• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What's the most understable disc you regularly use?

Super beat CE Leopard. It's very flippy but very consistent, if that makes sense. Great for slow turnovers or rollers.

I have medium flex Wizard that doesn't have the bead anymore and is missing a good chunk from the bottom of the rim. It is really understable but I can hit some crazy hyzerflip lines with it. I also have a beat to snot DX Roc that has similar stability (or the lack of it), just in mid range form. I use them both a lot.

My 2 year old beat-in Diamond. Great for the tailwind or tunnel shot.

Beat to death KC Roc and a beat Star Valkyrie. They don't get used much, but I always have them with me.

Flick

I just have too much power for anything less stable.

Me too dude, Disc golf is hard when you throw 500' everytime

I have an old Star Sidewinder that will flip up and turn even when thrown on an extreme hyzer. It rarely comes out any more but when it does it is a thing of beauty

Definitely my beat champ roadrunner. I can throw low ceiling rollers with it. Awesome. Also, I throw a real high shot with a bunch of hyzer on it and it turns over, starts going right and never looks back. Freaks people out.

DX Stingray: short turnovers and far right finishing rollers.
DX Leopard: medium turnovers and right finishing rollers.
DX Teebird: longer turnovers and hyserflip-to-flat
DX Valkyrie: longer turnovers, rollers.

Most understable, at the moment, would be the Stingray. The Leopard, Teebird, and Valkyrie each have premium plastic versions in my bag with greater stability.

I usually have a zeppelin or zephyr in the bag and throw them fairly often.

I bag two understable discs;

A champ Katana, for backhand bombs and a Phoenix Hu for fairly long hyzerflips through trees and backhand rollers.

After that it's all stable to Very OS. Probably next most US is a star teebird.

I bag two understable discs;

A champ Katana, for backhand bombs and a Phoenix Hu for fairly long hyzerflips through trees and backhand rollers.

After that it's all stable to Very OS. Probably next most US is a star teebird.
I've noticed this in your posts, and it's something I hope to one day understand.

Tangent

I used to carry a Witness, but I haven't bagged it in awhile. When I put the Inertia back in my bag I guess it will take the Tangent's spot as least stable, but right now I'm having fun with slower discs.

Heavily beat DX Aviar P&A. Gets lots of use at short range and is a great disc for jump putting.

I use a 2013 Minnesota Majestic 162g Maximizer. Great for dog leg right holes and super anny roller disc. Don't use it often but a nice one to have in the bag.

Latest posts