• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who threw in the snow today?

Playing Pye Brook Park tomorrow where there will likely be slushy, sloppy snow due to the 45 degree temps in the forecast.

Not me.

But playing lemon lake tomorrow with a friend or two that have never been there. Very excited to get
Out there and throw. Hopefully temps stay above freezing :)

Threw a night snow round last night and will be heading back out tonight. Amazingly enough we weren't the only group out there last night.

Not me.

But playing lemon lake tomorrow with a friend or two that have never been there. Very excited to get
Out there and throw. Hopefully temps stay above freezing :)

Temps are supposed to get up into the 40's tomorrow. I think it's already above freezing (or close to it) tonight. So, it'll be a sloppy day tomorrow at LL...make sure you take plenty of towels and wet discin' gear. :)

Tomorrow I'm hitting up (finally) the (not so new anymore) course in Portage with Gordon Bombay and some of his associates.

80 mile round trip to play Bird's Ruins in the snow with a few friends, 30 degrees and sunny, not bad for wisconsin...

Played 24 holes today at River bends in utica, mi. Turned out to be an awesome day other than having to shovel all the pads and dealing with a little slippage. Hit basket for the second round in a row on hole 13. Yet to see anyone else out there yet...

this guy. played three rounds. :D

got out to acorn around 10 am, shoveled the teepads during the first round with my friends and after that OOOOOH MAN. the sun came out and melted down all the rest of the snow left on the pads. it was like throwing in the summer; amaaaaaaazing.

my suggestion to people who hate throwing in the snow (such as myself): bring a shovel and take care of it. :p you'll get to throw from a teepad that's as good as it's gonna get until someone else throws on it.

Last edited:
Played three rounds myself today too, the inch or so of snow melted off during the day, so it was slushy and then a little muddy, but can't complain too bad for hitting nearly 40 with low winds.

Almost had an ace on Wingfoot Lake's #8... just another inch higher! But no... CLANG off the basket it went.... DOH!

Played with another guy who came out and watched him Chicken Wing an Ace on #9 tho. Added insult to my injury for #8... lol. j/k... was really cool to see, and was happy to take a pic and send to him and give him my number in case he needs a witness accounting... hahaha

Played my first Ever round of snow disc golf today *gasp* at Sportsman Hill... it wasn't nearly AS bad as I had been expecting in terms of searching and we didn't even use ribbons. The trudging through snow and unsure footing on every throw and slippery snow covered discs did stand up to expectations for sucking though. Regardless I am convinced I will have to do it again.

2 rounds at Rollin' Ridge today. About 12-24" of snow on the ground, and lots of searching for discs. An awesome time!

^^^Dang, I wish I had more friends that dedicated to getting a round in, adverse weather be damned.
It looks like at least 2 of us will hit Hiller whether it rains or not, though. :)

Played white, silver and red at lemon lake yesterday. Beautiful day! :)

sounds like a great day! always magical at lemon:clap: yesterday 2 rounds channy longs on such a marvelous day, today played in freezing rain trinity longs. we were throwing from the sides of the boxes 8 holes in ha.

Shoveled off the teepads of the front 9 at the home course while throwing a solo disc round with an X Comet.

It was fun and good exercise, but the 15 mph winds made the Comet choice not so fun (+7 over 9).

Well, the memory of a 57 degree weekend was quickly wiped away with 22 degrees and snow today. Threw a putter round at Hudson Springs and then threw the Long Tees at Wingfoot Lake State Park to get some experience from those tees before this weekends "Hangover at the Hangar" doubles tourney.

Forgot to put my discs in the garage overnight, so the first round was dealing with a lot of snow and ice buildup on them. Friendly reminder to everyone to put your discs in the car or garage the night before to let them acclimate to the temps prior to playing below freezing.... let's the snow sliiiiiide right off!

11657319604_9011b65b22.jpg

A couple pics of Wingfoot Lake State Park from throwing a couple rounds there yesterday. 18 degrees and snowing much of the time with 20+ mph winds. Some cool light as the sun poked through a couple times between the snow storms. The large building behind the lake is the Goodyear Blimp Hangar.

11693186806_a44d800eaa.jpg

11692408845_b181aa98a7.jpg

Latest posts