• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What was the first disc you ever threw?

I always hate these threads because I dont remember exactly what I threw, but I am sure a Stingray and Aviar were involved early on, so I gotta imagine a Leopard was as well. I probably just didnt appreciate the Leopard like I should have.

Know that I was loaned a Banshee my first time out but I think there was another disc then as well. I do know for a fact that my 2nd time out, I had figured out I could tommy the Banshee very well and tried to do that the entire course. The next day I figured out that doing that was a bad idea. My shoulder hurt like hell!

Dx valk not sure of weight a friend had two discs and just gave me that one to use. I had played alot of ultimate and I remember how frustrating it was that I could not throw straight to save my life. Still can't when I really
need to.

Not sure if it was a 171 i-dyed Champ Sidewinder or a 150 DX Leopard, but either way, it didn't go more than 50 feet. Having thrown frisbees for years I was baffled as to why it didn't go very far. Thanks to good advice from the people here and a few other folks (you know who you are), I can put a disc out to at least 60 feet now :p

XL. It came in the Discraft starter 3-pack. I played a lot of catch disc and thought I was going to shred. It went 40 feet in the air and another 40 to the left. The classic n00b hyzer. I was convinced that it was too windy outside.

DX Shark, it was my most used and oldest disc (being first one I bought and all). I have carried it in my bag and used it quite regularly, up until I lost it at Horning's Hideout yesterday! Hole 9, somewhere on the hill to the right. Call me!

err meadow ridge that is

remember the look but no name

Some blue whamo 150g, think it was a putter, buddy of mine still uses one i'll have to check exactly what it is

Champion Valk, Thanks to Paul for introducing me to DG. Pensacola Fl, 2006ish. If I had to fix the carb on his motorcycle again just to be introduced,.... I would do it in a heartbeat.

first i threw: Innova Xcaliber. probably not a great starter disc.

first discs i owned: Discraft Crush, Innova KC pro Roc, Innova Star Aero

first disc thrown, probably a 69 cent frisbee
first disc thrown golfing, probably a SuperPro or a 141g Classic
first golf disc, Wham-O 86 stiff followed by an Aero and a Lightning P-38

First disc was probably a Wham-o 80 mold on the beach as a kid.

This.

Before I found DtW all I had was the serious toss and catch disc, so we played Oak Grove with our 80 molds.

First time I walked into Discovering the World, I almost pooped myself, I couldnt believe there were all these discs, just for golf.

I'm not sure what my first real golf disc was, I do remember having one of those original dimple discs from Dynamic, but I hated it, it was very hard plastic, and had edges that were razor sharp.

I still have my Stingray from 1987, its hard as a rock now, I'm sure it would explode if I threw it.

DX Raven. Have never seen another one since I lost it, somehow.

Cheetah for a driver and Puma for a putter, both cheap plastic. I bought both at a Walmart 12 years ago, and I still have both discs despite the fact their logos are almost completely worn off. I keep my Puma in my bag as a lucky disc, but don't use it that much due to how damaged it is.

Latest posts