• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] What mids do you bag?

added a 169g fluid truth and replaced my 177g biofuzion truth with a 178g fluid. Still bagging the 171 moonshine.

Added a 171g VIP Bard and a 180g TP. They are on trial but I'm digging them for a utility mid. Good for shot shaping and easy to throw well with no run up.

Also started carrying a Fuse for turnovers.

Had to take out half my drivers to make room for all the mids.

175g lucid verdict OS mid. Great for shaping flex lines,hyzers and forehands
178g big z buzzz was my stable with fade but it's starting to beat out. If you guys know of a more stable buzzz let me know!
176g z buzzz seasoned buzzz dead straight
172g pro d buzzz or 175g esp meteor depending on how I'm feeling.

I am still bagging:

Big Z Comet
Z Comet or Beat Buzzz depending on how I feel that day.
Z Buzzz
BT Med Harp
VIP Harp

I am messing with a bunch of mids longer than the harp, in the stable-overstable slot to see if something compliments the Comet better, since the buzzz overlaps. I am trying (some sought out some left in my bin) Shark3, Pain, Verdict, Vector, Roc3. I would also like to try Kaxe/KaxeZ, Warship and others. But I think taking a touch power off the FD is suiting me well enough. I do love how the shark3 holds lines and is plenty beefy. Also feels buzzzish. But I still see wanting a buzzz in there too, unless I get a shark3 really beat in...

178g big z buzzz was my stable with fade but it's starting to beat out. If you guys know of a more stable buzzz let me know!
The Glo Buzzz can be found with a higher plh than the bigZ, but not a ton, and it will beat out too...

Let me know too. That would be the perfect mid to compliment my comets (see post above)

I've been trying to dial in my mid selection lately. I parted ways with a Star Cro and Star Mako recently, I liked the discs but not Star plastic. I might pick them up if I find them in G*. I currently carry a Crystal Z Buzzz, a DX Wolf and a Z Meteor. As of right now they seem to cover the slots I want.

Mids....star gator, over stable
Axis, mine is straight to under slightly under stable
Alias, straight to to slightly stable
Theory, under stable
Atom, firm element plastic for distance putting and up shots where I want it to stick and sit

Rock3 in champion occasionally

Been using over stable drivers also for short to mid up shots requiring some trickery and skips.

I throw Buzzz's for nearly all of my mid range shots but I'm slowly trying to use a Champ Roc3 more and more as I go. I enjoy trying new discs but these Roc3's just don't gel too good with me, so I likely won't be throwing out either my Z Buzzz or Buzzz SS anytime soon.

I mainly throw two:
Champ Roc3 for long mid drives and shots that go left.
Neutron Theory for longer upshots, big backhand annys, and straight to right shots.

I also bag a Gator for controllable beef and a Truth for those tweener mid/driver shots. Once I get one in S line, an MD2 will replace the Truth for more upshots and controlled drives.

Gator, but it's rarely thrown now
Vector, basically as long as my Roc3s but has the hardest finish
Champ Roc3, straight with a reliable fade
McPro Roc3, straight
Beat McPro Roc3, turnovers and anhyzers

Just these three: Z Buzzz, Seasoned DX Cobra, and a Z Comet.

Update...

I am currently Cobra-less right now. I have just tested a Opto Claymore and like it. The Claymore is a pretty stable disc for me, not as under as I was expecting. I get a good straight to fade flight out of my 170.

I like my Buzzz but the Claymore might be the disc that can kick it out of the bag. I get a similar flight between them, I like the shallowness of the Claymore better as well and the flat Opto one I have is less affected by wind ( so far ) IMO.

So from the guy who professed his dislike of mids, he now likes four of them...
Z Buzzz, Z Comet, Opto Claymore, and a DX Cobra. :thmbup:

There is only room for three in the bag...further testing is needed to determine who is going or staying.

Ghost & Gauge from Legacy.

I like the Ghost because it's like a Roc but with a true 90 degree rim, like a comet. I like the Gauge because it flys like my 3 year old beat up ESP buzzz out of the box. I feel I can cover all my mid shots with multiples of these 2 discs.

If I was able to play more than once a week I'd probably bag a couple of Comets and 1 Ghost for wind. The Comet is my favorite disc of all time but without the time to keep my form dialed in I have to go with less sensitive discs.
Switched back to my wasp, buzzz, and comet combo. I like the flatness of the wasp & buzzz.

Right now in my bag I have a FLX Buzzz, Roc3, Prodigy M3 and a Hornet. I'm not sure I need all of them in there.

I have recently added the bard to bring my bag to an all westside mid set up. I love the tursas as my hyzer flip and turnover mid. The warship flies dead straight with minimal fade. It flies very far as well. I have only had the bard for one round but i used it several times for flex shots, which it was great for.

Update on my mids - I am primarily using a TP Bard. Laser straight with predictable fade for both BH and FH. Suspect for when I need a little more fade, might swap it out for a Verdict, we'll see. Warship sometimes but I am using my putter more so it's starting to not be needed.

Beat Pro D Buzzz, Z Buzzz, Z Comet, Big Z Drone. Have tossed a truth a lot recently in my small bag (usually what I bring to the local par 3) but haven't gelled with it too well. Seems very OS in comparison to my buzzz's.

Latest posts