• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's your plastic preference?

Like the question posed by the OP. Makes me remember how much I love DX and pro plastic. Now I know why my bag doesn't doesn't seem right....

Star or ESP/FLX (feel) or Glow Champion (consistency).

My bag:
5-6 Champion/z Glow discs
7-9 Star/ESP
2 Pro (putters)
1 Champion, 1 C.E., 1 XG Champion (feels like soft star)

SSS for putting (as long as it's not too floppy, d*** Gateway's poor QC)
Star for drivers
Z Buzzz for mid
DX for understables (e.g. Stingray, beat Teebird)

But lately I've been practicing with Vibram X-Link and really like the feel.

Aesthetically, I like Gold Line the best, but for practicality it really depends on the mold. Putters in base line plastic (Zero Pures at the moment), both an X and Z Buzzz, Opto and GL Rivers, GL and Opto Halos, etc.

Other than the 3 Pro destroyers I carry all premium plastic. Now putters are a different story.

A nice variety of premium plastic is all that is in my bag. I really like the opaque champ plastic and soft Vibram stuff.

All my drivers but two are champion, have one star and one pro. my mids are Z buzzs and my putter are either SSS but one S but they are all fairly gummy

I've not been playing long, less than a full year at the moment still. I had always liked Champion or Z plastic equivalents for reasons of durability predominantly. However, having played a bit over the winter months and in rain/with wet ground - I've been considering moving away from it somewhat.

Baseline plastic for putters. I have all Z mids, but I would kill to have an ESP Wasp/Comet combo. Fairway drivers in Dx, Pro, and Champ.

Pro D putters, Z and Esp midrange and for drivers I carry a Z and Esp version of everything I throw other than the Pred.

Current plastic in my bag:

Putters - 1 organic and 1 medium Voodoo

Mid - My Super Roc

Fairway - Kc Pro Teebird (really champ plastic!!)

Drivers - 1 in Pro plastic (real pro)
1 in Z plastic
4 in Star
2 in Champ