• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

You bought lifetime supply of a favorite mold?

I bought several extra Ibexes and Obexes when Vibram announced they were stopping production. I hope I have enough to last me.

Pros can be very particular about their plastic.
Yet so many find ways to change sponsors and still be successful.

If you get hung up on "This is the only disc I can make that shot with," then...

1) you've already lost the game.
2) you're a disc maker's dream.

Agree to disagree.

I have used the tools of my craft long enough to trust how they work for me. I am not sponsored nor seeking a sponsorship and have no interest in trying to replace my tools with something different. Since I have plenty of what I feel comfortable with, I am most definitely not a disc maker's dream.

Molds I have 15+ of and make up about ~40% of the discs from 8+ years of accumulation:
Aviar Driver BB
P2/Alpaca/Omega4
Rhyno
Roc/Roc3
Leopard
JLS
Teebird/Teebird3
Firebird/FD3/Scepter/Draco
OLF
PD
Roadrunner
Destroyer
Scorpius

The molds that made my bag starting out I chose to get both backups and other plastic types/weights to try out.

I also try to purchase pairs/trios of discs when I find a plastic blend/run that I like.

Mainly discs leave my primary bag by being lost (water or thick rough). Been losing Mids & Control Drivers more the past few years.

• PDs left the bag due to OLFs being better for FH
  • Cycle in a new DX Roc/Roc3 about once a year when I do some travelling.
  • Transitioned from P2s -> Rhynos -> Aviar Driver BB for putting the last couple years.

I have two molds I have a lot of.

I love coming across flat, opaque champion valkyries, I have probably 20 backups at this point to the 2 in my bag.

I threw Vrocs for years, and even though they aren't currently in my bag I always come back to them eventually. When Innova put star Vrocs on the discontinued list I stocked up, and I never hesitate to grab them when I come across them. I think I have about 10 back up star Vrocs and at least that many in DX

As for all the other molds I carry I just try to have one or two backups on hand.

Haha ha ha ha....

So many Envy's, I've got a lifetime supply but they aren't enough! Truth be told same thing with Comets, my disc cupboard is like a fine cellar of plastic... what do I want to throw tonight? I'm not eve n going to try to count my Envy, last time I did it was 30+ haha...

So what is the next part of the question? I throw em, mostly maybe 5-10% are wall hangers, more are unthrown but lying in wait.

I once had a very large amount of 150 class QOLF,, probably enough to last my lifetime. It was an amazing disc for my game.
But with time my game changed, I slowed down even further, throwing only 7speed and down at this point.
I don't think I will buy a large stack of anything again.
I traded off my lifetime supply.

When Axiom announced that the Theory was going OOP I bought four to back up the one in my bag, it's my go to understable mid. Now four isn't really a lot of them, but I've come to realize that I rarely need to throw them in a situation where I might lose one. Add to that the fact that an understable mid beating in is really kind of a good thing and there's no need to cycle them, and it turns out that four just might be a lifetime supply.

My story is that I have a lifetime supply of Aeros. While I do enjoy throwing them, I bought them to give to newbs. With them OOP I'm hesitant to give them away. Never thought about it till now but I guess I'm hoarding them. (Damn! Another neurosis to tell my shrink about.)

There are some I buy several of if a run is very unique. The moonshine air Justices were near puddle topped that allowed them to be more OS than a stock lucid despite being 155-169 and I bought 5 of those.

But there are so many good discs available now I'm trying to be smart purchasing. Go with good deals if the disc is one I like rather than shelling out huge for rare run.

Sonics are the only mold I find myself wanting a lifetime supply. It's unique enough to be difficult to replace. Fits so nicely for me for so long.

Thankfully GG got some Stars ran, so my Dx supply doesn't quickly dwindle down any more.

I would be one happy camper if they'd do a run of Stars with the Dx stamp.

Last edited:
I probably have a lifetime supply of my favorite Buzzz. 2015 Ledgestone TI FLX. Love the feel/flight of it, and someone was selling 8 for a good price so I just bought them all.

Some of my other favorites I probably also have a lifetime supply of, but only because I don't throw them much where I'm likely to hit trees, so they'll take a significant amount of time before they get so broken in they need replaced.

Buying a bunch of one mold is kinda a leftover thing from the 80's-90's in a way. Back then all golf discs were base plastic so you needed backups. Innova discs in general tended to be less stable out of the box as time went on, so by the mid 90's people were scouring for old Vipers and old Whippets. You just learned that if you liked a disc now, you should get a bunch. I used to cycle through about three Cyclones a year; at that point at that pace I needed like 120 Cyclones to make it to age 70 without running out. The fact that I had over 20 of them didn't seem like a lifetime supply at all.

As it turned out, 20ish years later I still have 12 of them. :\ I thought I was going to run out by 2006. Stuff happens.

Now with Champ/Star-type plastics, you don't really need a bunch of backups. The disc is going to last a long time unless you lose it.

It's hard to unlearn the disc hoarding thing, though. I've got Z Comets all over the place than I'm never going to need, and I'm still buying them.

I'd like to have more 1.1 SOLFs, but quite honestly the 8 or 9 I have likely will last me until I finish playing. I've thrown them for about 5 years and just now getting one that is beat to hyzer flip to turn and never come back.

I've got enough RDG Wizards and Scales to last me forever, and I don't even bag them anymore. Same thing with KC Aviars.

Innova discs in general tended to be less stable out of the box as time went on, so by the mid 90's people were scouring for old Vipers and old Whippets.

I can't even imagine what a "less stable" Whippet would be like. Every one has been more OS than I could ever find useful.

ISO - Gold Line Stilettos!

lol.

I just bought a few. I had no idea they were apparently OOP until just a few weeks ago when I lost the last one that was in my possession.

But yeah - the only other OOP disc I have, and therefore the one I've stocked up on, is the Latitude 64 Gold Line Blitz. I have a dozen backup GL Blitzes. I don't know if that's quite a "Lifetime" supply. If I ever get down to running out totally, I'll just phase it out of my bag. From what I've heard a flippy run of Thunderbird is somewhat similar? So far its been worth it. I love the disc, it gets a ton of use for me. It seems to be in the "sweet spot" for my 80-85% arm speed, I really get a great amount of glide out of it at that speed. Basically a tee bird flight path with a bit more arm speed and stretching it out another 60-75 comfortable feet. So, yeah, for sure worth it.