• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's your longest throw?

In what range is your longest throw?

• <200

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • 200-250

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • 250-300

Votes: 45 9.5%
  • 300-350

Votes: 121 25.6%
  • 350-400

Votes: 118 25.0%
  • 400-450

Votes: 112 23.7%
  • 450-500

Votes: 35 7.4%
  • >500

Votes: 31 6.6%

• Total voters
Could be the experience difference. I can't speak for everyone else on this thread but I can't hit that every single time. I was throwing about 375 FH until I worked on my BH all winter and that's the result I got coming back into the season.

Wow, I think there's a lot of liars on here. I threw a pro katana about 360' with some slight elevation help.

Consider looking at the years experience portion of most of the longer throwers stats. Also consider that some people just have those longer rocket arms. Many of whom throw so far because theyre so addicted to the sport , which would also explain why we spend so much of our free time on a Disc Golf forum. my two cents, I've got a rocket for my division. Shazam.

325 and change with a (now stolen, so no guess at the weight) sidewinder at a local baseball field.

(i go out there to practice in the open space anyway with the added bonus that i can use the fence as a distance gauge by walking off however far i get past that 270ft mark.)

exactly

Is this poll asking for longest throw ever, longest throw "pure D on demand", or longest throw that you can bank on on a real course where accuracy is required???

Mine vary a bunch - 420' longest ever (2-3 tinmes - must have got my form right by accident), 340' on command, 290-300' accurately. I voted 300-350'.

So this was pretty early in the thread and I've not read past it, however, this is just the thing. I used to throw this beat up pro wraith and as it got older I could send that thing out to 400 or just over. But to do so with any kind of accuracy was not happening. So....it now hangs on my wall. If I've got a ton of room I can maybe hit 340 with my Surge SS, but to have an accurate throw down a real fairway I'm only going to be at 300 most of the time.

ive posted on this thread already but i just wanted to comment that im not a liar i voted >500ft now it does make me happy to see that im in the top 7 percentile or so but i know theres alot of people that can throw alot further... think about it guys the records almost a 1000 ft... to all you nasayeres just keep throwing them and it will come around

ive posted on this thread already but i just wanted to comment that im not a liar i voted >500ft now it does make me happy to see that im in the top 7 percentile or so but i know theres alot of people that can throw alot further... think about it guys the records almost a 1000 ft... to all you nasayeres just keep throwing them and it will come around

i wouldnt say low 800's is "almost 1000 ft"...lets see some vid of you throwing.

This seems like as good of a place as any to make my first post. If nothing else, to hopefully provide some entertainment value and enter this community with a short story.

I have been tossing a disc back and forth with my dad since my hand was large enough to hold a frisbee (only have started disc golf about 6 months ago). So this particular event occurred before I hardly knew the existence of the sport. It was 2007, a series of events found me climbing to the top of Wind River Peak, a very easy ascent of one of the highest peaks in the Wind Rivers range Wyoming. Naturally I had to bring a Frisbee to throw off the top, it was an Ultimate disc (I understand that this doesn't really apply to disc golf, but that doesn't make it any less of an impressive story). The nature of Wind River Peak is a long, mildly steep snow slope most of the year, providing an opportunity for several throws down the face of this slope if any throw wasn't particularly successful.

Standing on top of the mountain I let the first rip fly, an awful hyzer that caught the wind and dove off to the left, maybe 400'. The magic of this mountain was that I walked to that spot and let another rip go, another poor throw dove into the snow at an even shorter distance *sigh* good thing we have about 3 miles of this left. The wind was beautiful for this attempt, a light breeze coming up the slope, if I could just throw a perfect glide to catch the wind it would sail. The next throw was the longest yet, maybe 600 feet down the snow slope, eventually catching a steep hyzer and crashing into the snow, still not perfect. The next rip left my fingertips and I knew this was the one, perfectly level it caught a wind current and floated. Well over the heads of my fellow mountaineers (this was not a disc golfing trip by any means) this was the throw I was looking for. The slight updraft carried it, and it continued farther than I ever thought imaginable, drifting along, eventually it came to a rest slowly slipping down the slope of the snow.

Now, getting into paces - I realize pacing isn't entirely accurate, but I did take a class in college on how to pace (sounds like a boring class, but in actuality it was awesome, we did cover other skills besides pacing, point being that I am well practiced in using my paces to measure distance), so, to pace it out, this throw came in at just under 1900 feet (probably lost an elevation of 500 feet) over 1/3 of a mile. This my friends, was my longest throw.

To answer the question with a real answer, I tossed my Champion Wraith 172g, just this afternoon on a downhill with the wind 711 foot hole number 7 at St. Agusta MN. Paced it out at 440 ft, this is my longest throw. The only other throws I've measured was yesterday, I threw all of my discs several times on the 500 some foot hole 10 at the Clearwater Pleasant lake Course in Annandale MN, this was a level throw with little wind, my farthest throw there was 380, again with the Wraith.

It makes me feel better to know I'm in the middle of the bell curve of people who like DG so much they post about it online.

Latest posts