• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

You just don't buy it.

Golden Retriever is something worth buying into. If you can see the disc you are going to get it back.

Now a suction cup on a stick that is something not worth buying into.

it isn't simple a suction cup on a stick. Is is actually extend-able and retractable. It gives you the ability to apply suction with a button. The cup just keeps the suction, so it actually holds fast to the disc.

I bought into a lifetime warranty and great fit and quality for $250+ mahal. I know I'll never need another bag and being able to collapse the side pockets for casual rounds has worked out fine. It's also been great for my back which would get tired/sore after a round.

I don't buy into warp speed drivers. Most pro's don't carry anything faster than a destroyer so how could I? :p

I bought into a lifetime warranty and great fit and quality for $250+ mahal. I know I'll never need another bag and being able to collapse the side pockets for casual rounds has worked out fine. It's also been great for my back which would get tired/sore after a round.

I agree, my Mahal was probably the best purchase I have made. I still get crap from people saying it's too big or that's unnecessary. I just smile.

I buy CE discs, 11x kc pro, bar stamped buzzzes, I have a Grip bag, and I wouldn't even think of buying a Golden Retriever because I thought it was a gimmick. THEN...I saw one being used VERY successfully and it changed my mind entirely. I am now getting one next time I see one for sale at a shop, or if I get frisky I may just find one online tonight ha.

The eclipse MVP stuff is super hot to death looking, but $20 a pop is biting off a little too much. Thank goodness for the MP and willing traders.

there is no "buying in" to pink predators. discraft pros who have thrown gobs and gobs and boxes and boxes of predators will all tell you that they are genuinely beefier

I don't really buy into the whole DX/Pro D plastic idea. I buy discs that fly a certain way, and throw the hell out of them. When they don't fly that certain way anymore, I start working on replacing them. Of course, I also dye my discs, and low end plastic doesn't dye well at all. It just doesn't seem worth the money for me. I'd get maybe 3-4 rounds with a DX disc before it's taken several hard hits and not fly right. Yeah, I've seen plenty of people work some magic with DX Wraiths and Pro D Challengers, but I just don't buy it.

Edit: After seeing Brother Dave's post, I'm extra glad I got my eclipse Ion on sale for $12. I do think it's one of few discs that would be worth $20 though.

Golden Retriever is something worth buying into. If you can see the disc you are going to get it back.

Now a suction cup on a stick that is something not worth buying into.

My stick has a treble hook on the end, it's a homemade job. So much easier then the golden retriever tbh, just harder to carry. I'm scared that the suction cup sticks will lose suction, my treble hook is .30 to replace and easily detachable.

I buy into the 'Things that cost more money are usually better quality'. I have found this theory to be pretty fool-proof in clothing, cars, electronics, and disc golf bags:)
I'd rather have a pair of Nike running shoes than Champion shoes (or Pack Rats, remember those)
I'd rather have a new Mercedes than a new Chevy Malibu
I'd rather have a Bowers and Wilkins stereo than a Jenson
I'd rather have a Mahal than a Grip
And there's no IMHO, these 4 things are FACT.

I am a bargain shopper. I really don't buy into anything because when it comes down to it we are throwing plastic that is shaped into a disc. Paying $50 or $5 I will get the same results...

I buy into the 'Things that cost more money are usually better quality'. I have found this theory to be pretty fool-proof in clothing, cars, electronics, and disc golf bags:)
I'd rather have a pair of Nike running shoes than Champion shoes (or Pack Rats, remember those)
I'd rather have a new Mercedes than a new Chevy Malibu
I'd rather have a Bowers and Wilkins stereo than a Jenson
I'd rather have a Mahal than a Grip
And there's no IMHO, these 4 things are FACT.

If I was going to drop fat cash on a bag I would go for the Mahal or the LE Gorilla Boy bag.

Latest posts