• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's your plastic preference?

All of em. Most molds that I throw regularly I have in multiple different plastics. So they all have use.

If I had to choose a favorite, it would probably be flx for the feel or gold line for the look.

Champion like plastic. I only buy this plastic. If I need to season a disc I'll just drive with it into a concrete wall for a bit until its where I like it.

Putters: KC pro, champ rhyno for stability, whatever you call the omega SS plastic, and dx
Mids: KC pro and dx
Fairways: Champ, dx, echo star
Distance: Echo Star, Star and when it's ridiculously windy, Q

Plastics listed in order of preference. I'd like to add, if Innova were to ever put out eagles or even teebirds in the kc roc/aviar plastic I would soil myself with joy....maybe.

Last edited:
Z/Champ for the most part. I putt with Omega SS so those are R-Proish. I have Star counterparts to my champ drivers but I could play with only Z/Champ and be fine as long as it isn't raining.

I like star plastic (esp and similar included here) but I'm really enjoying my dx teebirds, I'm really considering a 175 dx eagle. Pro roc is an awesome mid grade disc, nothing better than taking a 180 and beating it up for months.

Champion like plastic. I only buy this plastic. If I need to season a disc I'll just drive with it into a concrete wall for a bit until its where I like it.

Discs that glide suck, hate getting easy unnecessary distance, feel like I'm cheating ;)

I like alot of plastics - really, other than some of the very very cardboard'ish DX, there probably isn't a plastic I dislike. That being said, Pro, ESP, and Star are my faves - even though I throw plenty of Champion.

I use a Gold line driver, a Z mid-range and a DX putter. I guess I like them all haha. I'd say Gold is my favorite though, it feels and looks the best to me.

Moving to X-Link rubber and Proton plastic for the most part. Long distance drivers... if I use them are either Millennium plastic or Gold Line/Tournament.

Hard to pass up gold line for looks, grip and durability. Opto has its place. I got one new Legacy disc in Icon plastic and that has a nice feel too.

I like base plastic for my putters, durable stuff like ESP and FLX for mids and Star for my drivers.