• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Zero Masks, Zero Social Distancing...

True. This is a troll infested thread, all working harder than the next for attention. Please, for the love of god, landfill this.

Maybe folks like you should stop commenting on EVERYTHING and trying to throw around your supposed medical expertise and these effin political posts will die. If not I would like a way to delete my account here. I came for disc golf, not name calling, trolling or politics. Save that sh*t for your falsebook and ****ter accounts.

Maybe folks like you should stop commenting on EVERYTHING and trying to throw around your supposed medical expertise and these effin political posts will die. If not I would like a way to delete my account here. I came for disc golf, not name calling, trolling or politics. Save that sh*t for your falsebook and ****ter accounts.

Pro tip:

You can always log off and go elsewhere.

It's free and easy.

You're welcome!

Agreed. I suppose that would apply to people with symptoms as well, they should stay home. I am thinking about when folks at the grocery store let out a sneeze with no mask. They deserve the death stare they get from me.

Some of us sneeze due to bad allergies....but I do understand - people can't tell the difference between an allergy sneeze, a "nose twitch" sneeze, and a sickness sneeze. Always best to wear a mask in these times. I'm doing my best.

Some of us sneeze due to bad allergies....but I do understand - people can't tell the difference between an allergy sneeze, a "nose twitch" sneeze, and a sickness sneeze. Always best to wear a mask in these times. I'm doing my best.

I have nasty allergies and other sinus issues.

I sneezed in my mask once. :sick::sick::sick::D:D

"Looks like some kind of secreted resin. Yeah, but secreted from what?"

A mask holds the virus in containment as well as underwear keeps a fart from escaping. DYODD

Boogaflu virus.... .04-1.6 microns in size

N95 mask worn properly.... .3 microns in size. <<< if worn properly, which most aren't

The virus doesn't transfer in a vacuum smooth brain.

Now do the size of droplets.

I have nasty allergies and other sinus issues.

I sneezed in my mask once. :sick::sick::sick::D:D

"Looks like some kind of secreted resin. Yeah, but secreted from what?"

Jim, we're still good as long as you don't sneeze I'm my mask.

:eek:
:gross: :sick:

I know all of the recent events I have signed up for recently have a nice long Covid waiver that you have to sign at the end of registration on DG Scene.

They ran their tournament thru DG United and I have no clue as to what type of waivers if any that you have to sign to participate.

currently required for all pdga events, written by a (former) lawyer most likely.

This is the part that pisses me off. It's embarrassing to be associated with this behavior, even marginally. Like when Wysocki ran over to hug the spectator at DGLO. You can think you're watching a serious event with elite athletes and then you see that. :doh:

It was so over the top ridiculous in a casual way that it felt weird... Jomez just shouldn't have shown it (I didn't watch live coverage so not sure how that was). It was a really, really, REALLY bad look by Wysocki and I don't think people realize how big of a deal stuff like that is to the DGPT in the current climate.

For new COVID-19 infections in Maryland, contact tracing shows that:

• 44% attended a family gathering;
  • 23% were at a house party; and
  • 21 percent participated in an outdoor event.
So outdoor activities are lower-risk but not risk-free.

And disc golfers should take reasonable precautions that have been discussed ad nauseum.

For new COVID-19 infections in Maryland, contact tracing shows that:

• 44% attended a family gathering;
  • 23% were at a house party; and
  • 21 percent participated in an outdoor event.
So outdoor activities are lower-risk but not risk-free.

And disc golfers should take reasonable precautions that have been discussed ad nauseum.

Although I agree DG, and literally everything and everyone, should take all reasonable precautions, I am curious what makes up the "outdoor event(s)" in this situation. Protests? Beach party (July 4)? Concerts? Funerals? Trump Rallies...? I very much assume things like those listed, maybe not so much DG. I know its impossible, but id like a stat on DGers getting C19 during a DG event, casual or not. I am genuinely curious.

and there is the truth....."most people"....not just disc golfers, but most "people". Pro disc golfers are no different than other people. Look around your community, how many people social distance and wear masks? There are states where masks are mandatory and yet there are still people that won't wear them. It would be nice to see them wear masks since they are appearing in a video....but, it's their choice - and did the state they played in make masks mandatory?

