• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where are you going in 2023?

Heading to PA next weekend to hit Faylor Lake, Agape Farm, and likely one more. Looking forward to playing my first Houck course.

Nice - I still haven't hit those two yet and I'm a lot closer than you . . .

Almost wiped out going down there myself, but my son and made it down in one piece.

Wish I could claim this was the hole that snapped my quad tendons., but alas, the hole that crippled me is much more humble in nature.
#5 at Muldraugh:
It's only about a 8 ft drop from tee to fairway, but the incline is quite steep, and it had rained the day before, so it was pretty muddy. The mud slipped out from under my foot as I was moving moving forward. My knees buckled and down for the count I went.

One second, I was enjoying my 3rd course of the day, getting ready to putt for birdie. The next second, my trip (and much of mu disc golf year) was over.

You don't need to be a freak, to have a freak accident. Just ask Paige.

Attachments

• Muldraugh #5.jpg
    Muldraugh #5.jpg
    508.9 KB · Views: 0
I'm driving down to the Florida panhandle in mid-August. Just finalized details. I'm sure I'll play a course or two while I'm down there, but the DG highlights should come en route. I'll be playing two Houck courses: Hobbs Farm in GA on the way down and Wolf Knob in KY on the way home. I've never played a course he designed before and am looking forward to these two.

Me and the wife hit all 7 courses by Iowa City today. We're exhausted. Was supposed to play 5 today and the other 2 tomorrow but the weather doesn't want to cooperate. It knows I'm headed to Moline 😁

Thursday is looking good for Camden though. Fingers crossed 🤞

Pretty pumped! Going to make my first ever trip to Texas to meet up with the Zachery and Guy from Mint Discs. I've been working with them for over 10 years (back to the Disc Nation days) and excited to finally meet them in person and play in the Hott event, Bat City Open at Live Oak Brewing Co. A Disc Golf course in the backyard of a brewery... Perfect. It's all going down Aug 26-27.

Starting to put together a trip to Highbridge in Sept. Looking like Rollin' Ridge, Sandy Pointe and Powder Mills are part of the drive. Any tips, suggestions, food, drink, lodging are welcome.

Or you could drive up the center of the state and hit some combination of Wilderness, Zobel Park, Standing Rocks, Big Eau Pleine, Rookery Run, and Sandy Point Resort on the way.

If you like hilly woods don't miss Wilderness. :D

Starting to put together a trip to Highbridge in Sept. Looking like Rollin' Ridge, Sandy Pointe and Powder Mills are part of the drive. Any tips, suggestions, food, drink, lodging are welcome.
If you're a hotel person, I had a very good experience at the Kress Inn outside of Green Bay. Reasonably priced, and managed by the local college it's next to. I stayed there a couple years ago when I hit Rollin' Ridge, Silver Creek Park in Manitowoc (would recommend as well), and Wilderness. Wilderness was a bit of a drive from there, just under 2 hours. But if you were otherwise going to stay closer to the coast it could make sense.

I stayed in Ironwood, MI when I played Highbridge and Sandy Point. It was about a 40 minute drive to Highbridge and an hour ish to Sandy Point.

If you mean Powder Mill in Marquette, that's a bit of a different direction but you could say I'm very well acquainted with the UP and its courses. Happy to help more there too.

I second what Monocacy said about Wilderness. Wilderness, Rollin Ridge, and Sandy Point are all pretty different but all can't miss courses IMO.

Sounds like a fun trip. 😁

Last edited:
We are going to take the Southern route up to Highbridge and the Northern UP route home. We have a couple social, couch crashing stop on the trip up to HB. We need to work some of the social visits out a bit, before setting our itinerary. Keep the info coming.

We are going to take the Southern route up to Highbridge and the Northern UP route home. We have a couple social, couch crashing stop on the trip up to HB. We need to work some of the social visits out a bit, before setting our itinerary. Keep the info coming.
personally i would skip the up and double dip back thru wi on the return loop to dearborn

the up dg sucks and wi has an absurd amount of quality courses

personally i would skip the up and double dip back thru wi on the return loop to dearborn

Or you could hop on the ss badger on the return trip...oh yeah that's out.

I've always wanted to cross the lake on the badger, but it's so expensive and so slow that I doubt I'll ever do it. I'll have to be satisfied with my memories of the beaver island ferries.

Me and the wife hit all 7 courses by Iowa City today. We're exhausted. Was supposed to play 5 today and the other 2 tomorrow but the weather doesn't want to cooperate. It knows I'm headed to Moline 😁

Thursday is looking good for Camden though. Fingers crossed 🤞
So what do you think of C2?

I of course have to defend the UP a bit. Powder Mill and Old Town are great in Marquette area. Calumet Lake is good if you want to take the detour to experience the scenery up in the Keweenaw. North Bluff near Escanaba is probably the best in the UP, very strong course that is flying way under the radar. And Superior Pines is one of my personal favorites that I plan on returning to for a fourth time when I am UP there (next week :D ).

Hard to argue against the WI courses I have played though - those are great courses for sure. I don't think ru4por could go wrong either way. 🍻

Or you could hop on the ss badger on the return trip...oh yeah that's out.

I've always wanted to cross the lake on the badger, but it's so expensive and so slow that I doubt I'll ever do it. I'll have to be satisfied with my memories of the beaver island ferries.
I rode the Badger one way for the aforementioned trip where I hit RR/Silver Creek/Wilderness. I may have gotten unlucky but I had a miserable time. The lake was really choppy and somehow the waves felt even bigger on the Badger. It was so rough that most of the onboard activities were cancelled and everyone just kind of gritted it out for 4 hours. 5 actually since they went kinda diagonally across the lake to try to avoid the worst waves. Unless the history/nostalgia of it is interesting to you, I'd say skip it. I'd battle Chicago traffic both ways before I rode the Badger again personally.

I rode the Badger one way for the aforementioned trip where I hit RR/Silver Creek/Wilderness. I may have gotten unlucky but I had a miserable time. The lake was really choppy and somehow the waves felt even bigger on the Badger. It was so rough that most of the onboard activities were cancelled and everyone just kind of gritted it out for 4 hours. 5 actually since they went kinda diagonally across the lake to try to avoid the worst waves. Unless the history/nostalgia of it is interesting to you, I'd say skip it. I'd battle Chicago traffic both ways before I rode the Badger again personally.
Anybody tried the express ferry?
Much shorter water time then the Badger...

Latest posts