• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] What do you bag which is REALLY underrated?

I'd like to give the DGA Breaker a nod on this thread as well. The more I throw it, I find myself reaching for it more and more. High speed stable but the fade isn't harsh like a zone or pig (ie won't dump or break off hard at the fade). Decent glide for a stable disc. I use it *a lot* on approaches, and I've been using it a lot more off the tee as I get mine worn in more. Won't fight the wind like a zone or harp but if you take that into account, it can also be far more useable in more situations.

I think for me it would be the Discraft Z Sting.

Not really underrated, but I just don't see it in many bags around here.

I'm not a high power player, 300ft is a solid drive for me at this stage in life.

But within my power range the Z Sting can do so much. I throw RHBH almost entirely so I need a solid anny disc in my bag.

Easy angle control. Nice clean anny lines in the woods. Easy hyzer flip to straight or late turnover.

I have had other discs that could do those things, but none so consistent and clean as the Z Sting.

So I haven't seen this disc mentioned by anyone yet in this thread, and there's a few mentions of it, but the AGL Magnolia. Nice slightly OS mid, that pairs well with my Comets.

Also gonna throw the Ponderosa in as well, perfect for dead straight putter shots. I've found it really easy to range, and flight wise it's a Comet as a putter.

I only bag one, but the AGL Manzanita makes for a great winter/wet putter for me, but they stick to my hand a bit much for hotter days. Makes for a great throowing putter though as it tends to stick where it hits. I might have some bias, but I do have 2 aces with the bunch I have.

RPM has several very solid molds that I have liked. I think they might be the most underrated company at the moment.

I am on board this train. RPM has been supporting disc golf growth in southeast Asia and I have loved throwing and handling their molds.

The atomic Kea is my go-to disc, it flies like a longer zone but with a big bead and a unique hand feel. I've replaced my Eagles with Huias: I have three from an off-white flat run of cosmics at 170 grams . I putt with magma Rurus and replaced my Big Z Roach with a cosmic Ruru, which is a tick less stable making for great workability.

Everyone should check out RPM and at least feel up the premium plastics if given the chance.

I am on board this train. RPM has been supporting disc golf growth in southeast Asia and I have loved throwing and handling their molds.

The atomic Kea is my go-to disc, it flies like a longer zone but with a big bead and a unique hand feel. I've replaced my Eagles with Huias: I have three from an off-white flat run of cosmics at 170 grams . I putt with magma Rurus and replaced my Big Z Roach with a cosmic Ruru, which is a tick less stable making for great workability.

Everyone should check out RPM and at least feel up the premium plastics if given the chance.

Have you tried a Kotuku yet? My atomic may be the prettiest disc I currently own. Flies nice too, like a Bard or OS Roc3.

The Kaxe is surprisingly versatile and I don't throw it nearly as much as I should. My bag has been mostly the same for a long time with a few spots designated for random discs trying to make the team. There have been so many times I didn't trust it for the first shot, but when throwing as a second throw it outperformed my main disc. Time to start trusting it when it counts.

Have you tried a Kotuku yet? My atomic may be the prettiest disc I currently own. Flies nice too, like a Bard or OS Roc3.

I haven't had a chance yet but will be importing a shipment from RPM fairly soon and will include 10-15 Kotukus. I am waiting on the Pekapeka to be released before making the order though as it's a 1x year occurrence. RocX3 Bard flight sounds nice although not sure that would replace my Buzzzes which is what I want from a neutral mid. I would guess my beat in Keas cover the shots a Kotukus is meant for.

DGA Tremor - Truly understable, yet controllable out of the box. Hyzer flip to turn machine.

The RPM Kotuku is a fantastic disc and I bagged it for a while. I've moved into a 14 disc Shift backpack and it couldn't coexist with the RPM Kea.

I've got the RPM Kea and Piwakawaka currently in the bag. What is a Pekapeka? New RPM disc?

Drift- Controllable hyzerflip with sneaky distance. Kind of like a Discmania FD.

Gotta be the Stingray for me. It was the 4th disc I ever bought and I've pulled it from the bag to trial different molds but I always found myself wishing I had it with me.

Maybe I'm doing the advanced search wrong, or maybe it's because the disc is only two letters, but searching either "Threads" or Entire Posts" yields zero results for my VP's? I bag three of 'em, and have four backups. Two dozen aces on the shortie courses I play, but nobody else around throws 'em.
...and now all Vibram discs are out of production, so...

The RPM Kotuku is a fantastic disc and I bagged it for a while. I've moved into a 14 disc Shift backpack and it couldn't coexist with the RPM Kea.

I've got the RPM Kea and Piwakawaka currently in the bag. What is a Pekapeka? New RPM disc?

A new driver mold scheduled for release in June. Flight characteristics roughly along the lines of a Beast or Valkyrie - basically a ten speed slightly understable control driver.

A new driver mold scheduled for release in June. Flight characteristics roughly along the lines of a Beast or Valkyrie - basically a ten speed slightly understable control driver.

Nice. I knew a new disc was arriving shortly. This almost sounds like the old Kiwi/Taniwha in flight characteristics.

Hyzerbomb Soft Tank. Feels similar to a Rhyno (numbers seem similar to RhynoX). I have several for throwing. New it is a really dependable approach disc. It can be overpowered to get extra glide to the right but always finishes left. Beaten up, it gains even more glide at low speeds (weird, as the numbers are 2,1,0,2), great for backhand approaches from left to right. I also use my 168g beaten up ones for uphill putts and it feels almost impossible to miss. I can talk more freely about them now as I have bought so many backups!

I'm going to throw some love to some Legacy mids I've been throwing for a while now.
The Legacy Valor is dead straight out to 300 feet for me. I used to throw Roc3s on flex lines on the same holes and I've gotten more consistent now that I release everything flat. The Valor can also handle a light headwind and holds turnover lines the whole flight.
The 2nd mid I've been bagging is the Recluse. Kicked the zones out of my bag. Flat pinnacle is more overstable and I can throw it further than my cryztal zones, while the icons fly straight for 3/4 of the flight and always finish with a healthy fade.

Latest posts