• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Your LEAST favorite "new to you" disc you tried in the last 6 months

I use a Teebird as a fairway and Wraith with for driver so a Thunderbird would seem to be nice. Nope, hated it. Try and try but it gives me nothing good. Into the bin it goes.

ZFLX Challenger . .. the most flippy putter i have thrown . . . i like my US putters, my Deputy, Magic and Tui is straight to slightly US . .. the ZFLX Challenger flipps to a insta roller.

Same with Lat 64 FURY, insane US disc. . .if my ROADRUNNER is 9, 5, -2, 1 . . the FURY is 9, 4, -5, 0

Magnet, felt great in my hand. I hate that putter. I wasted two rounds trying to make it work for me, nope.

Deflector, yea ill just stick with my Z zone

Matrix, seemed like it was just what i was looking for till it flattened out 2 rounds later and cant hold a hyzer or flat shot line unless i fan grip it.

Wave, nothing but flip and roll in plasma and proton. my flat vanish has more stability than these.

I agree with the Defy too, i liked it better than the photon, but to describe the defy as a seasoned photon is a joke. kinda like how the wrath was supposed to be a seasoned tesla, then the flight numbers were released and the wrath is apparently more stable

I bought a misprint z mantis thinking I was getting an understable driver, and it came board flat and was the most overstable disc I have ever thrown. I can throw about 400 and I couldn't get that thing to go over 250 on a crazy flex line. I think mine was an oddity, but I am weary to try another.

the domey ones are the good ones, in my experience.

I guess the only disc I could list is the one new that I tried this summer and didn't stick in my bag for long - the aviarx3. Not much glide, which is what I wanted, but lost it's low speed stability too quickly. I was using it as a forehand/hyzer upshot disc, so that made it weird to throw. It's a good disc, but the zone is more what I needed for that slot.

Last edited:
I agree with the Defy too, i liked it better than the photon, but to describe the defy as a seasoned photon is a joke. kinda like how the wrath was supposed to be a seasoned tesla, then the flight numbers were released and the wrath is apparently more stable

This was such a shame. MVP/Axiom really has nothing to pair with Waves, which are my favorite drivers from them.

This was such a shame. MVP/Axiom really has nothing to pair with Waves, which are my favorite drivers from them.

You and me both. I've actually emailed the company just to point out that there's still a market for Speed 12 drivers, and that the gap between Photon and Wave is huge. Didn't get a response, which I assume is because they're too busy developing more warpspeed monsters that I can't throw.

The Wave is an interesting disc. I don't care for my flat Proton Wave b/c it just doesn't have particularly good glide. But my Plasma is great IF you have buttery smooth form. Before I changed form and added distance the Plasma Wave was turnovers and rollers only. Now, it appears that despite adding distance I've also gotten smoother so the Wave is more workable. If you throw everything with a flat release though you're probably gonna have a bad time.

Discmania P2 -- I was on the search for a new putter - heard the hype - saw the Eagle (and the Simon) so I picked a couple up. Not a bad shape/feel but just didn't love the plastic and the flight. It was NOT as stable/OS as it says. It was way too touchy

Prodigy A2 - Wanted to love it, I was looking for a short range really OS disc - and it is, its a good disc , but I could NEVER get it to land where I wanted, haha - I went back to a Zone and realized - I had this disc the whole time - so its not a bad disc, but I couldn't find the range, either I pushed it TOO far or fluffed it and it was short

World - Probably the more disappointed I've been with a driver - its supposed to be OS but it was VERY touchy - sometimes I would rip it and it would hyzer out hard - othertimes would up-flip over and anny roll into the dirt to nowheresville . Its a thin thin disc and that leaves a SMALL margin of error - its not a consistent disc from what I've seen ever from Feldberg throwing it, sometimes it flips too much, othertimes it doesn't

The Wave is an interesting disc. I don't care for my flat Proton Wave b/c it just doesn't have particularly good glide. But my Plasma is great IF you have buttery smooth form. Before I changed form and added distance the Plasma Wave was turnovers and rollers only. Now, it appears that despite adding distance I've also gotten smoother so the Wave is more workable. If you throw everything with a flat release though you're probably gonna have a bad time.

I thought the Wave stunk. I threw at least 3 of them and never really felt like any of them flew great. Not very glidey and they had mediocre distance.

I'd rather use an Octane or Catalyst.

