• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Whats your favorite midrange and why?!

My super beat DX Roc.Its a 1999 Ice Bowl stamped Rancho that was given to me by my friend who introduced me to the sport.I did take it out of the bag for a couple of months while I was trying out an Opto Fuse.I really enjoyed the Fuse and was amazed with its glide, but there's not a shot I can throw with the Fuse that I can't do with my Roc.I find the Fuse to be a tad bit touchy while the Roc is a predictable Anhyzer machine.

I really like my Z Wasp. I purchased it a couple months ago and it's doing the work of the people. It was a nice surprise to be able to pick up some easy distance and still be able work it right or left.

I am probably in the minority here, but I absolutely LOVE my Evo HPP Element. It is more reliable than any other mid that I've thrown -- any line I pick, it will go that way (as long as I throw it right!). It does what you tell it to do -- once I learned to tell it the right things, I fell in love.

1. Comets: I have thrown and own X,Z,T-pro and ESP comets. I only have a 178 Z and 170 X in my bag now. They are fun discs because I can throw them very far for a mid (for me) and I can use them for a lot of different throws.

I also really like the KC pro Rocs and carry one or two. They are very reliable and I know what I'm going to get when I throw it.

I often see a LOT of love for the Buzz and a lot of people I know throw them. I never got the hang of throwing them. I figure I'm missing something, but comets, rocs and wasps all feel so close to the same in my hand...

Cro: small diameter, low profile, decent fade when new, beats to straight

it just about does it all for me since I throw bh and fh, I even putt with it

Throwing a Cro is like throwing a brick. No glide at all. Great in wind, but not much distance. I feel like I could turn an understable driver upside down and throw it for very similar results.

Ouch

I probably get max 250 bh and 300 fh out of it. It does everything I need it to do.

Z buzzz/X buzzz/pro-d buzzz. Favorite 3 mids right now. You almost need an overstable mid to finish out the slot, but the buzzz's will take 90% of shots 125 to 275

if you we trying to make an approach and the only discs you had available to throw were the DX Kite or the DX Skeeter, which would you choose to throw?

175g Z Buzzz is my go to mid range. I've recently been throwing a 177g MVP Axis though and it is definitely growing on me. It has replaced the Z Buzzz SS as my second favorite mid range.

Cyztal LFX and flat pearly Z buzzz's.

They are point and shoot mids. Not enough glide to carry WAY past on accident and handle power and snap like champs.

Pearly FR Champion Spider. It will hold any line without flipping out. The flight characteristics suggest that a Roc is more overstable than a spider but my spider has more stability than 90% of the rocs I have thrown. I also love small diameter discs. 200 - 300 or so, Ill usually throw a spider.

my esp flx buzzz is my most reliable and my 02 ce roc comes in at a close second. if its an anny shot my kc pro roc is my go-to. i dont think i can pick just one favorite midrange but just for the spirit of the thread ill go ahead and say my esp flx buzzz would be my #1

For a straight up mid disc, I'd have to say my vote goes to the Aurora MS. For me, that disc will take the exact line I put it on every time. If it doesn't, it's because I released it poorly. I have one of them in the standard millennium plastic that was given to me by a friend who got me into the sport. I love that disc. It won't be leaving my bag any time soon!

Latest posts