• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What are the secret shots in your bag?

Off-hand short spike hyzers and forehand spike annies are fun. Impracticality ftw. Though my FH spike annies are really accurate out to 150ish feet. I love my Star Katana for this shot, just the right amount of turn to hold the line, but enough fade to fight out of a roller situation.

I have to say I cannot think of any holes in Charlotte that "require" a skip shot. I can't even think of any holes where I feel that a skip shot is even the "best" shot for the hole.

Hole 11 at Hornet's Nest. Sure the stall hyzer up top is the way most people throw it, but it's a risky shot sending a disc that high up with all the branches up there ;) I had no problems with that hole just skipping my PD2 at the turn. The PD2 skips more sideways than forward and it was about 10-20ft out every time. I would imagine the Firebird will work well on this hole too since it also has a tendency to skip sideways.

If I'm behind a bush or something that won't allow a normal putting motion (from my standard push putt stance or from a straddle putt stance) I'll throw an overhand putt. I guess that it's actually just a short little tomahawk. The throw motion goes over my head and releases between vertical and a 45 degree angle. It consistently hits the chains upside down and sticks great.

I have several pins around my course with shrubs and such around the pins so I got to this shot relatively frequently.

this is litterally my favorite throw to do!:thmbup: i use this instead of tommahawking bc it hurts my arm to much. They use this in ultimate alot too! Ill find a vid of a guy that does it really good.

First throw he does into garbage can = shot i like to do

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLbz0X_7waU

What discs are you using for your rollers ?

I've been turning and rolling Vulcans, but can't seem to get the disc to roll where I want it. I've been doing field work with them, but just can't seem to dial it in.

Drop some knowledge please.

I was using DX leopards and they are great up to about 400 for me, but to go any farther I use my star roadrunner. Its flippy and will hold that power line to the ground, but not so flippy that it goes right over the top.

hope that helps!

The Pancake

It's not practical for distance, but if I'm going for a put under some branch, I'll just throw the disc like a pancake, head over foot. If you can get the height right on the throw, it's really easy to control, since it's just going up and down with no "normal" disc spin.

Not really a secret shot, but I hardly ever see anyone else flick putters. I flick a putter 6-8 times a round. Easy, consistent and very accurate. Works great for those craptastic lies that leave you no room to move.

If I'm behind a bush or something that won't allow a normal putting motion (from my standard push putt stance or from a straddle putt stance) I'll throw an overhand putt. I guess that it's actually just a short little tomahawk. The throw motion goes over my head and releases between vertical and a 45 degree angle. It consistently hits the chains upside down and sticks great.

I have several pins around my course with shrubs and such around the pins so I got to this shot relatively frequently.

Willie Montes throws something like that and is deadly accurate right in the basket. It is sick to watch.

My secret shot is the flask that I carry during the winter...oops, guess it's not a secret anymore :(

I have a pretty sick approach flick using drivers (usually my banshee). From 100ft. and in I can hit the pin with a flick about 15% of the time and come within 5 - 10ft 90% of the time. Only problem is that its a very low flying shot so it's only useful when I am consciously laying up.

I have to say I cannot think of any holes in Charlotte that "require" a skip shot. I can't even think of any holes where I feel that a skip shot is even the "best" shot for the hole.

agreed.. like said earlier maybe 11 at the Nest but even that hole most people just throw the high hyzer or a stall.

Latest posts