• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Innova Katana

steven said:
just ordered some 168 pro katanas today. how can i expect them to compare to my 167 pro bosses and 150 r-pro bosses?
They should fly a lot like your 150 R-Pro Bosses. Way flippier than the 167 Pro Bosses.

steven said:
just ordered some 168 pro katanas today. how can i expect them to compare to my 167 pro bosses and 150 r-pro bosses?

I have a 155 r-pro boss, and 168 and 172 pro Katanas. Both Katani have less HSS and less LSS than the boss. The boss is straighter. I put the Katana on a slight hyzer up in the air, it flips and never comes back... never even tries... not even a little bit... (these shots are 390-400ish.) The boss would flip a little and stall on the same line. I find them to be somewhat similar but the Katana is less nose angle sensitive and more speed sensitive. My Katanas become hopeless rollers in any kind of headwind. (note: I'm throwing clean, high-spin shots here, no wobble-over crap... they're extremely speed sensitive.)

Cali said:
Hazy Shade is getting in some Innova FR Star stamped Pro Katanas in tomorrow for 15 bucks each.

Haven't heard of them being in stock any place else so they might be limited.

Only 25 are gonna be in the shop, LMK if you want one and we can work something out.

Going, going, almost gone.

I picked up my 2 today at the shop and there were people coming in and buying them in stacks of 4-5. When I left there were only 5 left. All 167-171.

Got my Limited Edition Black Champ Katana's today!!! This things are mint! DOMEY just like the Pro's that I have and I'm hoping they fly the same as well. My FR Proto's should be in tomorrow or Sat from Sun King can't wait to see those!

Here are the pics, one silver stamp, one gold stamp. Wanted a blue stamped one but they didn't have any.

ka1.jpg
ka2.jpg

ka3.jpg
ka4.jpg

And of course what's better then my daughter holding her own Pro Katana!!!

au1.jpg

anyone know about variation of stability of different colors of the production run pro katanas?

Well I'd say Discraft will have a distinct stability for each color, while with Innova the color is just the color for the most part. If one color of a certain disc all seem a certain way, they were probably just from the same run/batch. Another later batch of the same color is by no means guaranteed to match the previous. Probably because Innova plays around with the mixture from time to time.

Aaaaaaand I don't understand brand loyalties.

What would you guys say the power requirement is on these things? The understability makes me think it might not hold true to the usual high power requirement for a speed 13 disc.