• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] What mids do you bag?

Prodigy M4
Innova Champion VRoc3
Innova Champion/Star Roc3

Champ Roc3 180g - Star Mako 180g - Z Buzzz 166g
The Roc3 is for wind or power shots that need fade. Mako for most open or straight shots. Buzzz for longer turnover shots.
I also use my Yeti Aviar and R-Pro Dart for short Mid-Range shots (up to 275').

Buzzz is my go to, i carry four, but really only throw two.

I do bag a 180g roc3 that i like in the wind, a beat roc for turnover shots and a prodigy m1 for the occasioanl need for super overstable short shots

For shots I need to go left, middle, right...
176 Lucid Verdict
167 Neutron Tensor
176 CryZtal Buzzz
171 z Comet
171 gl Fuse
...& half my aces came on those molds, so they stay in the bag. :p

Elite Pro MRX 175g OS
Champ Roc 3 180g Bit of Fade
DX Roc 176g Pretty Straight
DX Roc 180g Turns

McPro Roc3 x2 - for understable shots and shorter hyzerflips.
C-Line MD3 x2 - for stable to overstable shots.

I wish MD3 was made in Pro-type plastic. For me it is the best feeling midrange I have ever used.

Claymore - Current go to mid. For annys, straight shots, rollers, etc.
Buzzzz - Stable, workhorse mid.
Pain - Moderately OS, used for windy days, and for anything i need for a harder fade.

Ti Buzzz and Cryztal Meteor right now.

I have a couple Roc3s. They are straight to overstable and handle a headwind better than my putters. They flex out of anhyzers pretty good too if it isn't windy. Not necessarily partial to them as mids. I just found some cool dyes jobs on discs that happened to be Roc3s. One has a Sharingan from Naruto and the other has the Turtle hermit symbol from Dragon Ball Z.

Regarding yout original post - It is nice to cover the spectrum of overstable to understable shots with one or two molds because you don't have to worry about your new disc's flight matching the manufacturer's flight ratings.

1 Drone
2 Buzzz - 1 Max Weight straight, 1 172G Bar Stamp Hyzer Flip
3 Comets - 1 Max Weight Z Straight, 1 Max Weight beat ESP for finesse shots, 1 Max Weight Crystal for Turn overs

It's been a Discraft trifecta, Meteor, Buzzz, Hornet, since they started producing the Hornet in Z plastic.

But...

I made the mistake of checking out the DD Truth. I've been experimenting with lighter weight discs lately and a lightweight Buzzz is a tough critter to find.

Just might push the Buzzz right out of my bag! :eek: I've bagged a Buzzz for at least 6 years. 2nd longest run I throw.