• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Your best disc "discovery" of 2016.

Dr.Smooth

Double Eagle Member
Could be an old school mold. Could be something brand new for the year. Or perhaps one you have been hearing about the last year or two and just haven't gotten around to trying it until this year. What is your favorite find for 2016.

The Relay. It's become a workhorse driver for me in the woods. I love that it has such a lower power requirement and that I can count on replacing it with another that will fly exactly the same. I get such accurate drives with it because I don't have to try hard, just give it a good follow through.

Last edited:
My favorite find was the Westside Longbowman. It is just so straight and finishes like a beat firebird. Love this disc for straight punching lines. Hyzers, flex shots. Forehands,backhands. Anything. But also an oldschool beast has been doing a lot of work for my backhand. Dead straigh with a stable finish.

VIP Harp. Kept hearing so much and finally gave in. Love it.
GL Claymore. Been a Roc only guy, but love the straight laser my Claymore is.

DDx for me. A really fun distance driver to throw, that doesn't require a ton of arm speed to get good distance out of while stilling having good control.

Vibram medium in general but for one disc it would have to be the o-lace never have I had a mold so trustworthy and consistent even with different weights.

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

The Zone (ESP) for me. This disc has really improved my approach game. I'm starting to get the hang of flicks so this will get even more use coming up.

Eagles, as well as ORCs. They bomb straight for me for 300'+.

G Star Tern. Love at first throw, first one I lost in a pond when I threw over a blind hill, replaced it immediately.

Verdict - I could see cycling multiple and it eventually kicking the truths out

Long Bowman - My new favorite driver. Can take my full power without turning and I know it will come back but not after flying for a while

Boatman - Such a good wind fighter. Sort of comparable to a Teebird. If a destroyer is a longer eagle, than a boatman is a longer teebird.

Really...post pics as proof.

...the most unlikely convert?

They are fun discs, but not in my main bag.

Believe it or not but I also own early Ions, Vectors and Volts.

Fanatics are annoying anywhere though (not saying you are).

I rediscovered the Wraith. I have been throwing them on and off for 7-8 years, but I finally found a couple that suit my BH nicely.

I had bailed from them because I was getting a really fully fade that was costing me distance, but I got an EchoStar and a light bottom-stamp Star that fly like I always thought a Wraith should.

It's gotta be the Culverin, hands down. As all Trilogy players, I was sorely missing the Thunderbird slot in my bag. The introduction of Culverin, Longbowman and Convict immediately gave us quite a few good options.

Out of the three, the Culverin was the one I clicked with immediately. It has the most glide and stays straight the longest. Still can handle some power and mild headwind. For more beef, I've already got Felons.

Interesting to see how the bag evolves next year since there is definitely some overlapping between beat in Culverins and newer Saint Pros.

DDx for me. A really fun distance driver to throw, that doesn't require a ton of arm speed to get good distance out of while stilling having good control.

Ditto. Just right HSS glide and LSS to be long yet dependable for a medium thrower. Works for flick shots too as well as massive anhyzer shots. I thought I was done trying high speed drivers (and always find that too speed hungry and thus too stable for me, or super long yet flippy and squirrelly to hit anything accurately) but this one clicked and now that slot is set for good. Other that that, the only new addition to my bag was a Justice. Stoopid stable for when you need ludicrous stability in a disc other than a driver.

No, wait. I did add also a S-CD2. Super straight and glidey, great for anhyzers as well. DDx still takes the cake.

Latest posts