• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] What mids do you bag?

I used to be Z Buzzz all the way, but I fell in love with the Lucid Truth. I hate to admit it, but the Truth is a better Buzzz for me. I go somewhat light and only carry 10 discs overall, so my mids are my new 175g Lucid Truth and a flat 175g Z Buzzz OS. For a long time, I used a Z Buzzz and a Z Hornet in these slots, but I'm playing better with my new setup.

I love getting these responses! Makes me want to stock a bunch of Buzzzzzzzes because it seems so popular! Maybe in the future...

Right now I'm only using a Gator and Trident (if you want to call it a mid). Tiny bit of Core. But I'm using the Gator or Trident on more than half of my upshots that aren't close enough for me to putt.

2 star Cros (both 1st run) and a VRoc3 to try - Got a 100' deuce on it's 2nd throw Saturday so I think it's staying.

Pro Pig
DX XD's x2 (beat & fresh)
Star or Champion Ontario Classic Roc (star if rocky terrain, champ is more 'tender' footed)
DX Ontario Roc
Champ Spider
ESP Wasp
G* Pegasus
Z Meteor

I'm in a really weird space trying out different bag set ups. So I've been bouncing between:

2x Suspects (OS and straight approaches)
1x Fuse (Hyzerflips and Turnovers)
1x Fugitive (Dead Straight)
2x Truth (Straight with Fade)

and

5-3 DX Rocs in different stages of wear
X Comet that's slightly worn in

I need an os mid.. Should I go gator? Drone? I like buzzz. Will a buzzz os be OS enough?

Champ roc3
Flat top kc pro roc
Flat top kc pro roc
Mcpro roc3
Flat top Dx roc
M4

Only have the duplicate kc pro in the bag right now in order to get it broken in

legend and pinnacle ghosts are the most stable. gravity ghosts and comets are in the straight to less stable. gravity ghosts may kick the comets out as I beat some in. I keep an ezp buzzz for forehand approaches and when the ceiling is low. I have a panzer tank that kind of plays like a short OS mid for me. If i need a truly overstable disc for a midrange distance shot, I will throw a star firebird.

DX Roc - flat, beat, 175g
4 KC Pro Rocs - all different stages
Champion Roc3 - 180g
Champion Glow Gator

ESP Drone
X Buzzz
ESP Comet
X Comet
ESP Meteor

Buzzz and Comets are 99% of midrange throws. Meteor is used more as my anhyzer fairway driver (Leopard replacement) than a mid. Drone is mostly just forehand upshots.

Dropped the Meteor. Rarely throw my Drone but it's there for the random forehand or shot that needs to fade with vengence.

Last edited:
Champ Roc / Champ Roc3 (haven't decided which I like best)
DX Glow Roc
McPro Roc3
X/ESP Comet
Glow Champ Gator

Drone
Hornet
BuzzzOS
Cryztal Flx Buzzz
Comet

Like other's have said, there's some overlap, but sometimes you like one over the other.

BuzzzOS and Drone are not the same for me...

Latest posts