• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What was the first disc you ever threw?

DX Banshee. It did not go well. I learned to flick before anything else.

the first disc i ever threw was a lighting #2 driver which is still in my bag today and i use it often

First disc I threw was a sparkle Elite-X APX... my brother's putter. He still has it.

First disc I owned (and second I threw) was a DX Cobra. I figured since it said "Multi-Purpose" on the front, this disc was made for everything.

Blue Pluto Platter, mid 1960's, shortly after I stopped crying because my brother hit me in the face with it.

On a disc golf course in 1986. Orange 141 Whammo lid, broke after 3 holes. White 165 Whammo masters lid, broke after 5 holes. Whammo 91 mold-my first true golf disc-broke it in less than a week. Whammo 70 mold, still in a box somewhere...

followed by XD, Aviar, Cruiser, Aero, Hammer, Thunderbolt

The only way to get discs in those days was hanging out at a course in hopes that a trunk seller would show up.

Big Bird yellow 172 gram DX Beast. Unfortunately it's gone now because I left it in the yard one day and my dog found it and turned it into little pieces while I was at work. I used that thing for everything for an entire summer.

Can't even remember. I think it was my friend's Elite X Putt'r. The first disc I ever bought and used for a long time was an Elite X Buzzz though. That's the first disc I ever learned to throw correctly.