• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's the coldest day you'll play?

I'll let you know if I throw tomorrow... high predicted at 18 with wind and I'm supposed to play with a buddy who lives out of town at 830 am. Might be pretty close to the coldest I've played.

Last year I played through a month long inversion where there was no wind and highs in the mid to low 20's. I think wind is the biggest factor in the cold personally.

I don't think I've played in lower than 20, but it's not because I wouldn't.... Today was maybe 24 but sunny. It was downright pleasant!

I hope to play consistently all winter. We'll see how cold it gets...

I am going to find out tomorrow ..... It will be in the teens , and I've got cabin fever so bad......I have to try.

Man, if I hadn't been at my son's basketball tournament for ELEVEN AND A HALF HOURS TODAY, I would've gone out and thrown, even though it was only about 15 degrees outside.

Man, if I hadn't been at my son's basketball tournament for ELEVEN AND A HALF HOURS TODAY, I would've gone out and thrown, even though it was only about 15 degrees outside.

11 & 1/2 hours? Ouch. Hope he won.

Played yesterday in 13 degree weather. I was warm but my face was freezing. The beer really warmed me up fortunately.

-20 this morning and we're gonna go to Mont Du Lac.

4e9de370600711e3875412b948f8d7a9_8.jpg

-20 this morning and we're gonna go to Mont Du Lac.

4e9de370600711e3875412b948f8d7a9_8.jpg

eff that noise. I hit it up yesterday around 25 degree and today is looking to be a bit colder. Not sure if I'll make it. Roads are iced over and folks around here lose their ability to drive when we get a bit of snow/ice. Walking is an option, but when it's 20 something outside and football is on inside where it's warm. Football may just have to win out today unless I find a ride to the course. lol :wall:

IMG]http://distilleryimage4.ak.instagram.com/4e9de370600711e3875412b948f8d7a9_8.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Really?

I went out today, and it wasn't that bad. Right around twenty degrees, sunny and calm. Didn't get cold at all, I actually got sweaty and only needed a hoody to stay warm. I played an easy pitch and put course for a total of 27 holes and ended up at -11 for the day with no bogies. That's about average for this course and a guy could easily post lower, but I'll take my score and I got out of the house.:clap: The course hadn't seen any action since front moved in and finding disc in the snow was easy. At first snow was melting and freezing to discs. One the discs got acclimated , you could just bump the snow off on your leg and the stayed dry. So leave your discs in garage/ car night before a snow round so they r cold.

cold weather dg pics

here is some pics from today

Attachments

• IMG_0138.jpg
    IMG_0138.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0139.jpg
    IMG_0139.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 27
I went out today; felt like I got nothing out of it. Can't run up, can't putt. Felt pointless. Then the hand got cold and I lost my grip strength. I think it was 7, felt like 0 or lower. Nasty wind. And that is the coldest I have played in. Will be using big mitten stuff with hand warmers next time. Hand warmers in pockets is not enough.

I went out today; felt like I got nothing out of it. Can't run up, can't putt. Felt pointless. Then the hand got cold and I lost my grip strength. I think it was 7, felt like 0 or lower. Nasty wind. And that is the coldest I have played in. Will be using big mitten stuff with hand warmers next time. Hand warmers in pockets is not enough.

Any colder or wind would have ruined my outing. Just good to get off the couch, no real aha moments in my round either. The only thing I learned today is that my mako III has beat In a bit through a summer of regular use and likes to go right . It used be my right up the pipe laser, with small hyzer Finnish. I have to hyzer flip if throwing any further th 200 with it. It doesn't spike to the right , but just keeps gliding gently to the right on 75% or more power. Could be usefull if I can get the feel for it. My wasp is slowly becoming my go to mid at this point. I can trust it not to turn over, at all,ever, but it can be shaped nicely around stuff. It can also handle full power better than any other mid I have for230 ish drives.

I keep a glove on my off hand, but my throwing hand just goes into my fleece pocket jacket pocket between shots. I never use a hand warmer, and I've never had a problem. We gotta toughen you guys up.

I was trolling the Trilogy page last night, and they were talking about not going out below 40º...one kid even said his dad won't let him go outside at all if it's 20º or under. What's wrong with this world?

I'll play in most any temp. However, given my bad knees, lotsa snow or ice would deter me.

Trudging through 2 feet of snow at 5 degrees made for a perfect day out there yesterday. The key? Warmers in the boots.

I was hitting all my lines, approaches, and ran at the basket a few times from 100+ out. It helped for me to remember snap and spin, and stayed over the disc a little more. Winter is perfect to slow down that form.

I've wussed out the last couple of days - Single digits, fresh snow, and brisk wind have combined to take the edge off my desire to go out alone on my lunch break for a quick 9 holes.

If this stretch of below-zero weather here doesn't end soon, I'm going to have to play in it. Gotta feed the monster that my disc golf addiction has become...

In International Falls, I'm pretty sure any temps over zero are considered shorts weather.