Discmania P2 -- I was on the search for a new putter - heard the hype - saw the Eagle (and the Simon) so I picked a couple up. Not a bad shape/feel but just didn't love the plastic and the flight. It was NOT as stable/OS as it says. It was way too touchy

Prodigy A2 - Wanted to love it, I was looking for a short range really OS disc - and it is, its a good disc , but I could NEVER get it to land where I wanted, haha - I went back to a Zone and realized - I had this disc the whole time - so its not a bad disc, but I couldn't find the range, either I pushed it TOO far or fluffed it and it was short

World - Probably the more disappointed I've been with a driver - its supposed to be OS but it was VERY touchy - sometimes I would rip it and it would hyzer out hard - othertimes would up-flip over and anny roll into the dirt to nowheresville . Its a thin thin disc and that leaves a SMALL margin of error - its not a consistent disc from what I've seen ever from Feldberg throwing it, sometimes it flips too much, othertimes it doesn't

I've thrown 3 Worlds, and they were all different. Fist one was VIP plastic and performed how a World should. Really beefy w/ no high speed turn. Next one was also VIP plastic and actually had quite a bit of turn. I could turn it all the way over if I threw it hard enough. Last one was an AIR World. Somewhat flippy. I don't think AIR plastic is a good representation of a mold.

Trilogy drivers simply aren't consistent. I've never thrown any of their molds that were the same from disc to disc. I guess if you want beef in there you'll have to use a Defender. Those ones I think are pretty beefy.

Hasn't happened to me yet, but a few friends have broken the KC color glow discs. Cleanly broken through the middle of the flight plate. I've seen it happen to Aviars and Rocs.

I think it was just one specific run that came out so brittle. No idea how they made it through Quality Control. They were run for CFR/TFR stamps last year. I have personally seen least 2 different that were made for different clubs/events. One was like a 30' putt that was not moving very fast, hit the cage, and just broke cleanly into 2 pieces.

I have 4 of those Rocs. I'm emotionally ready for them to break in half; I know it's coming eventually. Pretty shoal, IMO.

Hasn't happened to me yet, but a few friends have broken the KC color glow discs. Cleanly broken through the middle of the flight plate. I've seen it happen to Aviars and Rocs.

I think it was just one specific run that came out so brittle. No idea how they made it through Quality Control. They were run for CFR/TFR stamps last year. I have personally seen least 2 different that were made for different clubs/events. One was like a 30' putt that was not moving very fast, hit the cage, and just broke cleanly into 2 pieces.

I have 4 of those Rocs. I'm emotionally ready for them to break in half; I know it's coming eventually. Pretty shoal, IMO.

Yikes. When you throw a premium plastic disc the last thing on your mind is breakage. I've seen instances of premium plastic breaking, but usually only very old discs that have been out in the sun for extended periods.

My buddy bought 3 brand new McPro Aviars - first putt with one, it cracked in half....It WAS cold out, but I mean ----come on ---- I've never had a disc 'break' on me. the 1 thing Innova sucks at....Putter plastic. Discmania/Innova putter plastic is surprisingly the worst given all their other things are the standard. I sit comfortably in saying Trilogy has the best baseline plastic. And I use like, 1-3 trilogy discs and that's it. Whats good is whats good. Prodigy has decent baseline in 300, MVP would be great, the electron is super nice but deforms easier than prodigy or trilogy - as for feel tho, MVP Electron is like velvet butter

I feel like Innova has some good options for putter material, but some are certainly much worse.

I putt with JK Pro and Gateway's SSS currently. Similar hand feel: grippy, flexible, kind of pseudo-rubber.

I've heard good things about the Trilogy baseline(s) but I just can't bring myself to adopt the communist philosophies. When the 2-disc challenge was in town, I got a SWEET MegaSoft putter that felt the most like JK Pro. Was also very pretty with blue and pink swirls. BUT, commie, so I gave it away right after the event.

I've heard good things about the Trilogy baseline(s) but I just can't bring myself to adopt the communist philosophies. When the 2-disc challenge was in town, I got a SWEET MegaSoft putter that felt the most like JK Pro. Was also very pretty with blue and pink swirls. BUT, commie, so I gave it away right after the event.

:rolleyes:

I feel like Innova has some good options for putter material, but some are certainly much worse.

I putt with JK Pro and Gateway's SSS currently. Similar hand feel: grippy, flexible, kind of pseudo-rubber.

Good man :clap:

Star Caiman - Not the Champion plastic that was promised for proto and way more glide than advertised

Star Aviar3 - Just not comfortable in the hand and it tends to flip in a headwind

I can see these discs being really great for some people, they just were not what I was looking for. Anyone that wants these and has a Pro Thundy, K3 Kaxe or a soft P-Line MD3 that they are not using, PM me

Latest posts