• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Warning: Do not play in the current heat wave!

People living in the Northeast US, do not go out and play in this heat wave. The UV index along with the temps are way to high to try and play. I know because I played yesterday (July 5th) at 2pm with it being 94F outside.

Grow a pair. You just lost your man card for life with that post.

Yeah, that's not quite accurate. There have been about 2 dozen nationwide who have died of heat related-causes. You don't list your hometown in MO, but St. Louis only has 7-heat related deaths. So if your town has more than that, I'd be curious to hear about it.

All that said, yes, you need to be careful outside. No more than 3 rounds a day, 4 if you're a fast player.

Oh, my home-town is Kansas City. I was listening to the radio and a KC health official was giving a statement about it. He said, "We've had 14 deaths this week and it's the worst case since 1980." I guess I shouldn't always believe everything I hear... but it seemed sincere.

It'd actually make me feel better if he was wrong.

Oh, my home-town is Kansas City. I was listening to the radio and a KC health official was giving a statement about it. He said, "We've had 14 deaths this week and it's the worst case since 1980." I guess I shouldn't always believe everything I hear... but it seemed sincere.

It'd actually make me feel better if he was wrong.

Home of Water Works. That at least sounds like it'd be cooler.

Drink water and you will be fine. Temps here near 100 with heat index around 110. Not too bad. Just be smart. I take at least 3 quarts of water out with me per round. Play the shady courses if you are a wimp.

Played a tournament over the weekend. Two rounds of singles, a mini tourny, and a glow round on Saturday and then two more rounds of doubles on Sunday. The temp was over 90 at 9:30 in the morning when we cracked our first beers. The trick is to drink one water for every beer you drink out in the heat.

Keeping your throwing hand dry was also a neat trick to have in the bag. Don't touch your face or anything wet with the hand you throw with and keep a birdie bag and towel with you.

Went out at 730am for a round today. Tee pad on #1 it was 83º. By 10am it was 94º. By the end of #18 it was 96º.

I was soaking wet from sweat. Drank 4 bottles of water.

It was hot a satan's balls today...

Played a tournament over the weekend. Two rounds of singles, a mini tourny, and a glow round on Saturday and then two more rounds of doubles on Sunday. The temp was over 90 at 9:30 in the morning when we cracked our first beers. The trick is to drink one water for every beer you drink out in the heat.

Keeping your throwing hand dry was also a neat trick to have in the bag. Don't touch your face or anything wet with the hand you throw with and keep a birdie bag and towel with you.

I did this exact same thing this last weekend. That wouldn't have been in Iowa would it?

I work on cars in a shop with no a/c and go play 5 times a week. It has been 96+ with at least 70% humidity every day for the past 6 weeks, except the ONE day it rained. I drink nothing but Gatorade and water all day, and take a liter of water and a 32 ounce Gatorade to the course with me. Just keep yourself hydrated and you'll be fine, pansies :)

Here, here. I work in a steel foundry. It was 110 in the building today. I have gotten so used to the heat I don't really like to sit in AC (in fact right now I'm sitting in 90 degree temps and 66% humidity and not a drop of sweat). As far as going out to play a round, well I drink a little extra water and throw discs while everyone else is dropping like flies. It's my secret weapon on the course.

It takes about a week of being outside but you do get used to it. I use aspirin before I play/work, one quart of Gatorade over the entire day and lots of water. I also carry two bandanas to wipe sweat with. (Although I really could use a beach towel.)

I won't say I'm comfortable but today wasn't all that bad. (103 temp with a 113 heat index.)

Going to be 100+ here the next few days. I'm heading out right now for a 32 mile bike ride. Then yard work followed by a brewery tour. Tomorrow is DG day. Drink lots of water and it's no big deal. Unless you are really out of shape, ill, or just a Nancy-boy.

^ 22 people have died in the midwest and northeast in this heat. Heat indexes have been in the 110-120 range here all week. 98 degree heat with high humidity is not a laughing matter. Seriously, if you want to play, that's fine, but be smart about it. If you feel dizzy or nauseated, find a shady spot to sit down and drink plenty of clear fluids. Try to avoid the hottest part of the day if you can, as well. It doesn't matter if you're in Arizona or Michigan, when for all intents and purposes it's 120 degrees outside, you have to be smart.

Going to play after work, stopping at store and stocking up water and ice for my cooler. Gonna grab extra towels and atleast grab another shirt. All my throws will hopefully find the shade lol.

I drank 40 oz of water and 32 oz of Gatorade during 36 holes today. Its hot as hell out there, but I had a good time playing. I prefer to play when its below 80 though.

Latest posts