I get the frustration....I see it in my state of Arizona where masks are not mandatory. I don't wear my mask playing disc golf, but I do social distance. In the stores, I wear a mask. For disc golf, a mask restricts my breathing and fogs my glasses; so I opt to social distance as best as I can.

Disclaimer: I have ordered a different mask to try and see if that improves my breathing and reduces the fogging of my glasses.

Inside is where the Masks should be mandatory as should Distance rules everywhere as much as can be unless COPD or the very very Severe Asthma where only a miltary style gas Mask can be used. Unfortunately it has become so politicized in USA on the Far right and in young Super Liberals mostly minority or white Bernie only supporters who are doing no mask to say we need Universal healthcare or fix to the ACA as the only version of healthcare So it is no longer able to be for the rich or tied to a job as a forced issue from Joe Biden to have the win on the election. I mean my mom and dad with the big Greenhouse they have run since 2016 also has a break even Landscape side I would have gotten rid of the head guy and used my brother for that, The Greenhouse would not have lost head of nursing employee if she did not switch to a state job for the Insurance at age 26 as thanks to some the issues made for the ACA by some Politicians make it so that the coverage is expensive for those under 35.

On the Disc Golf side, I think indoor is where the Mask should be required for PDGA NT and DGPT events.

ACE - Zackeriath Johnson | Hole 8 | Harmony Bends...

It was so over the top ridiculous in a casual way that it felt weird... Jomez just shouldn't have shown it (I didn't watch live coverage so not sure how that was). It was a really, really, REALLY bad look by Wysocki and I don't think people realize how big of a deal stuff like that is to the DGPT in the current climate.

GK Pro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExYvkgQh6M8 more of the same :mad:

. . . I am curious what makes up the "outdoor event(s)" in this situation. Protests? Beach party (July 4)? Concerts? Funerals? Trump Rallies...? I very much assume things like those listed, maybe not so much DG.

I checked the MD contact tracing web site. Sounds like they ask open-ended questions about where people who tested positive might have exposed others. Presumably categories are compiled later, but I couldn't find any detailed info.

Which is a shame, more information might help people make better-informed decisions.

I know its impossible, but id like a stat on DGers getting C19 during a DG event, casual or not. I am genuinely curious.

In the earlier post I was referring to the group photo and the general lack of distancing I see on many disc golf videos. But I have not seen anything about transmission at disc golf events. I hope it stays that way.

Disc golf should be pretty darn safe with minimal precautions. I just wish those who are good enough to be featured on videos would use their platform to set a better example. Nobody is going to watch me hacking through the woods while social distancing. Well perhaps for comic relief. :D

Sat while I was spotting at DGLO, and Sun while I was watching from the road (behind # 16 & 17)...

Several people I know (local players in the event, as well as locals that came to watch from the road, came up to say hi, and way too many presented a fist, looking for a bump. :\

I felt kinda awkward, but simply backed away saying, "Thanks, but I'm trying keep my distance from people, just to be on the safe side."

Most of them were young, but at least one of them is about my age, which really surprised me. :\

Several people I know (local players in the event, as well as locals that came to watch from the road, came up to say hi, and way too many presented a fist, looking for a bump. :\

Ricky didn't give you a hug? ;)

Although I agree DG, and literally everything and everyone, should take all reasonable precautions, I am curious what makes up the "outdoor event(s)" in this situation. Protests? Beach party (July 4)? Concerts? Funerals? Trump Rallies...? I very much assume things like those listed, maybe not so much DG. I know its impossible, but id like a stat on DGers getting C19 during a DG event, casual or not. I am genuinely curious.

So far, protests have been covid free.

So far, protests have been covid free.

There have been a number of police officers and National Guardsmen who have tested positive after working protests. Which could be correlation rather than causation, of course. But I have been surprised to see how many police officers were not wearing masks.

In South Carolina organizers postponed or moved online some protests after 13 participants tested positive. Again, not clear whether or not protests caused the infections.

In several locations where testing sites were set up near large protests, positive test rates were lower than that in the local population.

The National Bureau of Economic research examined cell phone data from areas with big protests. They concluded that any positive cases from protests may have been offset by more people deciding to shelter at home because of the civil unrest.

So protests do not seem to be a significant cause of COVID cases, probably because of mask usage and lower transmission outdoors. Still, protests being "covid free" might be a stretch.

Research Determines Protests Did Not Cause Spike In Coronavirus Cases | Forbes