with glow. Has almost the exact same feel so a little softer than regular medium but still harder than softs.

Booooo.
That is what I have Maple Hill M/F Soles, VPs, and Summits -- I like the option for grip, and the soft side for hit and stick energy absorption, although 90% of the time I'm taking hold of the firm side. These new ones

are there any members of dgcoursereview that have original vibram chunks that are not members of vibram disc golf collectors group, that they are looking to sell there chunk vibrams. i will offer 100-150$ for one.

Ain't going to find one that cheap if for sale at all. If you find one you'll be paying. They are literally the most sought after Vibram collectable disc.

Granite Chunk is more available and attainable. I even found one at a PIAS.

Ain't going to find one that cheap if for sale at all. If you find one you'll be paying. They are literally the most sought after Vibram collectable disc.

Granite Chunk is more available and attainable. I even found one at a PIAS.

Thanks, i am aware of how rare they are. they only made 214 from what i have been told. i was offering 150-200$ for one. still got no where. oh well.

Its tempting. And just to be a nitpicker, 97 VPs and 97 Summits.
The 24 Christmas Ridges are in a different category. Unobtanium. :|

Of the 194 original Chunks, many were really boring, like that aweful Vibram John Deere green, with maybe one small splotch of a different color. Half of them, maybe 100, are beautiful. Hand made in the US of A, one at a time.

And there is no such thing as " Granite Chunks ". This is just a way for some idiot to get more for something than its worth. :thmbdown::thmbdown:

Granite chunk is very much a thing. It still has chunks of solid colors but has the big specs of the original runs regrind in it. Anything that has granite in it will be worth quite a bit more.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20150409_221421.jpg
    20150409_221421.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 93
Its not about the colors.
The original Chunks were hand built in the molds, one at a time. This was not only time consuming, but expensive.
Thats why so few were made. The Vibram corporate guys would never have continued to allow disc golf discs to be made in that way on a long term basis.
Steve had bills to pay, so he figured out a way to streamline the process, which then produced an endless stream of Granite discs.
So its the process, not the colors, or the blobs of colors that make Chunks, and only Chunks, so valuable.

If you can get somebody to give you big money for Granites, my hat is off to you. I see people paying silly money for unique Vibram colors all the time.

Yes, I agree.

However, granite discs are still pretty sought after. The run of xlink is very unique with the xlink being like current medium and the xlink firm being rock hard. Some like it, some don't. It's why I sold the above "granite chunk" for almost $50.

What's silly to you is serious to others.

Latest posts